Over 200 Club New Year New Body Part 5

Options
167891012»

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    awestfall -- I promise I'm not ignoring you. I've had a really rough day (not health related) and I haven't had a chance to sit down to really think about how to answer the question but I promise I'll let you know what I'm doing as soon as I have a few spare minute (should be later tonight). :smile: But for now, I've gotta get my run in (which, I think, is a big part of my progress/success :wink:).
    Thanks Jbl!! Just chatting with you and knowing that you are here makes things much easier for me.You are a true inspiratn and I know it can be done because your doing it.I just need some ideas and a push.I feel like I am so close to giving up and saying to heck with it I will just face the fact and be fat for the rest of my life but in the back of my mind thats not what I want to do.My body keeps saying quit but my mind is pushing me to continue does that even make sense.By the way Jbl I hope your day gets better and its fine whenever you get a chance I would love some advice.:heart: Thanks in advance my friend:heart::flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    this week has been so bad for me I just feel so emotionally and physically drained. Between rough patch with BF, a sick 1yr old, and my friend's death I am really surprised that I havent jumped off the wagon.

here is my check in for today:
    2/6/10
    calories- over by 99...which kind of puts a damper on my plan to under eat today since I was going to eat/drink poorly during super bowl
    water- will get it all in by end of the night
    excercise- shoveled snow, that def made me sweat (we got over 2 feet)
    sodium 2300+
    proud- that i only drank one beer when normally I would have drank a lot more, and proud that I have stuck to my program overall

good night ladies!!

cris
    Cris- I know the feeling !! My friends wake is tomorrow and I am not sure I will even be able to go to pay my respects because of the weather here.Which makes me feel somewhat sad.I am an emotional rollercoaster this week and I just feel like giving up but I want this so badly.I want to lose at least 50 pounds before my birthday and I know in the back of my mind I can attain that goal but I am just so stressed and upset and I feel like my weight loss is going no where.Anyways I will quit rambling on and on just know that your not alone.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Ok gals I need some help here!!! I know everyone has different ideas on eating exercise calories.Some of you eat them and some of you don't I am not seeing results like I was before when I was losing big time (like you jbl) .So give me ideas on how you guys are losing 3-4 pounds a week.Are you eating exercise calories are you working out harder? What't the deal?I am trying to eat healthier and stay away from junk and exercise for at least an hour every night but I feel like I am stuck.I was down to 229 yesterday and I am back up to 235 this morning.I know I shouldn't obsess about the scales but I like weighing myself everyday to keep me accountable.So you gals that have been losing steadily each week give me some tips.(jbl,jenn,coloradogirl,momma,bluenote,etc) I want to get back to losing completely and not gaining and losing the same 5 or 6 pounds.HELP!!!I should say that MFP has me at 1370 calories a day without exercise cals

Well, you know my dilemma was that I was not eating all of my regular calories, let alone never my exercise ones. I stopped losing completely. I then made the leap of faith to eat all of my regular cals and (try to) all of my exercise cals. It took one month for my body to adjust to this - meaning I did not lose for one month while my body was getting out of starvation mode; actually, I gained during this time but I stuck to it. FINALLY it paid off and I started losing again. I also increased my exercise from four days to five days a week, no more than 60 mins per day.

I do know how you feel, awestfall. :cry: Those 6 weeks of not losing was the worst time of my life Every "body" is different, and you need to find what is not working for you and change that. This may take a while if you try different things, but remember - you may not see results quickly once you mix it up. All I can do is tell you what worked for me. I know you did stop overexercising, didn't you? By this I mean you cut back to 60 mins a day, right? How long has it been since you've done that?
  • bluenote
    Options
    awestfall - stress plays a HUGE part in weight loss, better yet, the lack thereof. I know that you and cris are really stressed right now - this could be hindering your numbers. :flowerforyou: Just a thought...

check in:

cals: about five cals under - going to get pizza with some friends - I have it planned out for three pieces
    water: will get there
    exercise: my old 40 bike routine plus after the pizza I am going to do 10 mins of rigorous bike! Woohoo!
    proud: I planned my day out food-wise early so that I can enjoy the pizza! I LOVE PIZZA!
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    check in:
    Cals: under but barely
    water: not enough...
    exercise: none unless you count chasing after 3 kids
    proud: that I didnt over eat when I took my kids out for lunch

I went and got the Iphone and the app for this site is awesome! I can check the cals in foods before I order! The only bad thing I have found is that I cant view our message board... and havent figured out how to complete my food diary for the day on there.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Alright bluenote -- I made my chili today. I made a double batch so I could take some to my friends' house for Superbowl eats. :smile: It's super good and I'm completely stuffed. Here's what I used:

