So at what weight do women actually respond to a guy?

Options

Replies

• em3317
    Options
    Once you find the right girl, it will not matter. She will love you for who you are but want you to be healthy.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You're walking up to the wrong girls.

This. Weight isn't nearly as important to most girls as it seems to be for guys. The essentials like hygeine, pleasant personality, sense of humor, etc. are all-important, but girls are much more interested in style, taste, and confidence than in the canvas those things go on. Hence why all the amazing chubby guys are already taken, and equally amazing chubby girls become cat ladies.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    As you continue to lose weight your confidence will grow. There's no magic number. It really is about confidence... or a 12 inch wallet.
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    178lb. So much as 1lb more or less and I'm out.

Love it.
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity.. and I am sure I will be flamed for this question.... but what kind of weight are these women you are approaching? I do find there are a lot of guys out there who expect that women will take the time to get to know them for them, regardless of their looks, weight etc etc... Yet they only expect this from the hot, skinny chicks, whilst ignoring the 250lb ladies with the great personalities..........

Just curious :-)
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    There is someone out there for everyone. Keep trying, you'll find her. :)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You're either approaching the wrong girls, or using the wrong approach. This may sound a little shallow but if you are a little (or a lot) overweight still you are probably going to have to work a bit harder to win a girl over with your personality. Any girl worth your time knows that personality is what matters in the end, so you just need to find a way to make yours shine. It can be a little difficult to break down that barrier in a short amount of time. That's why the situation that you are approaching the women is probably important too. Bars are generally not a great place to meet people of the opposite sex.

Been said already but confidence and humour are key

The girl in the footsie pajamas likes a good sense of humor...there's a suprise!

Are you implying that my onesie is somehow humerous? I'll have you know that it is in fact a very serious piece of clothing. Practical and sooo comfy :smile:

My point is that humour has the ability to break down barriers set by social perceptions of what is attractive
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Stop walking up to girls with a sign on their backs that says "I will reject you"............. oh wait...... they don't have signs? So how in the hell are you supposed to know if they're the wrong girls? :noway:
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So when I was 290 the last girl I approached before starting my weight loss back up literally turned around on walked away without acknowledging me. At 245 I guess things have improved in the sense they'll talk to me for 30 seconds until they come up with an excuse to get away but still. So guys who have lost weight or to all the women out there, when does it actually get better? I mean do I need to be a fitness model or something because that's probably a bit out of reach.

217 lbs. Serious.
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    Just out of curiosity.. and I am sure I will be flamed for this question.... but what kind of weight are these women you are approaching? I do find there are a lot of guys out there who expect that women will take the time to get to know them for them, regardless of their looks, weight etc etc... Yet they only expect this from the hot, skinny chicks, whilst ignoring the 250lb ladies with the great personalities..........

This also. If you're only asking out model-types, of course you're getting shot down. Those girls are usually pretty shallow anyway.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    well ima t 185 so its obviously below 185

try taking pictures of yourself in the bathroom w/ your pants off. chics love that *kitten*
    yes.....and make sure we can see the camera in the mirror.....that makes us really hot for you - oh...and maybe there could be some nasty *kitten* caked onto the bathroom mirror too........
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

No flames from me... I was thinking the exact same thing.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

yes!!!!
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You're either approaching the wrong girls, or using the wrong approach. This may sound a little shallow but if you are a little (or a lot) overweight still you are probably going to have to work a bit harder to win a girl over with your personality. Any girl worth your time knows that personality is what matters in the end, so you just need to find a way to make yours shine. It can be a little difficult to break down that barrier in a short amount of time. That's why the situation that you are approaching the women is probably important too. Bars are generally not a great place to meet people of the opposite sex.

Been said already but confidence and humour are key

The girl in the footsie pajamas likes a good sense of humor...there's a suprise!

Are you implying that my onesie is somehow humerous? I'll have you know that it is in fact a very serious piece of clothing. Practical and sooo comfy :smile:

My point is that humour has the ability to break down barriers set by social perceptions of what is attractive

love it :)
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

try taking pictures of yourself in the bathroom w/ your pants off. chics love that *kitten*
    yes.....and make sure we can see the camera in the mirror.....that makes us really hot for you - oh...and maybe there could be some nasty *kitten* caked onto the bathroom mirror too........

noted, and btw, have you seen the bathroom self shot of the girl w/ a huge log in the toilet in the back ground?
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree that this has far more to do with confidence and charisma than weight. I know guys who are significantly overweight who get more @$$ than a toilet seat, and other well-build guys who can't get the time of day from most women. I'd also agree that you might be approaching the wrong women.

^^This.^^
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

noted, and btw, have you seen the bathroom self shot of the girl w/ a huge log in the toilet in the back ground?

I hate myself for knowing what you're talking about...
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

My advice is to make them laugh! "If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything" -Marilyn Monroe
    Seriously though, I'll be honest and say my boyfriend isn't model material but he makes me laugh even when I'm crying and I wouldn't trade him for the world.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The girls who are ignoring you must not be quality anyway, so don't sweat it!

And yes, heavier girls tend to be nicer, so try not to go after the stick figures. This isn't meant to offend either heavier girls or really thin girls, but as a formerly obese girl, I had a great personality that was often ignored for total *****es who thought they hung the moon!

Be confident and the rest will follow :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a guy with a little bit of chub, I prefer that over super thin / super muscular.