What have you NEVER done because you were overweight ?

Options

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I look forward to getting out of the pool and not immediately feeling like I have to wrap a towel around me.

This. I hate swimming pools.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Worn a bikini.

Run 5k.

Both of which I am hoping to do one day.

This is pretty much what I was going to say. I have worn bikini's (not at my heaviest though) but never felt good in one so I'm looking forward to that. And the past few months I started running for the first time ever and am getting pretty close to being able to do a 5k! Can't wait for both!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to wearing an 8, I am in a 10 right now and I am SO close to an 8!

When I went to Cabo san Lucas a few years ago, I was not at my biggest but I was not comfortable with my weight (I was in about a size 14 and had a 4 month old baby, too...) so I felt just uncomfortable the entire time we were there. In a month my family and i are taking a trip to the Bahamas and I am actually really looking forward to wearing a bathing suit, running around in the water, and for once not feeling self conscious!!! :)
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Run for more than a couple mins at a time.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have not run actively since highscool, and now even though I speedwalked a 5k last spring, my goal is to get to the point I can run a 5k in 30 mins by next spring/summer and then improve from there.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I want to wear my shirt tucked in my pants.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    hahaha, an honest guy! ;)
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I had never run a mile without stopping, not once in my whole life -- and then about two weeks ago I did. So all you people who are going 'I can't run for a minute'... I started a C25k (Ease into 5k) in mid-September and I was completely puffed out after the 60 second runs in the first week. And now I can run for 30 minutes without stopping. I can't run a 5k without some walking yet, but run/walk? Sure.

Meanwhile, I have never, since being an adult, knowingly worn a sleeveless dress in public.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I want to wear single digit sizes for the first time. Wear a bathing suit as an adult. Let my husband pick me up. Be a runner.

What I've done with 90lbs lost: Fit into roller coasters, made my first Victoria Secret purchase ( worked for limited brands for 5yrs)
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I look forward to getting out of the pool and not immediately feeling like I have to wrap a towel around me.

This, definitely. And it's a ***** trying to find board shorts that fit plus sizes. (Irony?!)

Also... fly overseas. Have avoided flying as much as possible because spilling over the seats like a sausage bursting out of it's skin is unattractive and seriously uncomfortable. I don't want to be the person on the plane who makes everyone go "OHHHH ****, please don't sit next to me, please don't sit next to me..."

And... be *naked*. Properly naked, while getting busy. Have always worn something - a singlet or whatever, because I was so self-conscious, ashamed.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    @lozadee That's so sad. You should like something about yourself even if you are overweight.

I have never been carried around by a guy. I want a guy to pick me up and carry me to the bedroom and lay me down gently. I figure I have about 100 pounds to go unless Paul Bunyan is available!

I want to be carried too!!

You know honestly, a lot of guys are intimidated by this. It's not that they don't want to. I actually had a guy drop me before, while carrying me on the beach . It was when I was very thin. I was embarassed because I thought I was fat. He was embarassed because he thought he wasn't strong enough. A lot of times men don't attempt it because of their own self doubt and it has nothing to do with the lady's size.

Wussies.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've never ridden a horse, and I'd love to - the only time I tried, I was 15, and the people at the farm told me their ponies had a max weight limit of 130 - and I weighed 150. :cry:

I'd like to wear a bathing suit that doesn't have a skirt to hide my ENORMOUS thighs (seriously, the circumference of one of my thighs is roughly the same as a 'normal' person's waist).

I want to be comfortable while flying, and not have to ask for the seat-belt extender.

Wear a skirt that's actually ABOVE the knees.

Actually DATE again.
  • Dabberdoll
    Options
    wear a two piece,
  • velmaisvelma
    velmaisvelma Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I want to run. I can go like 20 steps before my body screams in pain.

Same here. I also want to be able to shop at Victoria's Secret and Look GOOD in what I purchase!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Wear some Agent Provocateur and look good... and I will if they make stuff in bigger than a C cup.

Wear sleeveless/halter/one shoulder dresses.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

this one.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Flirt with someone without thinking that they don't really mean it, they're just drunk, cos they wouldn't fancy me if they were sober!
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I live in Utah. I'm within an hour of several wonderful ski resorts. I have never gone in my life.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've shopped at plus size stores since I was about 13(14 years ago). It's still a while off but I am so looking forward to being able to buy clothes from any store in the mall, not just one. No more trying to find something cute amongst racks of large flower print dresses and blazers with shoulder pads.

Agreed! Well said!
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wear a dress above the knee