Black Team Challenge Week 5:

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Wow, I sure missed alot on the boards this weekend. I was checking in to log my food and exercise, but really only had time to say hello. Im still around, still here everyday, but little time lately:ohwell:

I spent Friday night and Saturday shopping for Alex, I cant believe he is so difficult! He is so particular about his clothes, his hair, ugh. I remember (and miss) the days when he really didnt care lol. Now he is 15 and if it isnt right, well its just the end of the world:grumble: But, we finally managed to get his pictures done yesterday, and they turned out great! I guess the running and grumbling all weekend was worth it:heart:

Today I have the grocery shopping to do that I have been putting off for a week. I managed to get away with just picking up a few things here and there. Gotta do it. It seems we are out of everything now. So, Im sure I will have alot of fun today:noway:

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

The worst thing is when I get like this, a craving for something, I tend to keep eating stuff I shouldn't to satisfy it, I never satisfy it and in the long run I would have been better off just eating what I was craving in the first place!

Good way to put it in words........a hankering for nothing! OMG that was me yesterday. I think after 2 wks of being sick my body wanted something, but nothing hit the spot. I tried....when I craved sweet I ate yogurt, when I thought it was salt I ate pistachio nuts...........Kelly finally said EAT the icecream mom!!! I bought those 1/2 cup good icecream cups and had one......I then stopped eating! WOOT!

IDK it is hard to know what our engines are looking for. There is no "engine" light, ya know??? :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Morning team!

Roni- you aren't blond anymore! I like the brunette look! I just glanced at the pic and started reading and then was like, 'Wait, who is this?!' Like the AV.

Jeannie- probably smart move on the ice cream, just do it and be done, when you need it, you need it. I had a sweet craving that I never really filled yesterday. The grapefruit didn't help, a bowl of yogurt didn't help, I finally just went to bed.

Pizza is not a good meal choice for me. What I can/should have calorie wise is not really enough food. I'm still starved when I'm done eating my ration. I would actually prefer chicken, sweet potato and a vege. It's more filling, less fat and sodium and I'm not stalking the cupboards for something else when I'm done.

Recessed lighting is done. I love it! So, so very happy! My kitchen has light. DH is awesome.
    DSC_0471.jpg?t=1265632443
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Andrew & Beth - I am so proud of you!!! :heart: I hope you can share the clip with us once it is out there!

Marla - I think we can all share that Mother of the Year trophy. You know my stories. Electrical outlets included! Sounds like you had some great fun for the Super Bowl!

Roni - I love your hair dark! It looks beautious! :love:

Lori PA - (yes, you are Lori Pennsylvania now)...Love that pic of Harley & I agree with her, too. Snow is bleck. :noway:

Shuntae - YOWZERS that's a lot of snow! :noway: ...and now I want spaghetti with meatballs. :laugh:

Bobbi - So glad the power is back on. That is a horrible feeling in the winter.

Kati - WOOHOO on the biking!!! *highfive* Hope E feels better this morning. Dang Colts :grumble:

Lori FL - (and yes, you are Lori Florida now)...Drilling holes in the ceiling is 18 different levels of un-fun! :noway: We had to fix our ceiling when I was pregnant with Micah. I've never seen so much dust & destruction in my life!

Tammy- Woot! WTG on the 25 minute run! *highfive* Isn't that one of the best feelings?! You rock!

Tamara - Glad to see you back! Hope you had a great night with friends!

Howdy everybody else! Have a great Monday! :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Morning team!

Roni- you aren't blond anymore! I like the brunette look! I just glanced at the pic and started reading and then was like, 'Wait, who is this?!' Like the AV.

Jeannie- probably smart move on the ice cream, just do it and be done, when you need it, you need it. I had a sweet craving that I never really filled yesterday. The grapefruit didn't help, a bowl of yogurt didn't help, I finally just went to bed.

Pizza is not a good meal choice for me. What I can/should have calorie wise is not really enough food. I'm still starved when I'm done eating my ration. I would actually prefer chicken, sweet potato and a vege. It's more filling, less fat and sodium and I'm not stalking the cupboards for something else when I'm done.

