Is it okay her boyfriend pushed her in anger?

Options

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Provoked or not (and the 2nd push on the head does not sound provoked) - definitely not acceptable behavior!

Up-in-the air on the 1st push, depending on how her approach looked (will never know), but the 2nd sounded COMPLETELY out-of-bounds! My feelings would be the same if the genders were reversed. Some people (not calling out ANYONE in particular) think that it's socially acceptable for a woman to slap a man or throw a drink in his face. I hold both sides to the same standard. </soapbox>
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    this is one of the few times its ok to fight a woman.

ryu-vs-chunli.jpg
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    this is one of the few times its ok to fight a woman.

ryu-vs-chunli.jpg

Yeah, maybe after the forehead push, she should've "hundred-heel"-kicked my @$$! :laugh:
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I had a best friend whose husband beat the crap out of her when he came home drunk. That is abuse.

When you decide to escalate an argument with your significant other and provoke a push or a shove. That is stupidity.
  • farfoorah
    Options
    I dunno, is it okay Lorena Bobbit chopped her husband's **** off? Perhaps...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a completely toxic and emotionally immature relationship. Whether than asking who was right or who was wrong......it's more the point that any relationship that dissolves into a shoving match is doomed.
  • xsophieanne
    xsophieanne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    this is called domestic violence... lol
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to reply, but I just can't sit on my hands any longer.

It. Is. NEVER. okay.

My best friend was almost killed last Christmas when her boyfriend grabbed a hold of her. He broke her nose, her jaw, shattered her eye socket, gave her a concussion, split her elbow open, pulled almost all her hair out, and broke her neck choking her. All while four other people were trying to pull him off. She had to have reconstructive face surgery, and now has permanent blurry vision and suffers from PTSD. He is now serving a 7 year prison term as a result of his actions.

It doesn't matter if a male hits a female, or a female hits a male, or any other combination. It is not okay.

Women, if you are being abused, leave. Don't wait for it to get worse. You grab your stuff and go.

Men, don't put up with it. If a woman can't respect you, leave the relationship.

It is not normal, and it is not okay.
  • x__chrissy__x
    Options
    I was just wondering,my friend was telling me that her boyfriend has a terrible temper and the other day when they were arguing, he pushed her really hard, she said she was coming towards him and that was his reaction. She was then sitting down and they were still arguing, he then came towards her and pushed her head.
    I personally don't think that's normal and wouldn't accept that behaviour but she seems to think that she provoked him and it was her fault. Meanwhile, their fight was about an ex girlfriend who sent him a package and now lives in the same country which he didn't mention to his girlfriend.

This all seems very strange to me, what do you think?

SURE its ok. She probably deserved it!!!

Really, this is even a question....you deserve dumb *kitten* answers!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    NO..!!
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    NO. This is only a path to greater problems.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Pushing is never okay in any relationship
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to reply, but I just can't sit on my hands any longer.

It. Is. NEVER. okay.

My best friend was almost killed last Christmas when her boyfriend grabbed a hold of her. He broke her nose, her jaw, shattered her eye socket, gave her a concussion, split her elbow open, pulled almost all her hair out, and broke her neck choking her. All while four other people were trying to pull him off. She had to have reconstructive face surgery, and now has permanent blurry vision and suffers from PTSD. He is now serving a 7 year prison term as a result of his actions.

It doesn't matter if a male hits a female, or a female hits a male, or any other combination. It is not okay.

Women, if you are being abused, leave. Don't wait for it to get worse. You grab your stuff and go.

Men, don't put up with it. If a woman can't respect you, leave the relationship.

It is not normal, and it is not okay.
    I wish your friend well and hope the years can help her recover from at least some of the damage. He deserves much longer than 7 years; that kind of savagery indicates to me someone who is not fit to be a member of society at all, ever.
  • ceceoplaymate
    ceceoplaymate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My biased opinion is F*&% no. Since I do work at a prosecuting office...
  • pepeleo
    pepeleo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No one has the right to push, reason,or excuse to push anybody. In no way is it her fault on how he reacted.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    no...NEVER ok!!! One push or hit, and my bags would be packed and I would be out the door...and wouldn't have to worry about him following me because he would be knocked the F out!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    She was just going to hug him she said

I don't buy that. Who goes in for the hug in the middle of an argument?

^^
    I can understand an immediate reflex when someone is coming at you, but pushing her head? To me, it's a red flag. If they've had serious arguments before that didn't result in this behavior, I'd town it down to a pink flag.

Anyone who can't control their anger enough they feel the need to lash out with something physical is a red flag, definitely. Although I do agree that if someone came towards me, man or woman, my initial reaction would be to push them away. If he pushed me again though, he'd have 1 hour to get his things out :)
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Really??? I teach my son and was taught that you do not lay a hand on any woman. Period!
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Never a really man would never lift a hand to a lady
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    God help the man that ever pushes or strikes one of my daughters. That is all.

Amen brother!!

Lay a hand on my daughter and there won't be anywhere you can hide.
This discussion has been closed.