# *Hunt's Tomato Sauce, no salt added, 4.25 cup (5 8oz cans)
    # *Kroger Kidney Beans Light Red, 1.75 cup (15.5oz can)
    # *Bush's Best Reduced Sodium - Dark Red Kidney Beans, 3.5 cup (2 15oz can)
    # *Black Beans Bush's Reduced Sodium, 1.75 cup (1 15oz can)
    # *Onion - Yellow - 1 med. (2 1/2 dia), 2 serving (so, that's 2 medium onions)
    # *Roma Tomato (1 medium - 148 Grams), 2 serving (about 300g roma tomato)
    # 93% Lean Ground Beef, 32 oz (2 pounds)
    # *McCormick 30% less sodium chili seasoning, 8 tbsp (2 packets)
    I also added cayenne, cumin, garlic, black pepper, all to taste. The more spices I add, the less I miss the salty taste.

Okay, so what I do (lazy) is brown the ground beef, chop the onions & add it to the beef. Meanwhile, open all your cans & drain the beans. Throw everything in a slowcooker and cook on low 6-7 hours (more or less will be just fine -- really the longer it goes, the better it tastes!).

The nutrition information below is assuming the double batch equals 16 servings. So, if you halved the ingredients (which I usually do), it serves 8. This is just a guestimate, but based on the level in my 6 quart slowcooker, I think a serving of my current batch is a little less than 1.5 cups. If you really wanted to be sure you were portioning correctly, you could weigh it all and then divide by 16, or however many servings you wanted to make. That's what I do most of the time but there's just too much chili this time to bother (sorry). As you can see, even just getting 8 or 12 servings out of the double batch would still be acceptable (calorie wise; but you may explode if you try to eat that much!).
    I added a pinch of salt to mine -- about 1/4th of .25tsp which is an extra 125mg of sodium. If you made it with reconstituted dry beans, you can get the sodium much lower. I was planning on using half dry, half canned but my dried beans had gone bad.
    I also added cheddar and sour cream to my bowl which increases the calories quite a bit (added 95 calories). :embarassed:
    But, anyway, YUM! :tongue:

Here's the nutrition per serving in the batch I made today:
    Calories 213.8
    Total Fat 4.2 g
    Saturated Fat 1.5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
    Cholesterol 32.5 mg
    Sodium 353.9 mg
    Potassium 281.8 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
    Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
    Sugars 7.3 g
    Protein 20.2 g
    Vitamin A 10.0 %
    Vitamin C 5.0 %
    Calcium 5.5 %
    Iron 16.1 %

ENJOY!
  • awestfall
    Options
    awestfall - stress plays a HUGE part in weight loss, better yet, the lack thereof. I know that you and cris are really stressed right now - this could be hindering your numbers. :flowerforyou: Just a thought...

check in:

cals: about five cals under - going to get pizza with some friends - I have it planned out for three pieces
    water: will get there
    exercise: my old 40 bike routine plus after the pizza I am going to do 10 mins of rigorous bike! Woohoo!
    proud: I planned my day out food-wise early so that I can enjoy the pizza! I LOVE PIZZA!
    Thanks Bluenote!! I am just worried that once I start eating my exercise calories I am going to gain big time.And yes I am only exercising 60 minutes a day so I guess I am going to try to eat my calories and exercise cals.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    jlb123 - oh how I love thee for thou's chili recipe! I shall endevor to do it justice this week with venison of course! You rock!:bigsmile: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • bluenote
    Options
    Thanks, jlb. Looks yummy and MUCH healthier than canned chili! When you wrote you made two batches, my heart skipped a beat because in my mind your next sentence was "and I am going to send you the second batch." LOL :laugh:

awestfall - remember that you probably WILL GAIN until your body readjusts. That was very hard for me, but I knew that in the long run it would pay off. Now, I know many on MFP who swear to not eat all of their calories. I really don't know if there is a set answer for everyone since all of our bodies are different! I just knew for me, I had to do something and eating the calories made the most sense. Good luck, my friend, and we are here for you! :drinker: :heart:

I did not overeat at the pizza parlor! Pizza parlor? Does anyone call it a Pizza Parlor anymore? LOL :tongue:
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Checking in!

Calories - way under, but since I've been over for the last two days I don't need to worry about going into starvation mode!
    Water - bad...
    Exercise - 90 minutes walking on the treadmill (just 4 miles).