Recessed lighting is done. I love it! So, so very happy! My kitchen has light. DH is awesome.
    []http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/lorieckel/DSC_0471.jpg?t=1265632443[/img]

I love your kitchen! :love: WTG, Lori's hubby!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I hope you all had a good weekend and that the snow has finally stopped. It looks like we have more snow coming to the UK, how many bets that it all grinds to a halt again?? :noway:

Just finished my 30 day shred and at the moment my claves aren't killing me ( I could hardly walk yesterday, stairs were so much fun:grumble: ), and have had a big bowl of salad for lunch. Would like to walk to school this pm, but the doctors have just rung and John has an asthma review at 4pm, so not sure if we could walk home and then get to the docs in time :huh:

Lori - I love your kitchen and well done to hubs

Marla - good luck with the juice diet today

Roni - I love the new hair, really nice

Jeannie - well done on stopping eating when you had had 1. I would probably just have the tub with a spoon, thats why I don't have any in the house

Andrew and Beth - well done on the interview and the photos it sounds like you had a blast

Howdy to everyone else, I will check back later (have nappies to change - joys of tyhe job!! :laugh: )
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Lori I love your kitchen. Lights look great........... my poor hubby is going to hate you :flowerforyou:

When we put in our cabinets(and by we I mean he) I told him I wanted the drop down of 1 foot knocked out and the cabs going all the way to the ceiling. What he didnt tell me is that under that silly thing was the ATTIC....they didnt finish it and then build that in!!

So he tears at the 1st part..............I am looking up, watching......................all of the sudden all the attic insulation comes flying down on our heads...........I run screaming........blech, barf,,,,,,,,,,,,,get it offa me!! He is:laugh: :laugh: and doubled over!!

:angry: He didnt get lunch that day:angry:

I get to be the asst to each and ever task he takes on, and he doesnt think it thru before hand. I am a planner, he is tear it down and then fix it man!!
    :love: love at first sight.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Lori I love your kitchen. Lights look great........... my poor hubby is going to hate you :flowerforyou:

I get to be the asst to each and ever task he takes on, and he doesnt think it thru before hand. I am a planner, he is tear it down and then fix it man!!

Lori - i love your kitchen too - looks great...

Jeannie - I have a tear it down guy, but he is slow on the fix it.. :grumble: :grumble:

this is why you will never see pictures of my house online..:laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Jeannie - I have a tear it down guy, but he is slow on the fix it.. :grumble: :grumble:

Janie darling, I only show the finished part!! DH loves to do 90% and 10 years later we are still missing a tile in the kitchen!! :wink:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning black team!

lori- love your kitchen! the lights look great!

i hope everyone had a good weekend. after sitting down and talking about getting healthy and making better food choices and all that good stuff, we ended up getting some pizza and hot wings and beer for the superbowl!:noway: of course i ate and drank too much and my stomach was letting me know what a mistake that was :sick: i was still full when i woke up this morning, but instead of skipping breakfast like i used to when i felt that way, i ate my oatmeal and headed to the Y. got a great workout, and now i feel back to normal. not exactly sure how many calories i burned today, cause in all the mad rush to get our place spotless yesterday i seem to have "put away" my HRM. now i have no idea where it is. :grumble: oh well, i'm sure it'll turn up somewhere. have a great day everyone!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all...Still typing from the weekend and no time to read now. Will catch up later. Have a great day!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Janie-- me, too-- I'm here grumbling all morning because I'm having kids over for a birthday party, and my kitchen floor is still not done-- after two months.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Bobbi - so glad you are OK. Cold is not fun - and no power is very scary. Glad you had a place to stay and that you are back in business at your own home now.

Thank you Janie. Tomorrow morning we become the proud owners of a new kerosene heater. Not catching me totally off guard again. Just in time for the next front to move through. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Lori...:heart: the lighting. High Fives for your hubby !!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Do I dare grumble about the 6-10 inches of snow we're supposed to get?

As predicted, it was a short night. I have a killer headache. I'm guessing it's a lack of sleep headache. Or it's dehydration. Took the day off. E is still not feeling well. Poor thing.

Got on quick to log my food. Having leftover homemade pizza for lunch. I'm okay for calories but sodium'll hurt.

