Over 200 Club New Year New Body Part 5

Options
Here it is the new thread!!! Good luck girls and have a wonderful week!!!

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Bump! And I'm really hoping I get my week started strong with plenty of exercise tomorrow AM!

My goals for the week are to do the following every day for five days -

Exercise one hour (can be a few smaller amounts that add to 60 minutes)
    stretch out EVERY DAY after exercise:ohwell:
    Get seven hours of sleep:yawn:
    Eat nothing with corn syrup in it
    Eat two snacks a day:smile:
    Allow NO EXCUSES!:huh:
    Log everything!
    Report in here DAILY:bigsmile:
    Cut out Wine (sob) two days this week:cry:

I need to start stepping it up or I'm going t backslide! I can tell I"m at the end of my typical attention span for these kind of changes and will NOT let this be another "phase". This is going to stick!:angry:

Just sayin :tongue:
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site. I was wondering if I could join your thread?
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This weekend has been so busy i'm excited to be able to go back to my everyday walk/jogs and my regular eating lol.

So what day do you guys weigh in?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome tiger. You scared me for a minute -- you look just like my freshman year college roommate (who I didn't care for at all...). You're the right age & everything so, yeah. But you're not her (thank goodness!). :laugh:
    This is an AMAZING group of ladies. We weigh in on Fridays, mostly, but if you have another day you'd rather weigh, that's fine! We post our percentage lost & the biggest loser comes up with a challenge for us for the next week. This week we're watching our sodium intake (under 2000mg, right?) and we're not allowed to step on the scale until this Friday, and I feel like I'm leaving something out.

We also check in every day like this:
    Calories: 1210
    Exercise: none
    Water: 10 cups
    Proud: Went to hang out with a bunch of friends & kept it to 2 light beers, carrots, pretzel rods, and hummus while taking the tiniest bites of some of the things others brought (fruit and cheese, & bread -- wow what a challenge to my willpower) so I was able to stay within my calories even without exercising.

This week we're also reporting on sodium: I was over today by 171mg
    and about the scale: I did not peek today

If reporting anything to us makes you uncomfortable, don't do it! :smile: I usually type specifics but others will check in generally with words like "over" or "under" or "on target" or whatever. Just do what makes you feel comfortable.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    mstahl: you have gone above and beyond with keeping track of everyone. Very impressive. Sounds like a little piece of paradise that you can get away to. When you have an extra few dollars get yourself a pair of snowshoes. Trudging around in the snow is more enjoyable if you aren't sinking two feet every time you take a step. You must not have been in too deep getting in 4 miles, or else you have stamina of steel. We had deer steak for dinner mmm. The other thing I make is deer roast. I would like some new ideas, what are your favorite recipes?

Calories: close 1170
    Water: under
    Exercise: no
    Proud: Friends brought by homemade peanut butter cookies that were amazing. I only had one, thought about two, but stuck to one.
    Sodium: 1807

Wishing everyone a positive and productive week.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to start Yoga, she wants to make sure you all know "she is NOT fat" 16 yo.:huh:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I am new to this site. I was wondering if I could join your thread?

Welcome!!!!
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Will be back on track tomorrow! today didn't turn as well as I thought that it would.:sad:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to start Yoga, she wants to make sure you all know "she is NOT fat" 16 yo.:huh:

I promise not to think she is fat :wink: Take the time to reminder her, that even when a person is not fat, exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle! :laugh:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I didn't blow it at my friend's birthday dinner! I am so proud of myself! I did eat the entire (ahem, big) piece of cake, though, and I was planning on only half. But I had enough cals for it and it was sooo good - coconut with a raspberry filling! I like to call it the "Zinger" cake. Remember Zingers? LOL I used to LOVE them!

Welcome, newbies. You'll love it here. :flowerforyou:

Welcome back, mstahl. Hoping you found your inner Hogwart this weekend. :happy:
    Welcome back, Lisa. I love that you called the church a little cowboy church! :tongue:
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try to remember to post in the evenings!

I guess I need to tell a little about myself. I just turned 25 in Jan. I have 3 wonderful kids(William 5 in March, Olivia 3, and Zach almost 8 months.) The older two are not biologically mine but have been with me and their daddy for over 2 yrs. Im the only mother they know and I love them to death! I work full time and then come home and take care of them and the house. My honey works construction and works long hours so I dont get much time to spend with him.

Im wanting to lose weight so I will have more energy so I can have more play time with my kids.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks mstahl! You keep it up too.