Proud - today is my "endurance" day and I didn't want to do it! But I made myself go for the minimum of 90 minutes! I wasn't passing out or throwing up so I could keep on keeping on! I only walked between 2.8 - 3 mph but my goal was to be over 65% of my max heart rate for the 90 minutes which i managed to do!

We're reading the 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series... Yeah - no kids in the house so we're just dorks - not only that but I'm reading it out-loud at night to Ken (DH) and Beth (House-mate) while we drink wine and enjoy the fire. When I'm done reading (or near the end) Beth toasts a few marshmallows over the fire. While I was reading tonight Mrs. Fig (our black mastiff) was sleeping by the fire and in a weird turn of events - our older cat "Malcolm" decided that he would lick Figgy's ears (usually when she catches the cats they get their ears cleaned mostly against their will). It was cute/funny.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I cleaned out my closet yesterday. Oh boy was it a mess. I had to give a ton of clothes to the good will because........................... They were just too huge for me. Wow that felt good. I am usually giving away clothes cause they are too small. That felt really good.
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out my closet yesterday. Oh boy was it a mess. I had to give a ton of clothes to the good will because........................... They were just too huge for me. Wow that felt good. I am usually giving away clothes cause they are too small. That felt really good.

Congratulations!! That is good!
  • bluenote
    Options
    Good for you, momma! That must be a great feeling!
    mstahl - I LOVE that you read aloud by the fire! I wish someone read to me! My fondest memories of grade school were Sister Mary Catherine, my 4th grade teacher, reading to us. I remember sobbing at CHARLOTTE'S WEB. I oftentimes read to my students. The older kids grumble and grunt and I say, "Hush! Someday you will miss this!" :happy:

check in:

VERY HUNGRY TODAY, but stayed about 10 cals under my limit.
    water: perfect
    exercise: 40 bike + arm work
    proud: I stopped at ONE onion ring today at Red Robin! Plus I got LOTS of sleep for a change! :bigsmile:
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Thanks Bluenote :-D My husband and housemate both like to giggle when I miss-pronounce Greek or Latin words but will they take a turn reading? NO. :grumble: When Beth left for a Superbowl party she said "And DON'T finish the book without me!" - she's read it before...

I gave in to tradition today and made 'conductor's stew' - a lentil stew made with sausages, onion, garlic, tomatoes, carrots, and a bottle of beer... My husband's ex-wife made it every Superbowl weekend for years, and I made it for the first few years we were married. My husband shoveled the snow off of my parents roof today, and cleaned off all the cars, and trudged through the snow to check the horse water. Thus the stew. I put the polish sausage in our smoker and boy did that work nice! Then I used "real" pork sausage and added it to the lentils I cooked with lots of onions, garlic, tomatoes (canned chopped tomatoes) chopped fresh carrots and some fresh thyme. NOT HEALTHY. To top it off I toasted some of the homemade garlic rosemary bread Ken made and served it with the stew.

On the upside it was home cooked with quality ingredients - locally grown organic carrots, onions and garlic... yeah - I'm rationalizing it! :laugh: I only had a cup- it's the bread that kills me!

What does my husband say when I serve it? I forgot you started this tradition. Me- "No, this was started by Carolyn - I just kept making it for you". Him - Oh yeah... I remember when you made it at the cabin in Canada. Me "NO... that was Carolyn..." grrrrr:grumble:

So to check in!
    Calories - Over by a couple hundred (but way down yesterday)
    Water - still working on it
    Exercise- today is my recovery day - but I did do crunches

Proud - that I didn't kill my husband when he kept confusing me with his first wife... she's awesome but still!
  • awestfall
    Options
    well gals I am going to try eating my exercise calories but only half of them and see if this works for me.I appreciate everyones input but I don't expect to have any losses for a few weeks while my body readjusts to this.Wish me luck!! I am feeling kind of down today because my friends viewing was today and I was upset I didn't get to go but I am sure she is still with me in spirit.
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Check in:
    Calories: under but not by alot
    water: under but im still working on it
    exercise: does chasing after 3 kids count? or bench pressing my 18lb baby? lol none if the answer is no :laugh:
    proud: that i didnt give in and eat the icecream I really wanted

Why is it so hard for my to drink my water and watch my calories on the weekends? :grumble: Oh well, I already have my lunch ready for tomorrow and dinner planned out. I hope tomorrow is going to be a good day!
  • awestfall
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/80592-over-200-club-new-year-new-body-part-6
    New link to the new thread sorry its so late posting but I have had alot on my plate today.