And, i must confess that I have failed miserably on this week's challenge. :embarassed:

Roni - love the new AV. LoriFL - love the kitchen. LoriPA - Harley's gotten so big. What a cutie pie!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Thanks on the kitchen compliments. Hubs is still itching for granite counters, a new backsplash and stainless steel appliances. Really, all I want is a new light over the kitchen table and I found the one I want at Lowes for $40. Sure the counters and the new backsplash would be nice, but I see no reason to ditch our perfectly good working appliances. I don't get that one at all. Ok, the dishwasher has some issues, like wheels falling off all the time and with an open concept house it's really loud, but it does work. I would be happy just buying a new/ quiet one of them to match what we already have.

I had a quick workout today, I only had an hour since I had a dental appointment so I stuck to cardio. 700 calories. Bam!

After my workout I hit the shower quick at the gym. A girl I've seen in there for the last 6 months or so was getting ready at the same time. She asked me how much weight I've lost. Well.... since she's been coming in, really none. She looked at me like I was nuts. She told me I looked terrific and she could tell the difference in me. She said that she's watched me workout and I work so much harder than she does.

Crazy. Those types of words from strangers mean a lot. Not that I don't believe my family and friends, but a perfect stranger doesn't have to say that!

Also, after my run I was complaining to a friend about my chaffed arms, they were healing, but now they are sore again. It is on the underside, so as I was showing her, I sort of put my arm in a flex positon and her eyes got all big and she goes "Look at those guns!" The old me would have made a comment and pointed out the bat wings or some other flaw I see when I look in the mirror. The new and improved (yes I'm still working on it) me smiled and flexed for real. :laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just have a quick minute before I start dinner.

Lori-- I LOVE your kitchen!! It looks amazing:love:

Beth-- Hope you find the HRM!! I would be sooo lost without mine.

Ok well I wanted to say more but I have a teenager standing over me needing the computer so I guess Im done for now:ohwell:

Thanks you all for the compliments on my hair. I really wanted a change and something FUN and I have to say Im loving it:love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hi all, just have a quick minute before I start dinner.

Lori-- I LOVE your kitchen!! It looks amazing:love:

Beth-- Hope you find the HRM!! I would be sooo lost without mine.

Ok well I wanted to say more but I have a teenager standing over me needing the computer so I guess Im done for now:ohwell:

Thanks you all for the compliments on my hair. I really wanted a change and something FUN and I have to say Im loving it:love:

Hot momma!! Your looking good!! 141 pounds??? that is more than I WEIGH now!! WOOT!!!!!!:love:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Evening all...Had a very busy today trying to get hubby ready for knee surgery on Wednesday. I am just now getting my shred DVD done. Will try to say hello tomorrow. Sleep well:yawn:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    HEY EVERYONE, CAN I TRUELY SAY I HATE THE SNOW!!!

I WENT TO GYM THIS MORNING... BURNED 477 CALORIES ATE GOOD ALL DAY AND THE RAISIN BRAN CRUCH WAS CALLING MY NAME SO I ATE LIKE 4 OR 5 CUPS OF IT....ARE YOU SERIOUS....THAT A LOT OF CALORIES...WENT OUT TO EAT WITH SOME FRIENDS AT GOOD OLE CRACKER BARREL...PASSED ON THE BISCUITS AND PECAN PANCAKES...

WENT TO THE GYM AGAIN BURNED 853 MORE CALORIES...DRANK LOTS OF WATER TODAY!!!!

STAYED UNDER CALORIES SINCE I BURNED 1300 AT THE GYM...I AM MAD AT MYSELF FOR EAT THAT MUCH....BUT I GUESS I CAN APPLAUDE MYSELF FOR GOING BACK TO THE GYM AND BURNING MORE CAOIRES TO OFF SET IT..

I GO TO THE GYM IT HAS JUST STARTED SNOWING...WAS IN THERE 90 MINUTES I COME OUT AND THERE IS ALMOST 2 INCHES....I HATE THE SNOW!!! I SLIPPED AND SLIDE ALL THE WAY HOME..

I AM OFF TOMORROW, HOPEFULLY ROADS WONT BE TO BAD THAT I CANT GO IN THE MORNING, WHEN I DONT GET MY MORNING WORKOUT IN I AM GRUMPY THE REST OF THE DAY...CAN WE SAY OUTTA ROUTINE????

WELL NOW THAT I HAVE WROTE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTER I AM GOING TO BED...

HAVE A NICE NIGHT EVERYONE!!!