So hey everyone, hope everyones doing well today. I am not feeling so good about yesterday, so let me check in:

1-31-10

Calories: Way over, by around 500 :explode:
    Water: a little under
    Exercise: none :sad:

Proud: I logged all my calories even though I didnt want to...its good enocouragements not to do it again just writing it down. I hope I can stick it out and do well this week! So far I havent peaked at the scale again! Though I'm glad I did on saturday. :love: Okay I'll check in later. Going to try and do some exercise today! See you girls later!

Tiger: you have come to the right place. Diet and exercise seem relatively easy to do once you get the hang of it, but if you ever hit a snag what makes MFP the best is you can just hop on the forums for any kind of support and advice you need to keep yourself going. If it werent for everyone here I'd probably have already quit by now. You can do it! We can do it!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Bluenote- Way to go on not blowing it!!! If you had enough calories for the big slice of cake, then eh...go ahead! One thing I have tried to remind myself is that I cant be rigid to the point where I hate doing this . Its about making better choices and still being able to enjoy a treat now and then. If we couldnt treat ourselves every once in awhile I would have so quit by now!

Momma- haha on your 16 yr old's comment! We def dont think shes fat

Well my weekend was rough! The fight with the BF continued from the week into the weekend and when I came home from work Friday he had packed a bag and left. Needless to say, I was a mess all night Friday and all morning Saturday until he came home (he stayed at his mom's i found out later). We talked, and it went really well. I explained to him that I kind of felt resentment towards him that ever since i had the baby my entire life changed and yet he still led the same lifestyule. I said I needed more help around the house and with the baby so i could do stuff for myself and not just for them and he agreed. Over all it was a great talk and a lot of emotions were shared that we didnt know we were feeling towards each other. I love him so much and I will marry him some day. I dont ever want to spend a night without him again.

Then Satruday and Sunday the baby was sick- we took him out into the snow and he face planted into the snow. It was hilarious at the time but he got sick immediatly. Fever, runny nose, lethargic. This equals sleepless nights for me becasue he cant sleep well when hes sick and wakes up every few hours or so.

Sunday night I got a call from a one of my friend letting me know that close friend of ours had killed herself. She left behing a 1yr old and a 5yr old, and a loving husband. She seemingly everything going for her. Right now I am still in shock and almost kind of angry at her for doing this to her little girls and husband. That poor family has been destroyed. I spent so much of my college days with this girl its so sad to know I will never see hr again. Please pray for her family

I am so proud that I did not eat my feelings. My biggest problem has always been eating my feelings and this weekend sure gave me a run for it, but I stayed within my calories everyday. I didnt excercise, but I dont feel bad about it. I will make it up this week.

Thanks for listening!

Cris
  • cris20056
    Options
    SORRY ABOUT ALL THE TYPOS! KIND OF TIRED THIS MORNING!! :embarassed: :blushing: :sad:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    One of my very close friends was shot to death by her husband last night .She left behind 2 beautiful daughters and she was just in her 30's.I don't know what exactly happened but I do know she will be deeply missed .Its just really a bad day for me and I hope it gets better this week.Again keep this family in your thoughts and prayers especially her 2 little girls who now have no mommy in this world.My heart is broken!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: TOM is here too and this doesn't help my emotions.I am frozen with pain in my heart!!I know I will get through this and I know she is with my Precious Lord and Saviour and she is much happier now but it still doesn't make it any easier for the ones who love her here on earth.
  • cris20056
    Options
    One of my very close friends was shot to death by her husband last night .She left behind 2 beautiful daughters and she was just in her 30's.I don't know what exactly happened but I do know she will be deeply missed .Its just really a bad day for me and I hope it gets better this week.Again keep this family in your thoughts and prayers especially her 2 little girls who now have no mommy in this world.My heart is broken!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: TOM is here too and this doesn't help my emotions.I am frozen with pain in my heart!!I know I will get through this and I know she is with my Precious Lord and Saviour and she is much happier now but it still doesn't make it any easier for the ones who love her here on earth.

I'm sorry for your loss, I will keep her and her daughters in my prayer. What an awful weekend for both of us :sad: :brokenheart:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry cris20056 and awestfall to hear about the recent losses in your lives. What terrible situations. I will be thinking of you and those families.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning:

First I want to say my heart goes out to Cris and awestfall, as well as the families of their friends during this tragic time. What a terrible weekend!

