What have you NEVER done because you were overweight ?

Options
...that you're looking forward to doing? One thing I've never done is wear single digit pants. The smallest size I ever remember getting I was a preteen and I was a 12/14. I'd love to someday be able to wear a 9. Just to be able to say I broke out of plus sizes for the first time ever.

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have never done more than one chin up...I'd get one on the jump but starting from the bottom arms locked I have never done. That is going to change.
  • dnhardy
    Options
    I look forward to getting out of the pool and not immediately feeling like I have to wrap a towel around me.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I want to run. I can go like 20 steps before my body screams in pain.
  • lozadee
    lozadee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Liked myself
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Worn a bikini.

Run 5k.

Both of which I am hoping to do one day.
  • Romes08
    Romes08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Went dacing and felt confident!
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    @lozadee That's so sad. You should like something about yourself even if you are overweight.

I have never been carried around by a guy. I want a guy to pick me up and carry me to the bedroom and lay me down gently. I figure I have about 100 pounds to go unless Paul Bunyan is available!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing a lot of things I enjoyed like scuba and skiing; but I don't think there are "any never done before" due to weight.... maybe shop at a banana republic or a boutique. By the time I was old enough to afford it I was too fat to walk in the stores without getting the we don't carry your size look.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I look forward to getting out of the pool and not immediately feeling like I have to wrap a towel around me.

This!
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wear a bikini
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... nude beach :)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I've shopped at plus size stores since I was about 13(14 years ago). It's still a while off but I am so looking forward to being able to buy clothes from any store in the mall, not just one. No more trying to find something cute amongst racks of large flower print dresses and blazers with shoulder pads.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Haven't worn single digits since before the dawn of time.

Haven't worn a bikini since my age was in the single digits.

Haven't worn anything more than an inch above the knee in public.

Haven't bought/ worn the "sexy" bra and panty sets that can't handle my DD's.

Oh, there are so many more.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    POLE DANCE..... In a Bikini....:drinker:
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I stopped climbing...couldn't fit in my harness and the fat gets in the way with some moves. I'm thinking another 20 lbs and I can start that up again :happy:
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love the paul bunton quote...When my husband picks me up i am always scared he is going to hurt himself.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    9 might actually be smaller than 8 because odd digits are found in junior sizing, while even numbers are for misses/ women's.

I had never worn a two-piece bathing suit (tankinis don't count) until last summer!

Haven't gone hang gliding, and being obese was one of the reasons. I am determined to try it some time next year.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    wear a bikini, til recently
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Worn a bikini.

Run 5k.

Both of which I am hoping to do one day.

Exactly my answers.
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    2 chicks at the same time