What have you NEVER done because you were overweight ?

Options

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Worn a bathing suit without a skirt, get on a roller coaster without fear the bar won't latch, shop in a non-plus size store
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I had never worn a bikini until I was 25.

Now I have a whole drawer of them and I live in them in the Summer. Also, I generally have to be coaxed into clothes like a 2 yr. old. I don't wear them at home, I barely wear them at the gym, and I begrudgingly wear them out and about. I'm thinking of moving some place tropical.

I was never able to do the rope climb in gym class. My sadistic gym teacher made me try every week. I was the awkward little chubby kid with my feet glued to that stupid knot at the bottom-- not moving up an inch. The first time I climbed a rope as an adult I shouted with glee... In your face grade school gym class.

I was never able to do a pull up. Okay, so now I'm kinda okay this one, but I want to be able to do 10 at a time.
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not be the biggest girl in the group picture, I cannot wait to not try to hid behind the other girls
  • mattysmom
    Options
    Take pictures with my kids. I don't have any of us together because I never wanted to be in the picture.

This to, I only have face shots
  • mattysmom
    Options
    Most of my goals circle around fun in the bed with my husband :blushing:

I love this one!
  • lolo641
    lolo641 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Skydiving , bungie jumping ,running a long distance, I was in New Zealand a year ago , and thought then ,I would love to go sky diving or climb one of those mountains.But never did.. I feel like I keep missing my chances. Nov.2013 my husband and I are going on a big cruise(for our 25th) and would LOVE to do some of the things I have mentioned .That gives me 9 months to get healthy and fit (70lbs off) Hopefully I can do it !!!!! No, I will do it ...
  • aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wear a bikini

YEP!
  • Joyella31
    Joyella31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have never LIVED! I allowed my weight to keep me from enjoying life. I want to travel, shop in stores that don't say plus size, try bunjee jumping, learn how to roller skate and swim, and to finally be healthy.
  • AmyMadeUp
    Options
    Walk into a high street shop and have to bypass the clothes to look at shoes and jewellery! I'd love to fit into some of the clothes my my girlfriends like to wear!!

Follow my MFP journey on my blog for weekly updates, tips and more!

Good luck everyone! This will be best thing we have ever done!!

Amy xx

www.amymadeup.wordpress.com
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wear a bikini at the beach
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    Yep, I have never worn a bikini ever, nor have I worn a vest with or without straps outside, only t shirts!
    I hope this will change summer 13!
  • levelheadedgirl
    Options
    I want feel confident instead of ashamed being naked in front of my husband. I know he loves me just as I am but I want to be better, for him.

Wear a bikini.

Run a marathon.
  • s07civic
    s07civic Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Taken my shirt off in front of certain friends.
  • mamalizpdx
    Options
    I have never taken a really great uphill trail for a walk.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The one and only time I dared to wear a bikini to the beach I got chased out of the water by a crocodile so I'm thinking it wasn't meant to be, then or now. Or ever.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Worn a bikini.
    Worn single digit pants/dresses.
    Felt confident wearing shorts (I wear them, but don't enjoy it. Starting to though!!)
    Felt confident/sexy getting dressed/undressed infront of my boyfriend.

I won't be able to get into that bikini this summer, but I will next. I'm currently in a size 10 jean!! I am starting to like the way my legs are looking and they are leaning out little by little (minus my thunder thighs). I'm starting to finally hear my boyfriend when he tells me I'm perfect the way I am and he loves me and my body no matter what (however, I'm a firm believer there is always room for improvement so...). I'm almost there :-)
  • dsbanks1
    dsbanks1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Run - I can't run more than a few steps
    Wear - regular size clothes Even as a kid I remember wearing a size 6X (the girls X sizes were equivalent to boys husky sizes)

I am beginning my weight loss and health journey again and I can't wait to tell Victoria my Secret! I don't care if I get to single digits I just don't want, plus or X in the size. LOL
  • SKJ98
    SKJ98 Posts: 25
    Options
    I've never walked around and thought I looked great in what I was wearing. I'd love to put on clothes and think I look fantastic :)
  • biancaluna
    Options
    wear really tiny shorts, not like knee length ones. And of course BIKINI!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Be carried to bed or across the threshold.
    Wear shorts.
    Show my arms in a tank top.