Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I think it's bunk I would be pissed....
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone should start a Be Real thread, and actually be honest on looks..Ya think people would really be honest?!

I tried to be honest and I rated some girl a 6.8 (which isnt too bad at all imo) and she PM'd me the next day telling me how she finished off a bottle of wine and stared at herself in the mirror all night crying because of what i rated her. So yea the honesty part is highly overated on those threads. No wonder people lie to eachother.

Awwww that is sad, poor girl. But if ya go to those threads, you should know that someone may rate you a 3 and be prepared, in case. People should have enough confidence to realize that even if someone else doesn't find you that attractive, their are plenty of people that do.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone should start a Be Real thread, and actually be honest on looks..Ya think people would really be honest?!

I tried to be honest and I rated some girl a 6.8 (which isnt too bad at all imo) and she PM'd me the next day telling me how she finished off a bottle of wine and stared at herself in the mirror all night crying because of what i rated her. So yea the honesty part is highly overated on those threads. No wonder people lie to eachother.

Awwww that is sad, poor girl. But if ya go to those threads, you should know that someone may rate you a 3 and be prepared, in case. People should have enough confidence to realize that even if someone else doesn't find you that attractive, their are plenty of people that do.

That's a nice theory, except most people come to this site with their confidence a little broken, which is generally a big motivator for their trying to lose weight. Those threads serve a purpose in helping people to bring back their confidence. It's not about the realness of the rating system- its sort of just another form of support on this site. It's not my cup of tea- but a lot of people have fun and help boost their bruised egos with those threads.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

You're kidding me, right? :noway:

ETA: OP, if it bothers you, I hope you can talk to him about it. Tell him how you feel, and hopefully he won't continue posting in those threads.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how I feel about it. It matters how YOU feel about when YOUR husband is doing it.

If it makes you feel bad, talk to him about it. Every relationship/couple is going to be different. Even if everybody else thinks it is OK, your feelings in your own relationship shouldn't be discounted.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

That's a nice theory, except most people come to this site with their confidence a little broken, which is generally a big motivator for their trying to lose weight. Those threads serve a purpose in helping people to bring back their confidence. It's not about the realness of the rating system- its sort of just another form of support on this site. It's not my cup of tea- but a lot of people have fun and help boost their bruised egos with those threads.

• Sarauk2sf
    Options

You're kidding me, right? :noway:

ETA: OP, if it bothers you, I hope you can talk to him about it. Tell him how you feel, and hopefully he won't continue posting in those threads.

• Sarauk2sf
    Options
    It doesn't matter how I feel about it. It matters how YOU feel about when YOUR husband is doing it.

If it makes you feel bad, talk to him about it. Every relationship/couple is going to be different. Even if everybody else thinks it is OK, your feelings in your own relationship shouldn't be discounted.

• chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Honestly in these situations I turn it around.... If I posted in a ratings thread and he somehow saw it, and was pissed, I would consider that to be an unreasonable over-reaction, and a weird attempt to control everything I do.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How about ppl just start a thread where they rate themselves, better yet, like yourself enough and screw others opinions! :smile:

in a good way, not being mean

I give this idea a 3.6
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't see it as any different than the honey boo boo name generator I used on facebook awhile back. Means nothing. Harmless. Fun. Whatever.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You said your husband is hot. I say you post a picture and let us rate him.:bigsmile: You might be surprised.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    How about ppl just start a thread where they rate themselves, better yet, like yourself enough and screw others opinions! :smile:

in a good way, not being mean

I give this idea a 3.6

Edited to change from a 2 to a 2.5 as DavPul was pouty!
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For me, I would not be upset by it as long as he wasn't being flirtatious about it. For example, if he said something like "DA*N girl, you look good" or something like that then yeah i would be upset. But if he is just looking and posting a number then no that wouldn't upset me. My husband looks at other women (he tries to do it respectfully without me noticing but he fails every time lol) and sometimes i check out other men. We are all human, no need to get upset over it.
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Please say it ain't so.....LOL I'm sorry to laugh but honestly who cares that much? This is exactly why I don't ever comment in those "rate the person above you" threads because honestly WHO CARES what some stranger on the internet thinks about the way you look? The only thing that matters to me is how I think I look!
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    I think its inappropriate. I, myself, do not even post in those.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm married not dead, so yeh I look and so does my Husband. Hell we even point out hotties to each other. But thats as far as it goes.
    But I never 'rate' people. I know I'm no oil painting, as as such I would hate to be judged on looks alone. It's just shallow.
  • hollyxrawk
    Options
    its just a harmless matter. unless hes untrustworthy.
  • beccannes
    Options
    You said your husband is hot. I say you post a picture and let us rate him.:bigsmile: You might be surprised.

He is jesse1379 and in my opinion he is an 11:) I may be alittle biased though lol:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    It would only bother me if he rated me really low.