Rororosie: Thanks for the words of encouragement! I do love singing though I'm not sure how good I am. I just have so much fun doing it .... and sober, even!

lstpaul: I love the new profile pic! He's sooo adorable.

awestfall: I like the new challenge and will try to obey the rule about not weighing until Friday, with the exception of my Biggest Loser weigh-in this evening. I love the sodium challenge, as too much sodium is the reason I'm up a bit this morning (sorry, weighed myself when I got up). Sodium affects my weight more than exercising :-(

Jlb: You're kicking serious butt on the C25K program. I need to get motivated to jump back into it. I haven't done a C25K workout in two weeks and I'm supposed to be starting Week 7. Hopefully tomorrow!! Keep up the phenomenal work!

llowry: I love cowboy weddings! I hope you had a wonderful time. Congrats to your son!

Now for the nitty gritty; here's an overview of my weekend:
    Calories: Stayed under all weekend
    Water: Terrible!
    Sleep: Great!
    Exercise: Shopping and snowshoeing. We participated in a moonlit snowshoe event at Wild River State Park which was awesome. It was great to see how many people were there and the full moon was gorgeous with the mostly clear skies. The temp was about 15 degrees and there was no wind so it was extremely pleasant. There was also a HUGE bonfire to warm up by afterwards. We burned 614 calories in 1.5 hours, which was low because my boyfriend's son moved a bit slowly (he's 6).
    Proud: I bought some high heeled black boots that zip to my mid-calf and was able to zip them all the way! They're going to look really hot as I get closer to my goal weight, but even right now they work. Now I have to find a cute skirt to go with them.

Have a good day!
    Heather
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in for the weekend:
    calories: didn't manage to keep up my good streak of staying under my calories ... but didn't do too badly for have 2 birthday parties on Saturday - was over about the amount of 1 piece of cake. Sunday I made the mistake of not eating enough all day so I was ravenous for supper time and made some really bad choices (chips and french fries)- but didn't go over my calories by much.

exercise: good, did an hour at the Y on Saturday for 1000 calories with step class, and managed to sneak in 45 minutes of body pump at the Y in the middle of an all day swim meet Sunday. Unfortunately I mis-timed getting back for my son's 3rd race and missed it be about 3 minutes! :mad: But I was still glad I got the exercise in.

water: good on Saturday, not so good on Sunday

proud: packing a workout and shower bag for the swim meet and making sure I left and got in some exercise yesterday instead of sitting there all day

this week's challenge: I haven't looked at the scale, I've gone over on sodium but now that I've added it to my food tracking I will try to get a better handle on it

Have a good day all!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Bluenote- Way to go on not blowing it!!! If you had enough calories for the big slice of cake, then eh...go ahead! One thing I have tried to remind myself is that I cant be rigid to the point where I hate doing this . Its about making better choices and still being able to enjoy a treat now and then. If we couldnt treat ourselves every once in awhile I would have so quit by now!

Momma- haha on your 16 yr old's comment! We def dont think shes fat

Well my weekend was rough! The fight with the BF continued from the week into the weekend and when I came home from work Friday he had packed a bag and left. Needless to say, I was a mess all night Friday and all morning Saturday until he came home (he stayed at his mom's i found out later). We talked, and it went really well. I explained to him that I kind of felt resentment towards him that ever since i had the baby my entire life changed and yet he still led the same lifestyule. I said I needed more help around the house and with the baby so i could do stuff for myself and not just for them and he agreed. Over all it was a great talk and a lot of emotions were shared that we didnt know we were feeling towards each other. I love him so much and I will marry him some day. I dont ever want to spend a night without him again.

Then Satruday and Sunday the baby was sick- we took him out into the snow and he face planted into the snow. It was hilarious at the time but he got sick immediatly. Fever, runny nose, lethargic. This equals sleepless nights for me becasue he cant sleep well when hes sick and wakes up every few hours or so.

Sunday night I got a call from a one of my friend letting me know that close friend of ours had killed herself. She left behing a 1yr old and a 5yr old, and a loving husband. She seemingly everything going for her. Right now I am still in shock and almost kind of angry at her for doing this to her little girls and husband. That poor family has been destroyed. I spent so much of my college days with this girl its so sad to know I will never see hr again. Please pray for her family

I am so proud that I did not eat my feelings. My biggest problem has always been eating my feelings and this weekend sure gave me a run for it, but I stayed within my calories everyday. I didnt excercise, but I dont feel bad about it. I will make it up this week.

Thanks for listening!

Cris
    So sorry to hear about your loss too Cris!!! I will definitely keep your friends family and you in my thoughts and prayers.It is so rough when you lose someone close to you and if you need someone to talk to I would be glad to listen.I know our situations of loss are different but not different in the fact that they are now gone.GOD BLESS!!