Black Team Challenge Week 5:

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey my team--

Marla Jordan over here reporting in-- I helped Rebekah's basketball coach today run the practice. He was working on a new defense and needed people to help out.

He got there late, so I had to open the practice-- have the girls do some drills and run 'em to death. I've always wanted to be the coach making the brats run suicides-- muahahaha-- :devil: all I was missing was a whistle!

Played full court basketball with the team for over an hour. Loads of fun. I am an excellent basketball player (think Rainman here) I just can't dribble or shoot.

But, I can run and block and set picks and hustle and all that fun stuff.

Burned a lot of calories--

Had a birthday party for Joshie today-- my wee one's 4 today-- he had a great day.

Heading to work-- later.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Marla...I love your posts. You make me laugh every day. Happy birthday to Joshie!

Tam...Sounds like you had a fun day. At least you worked off all the cals you ate.

Roni...Love the new hair style! You look great!

Beth...I feel your pain on losing your HRM. I was cleaning quickly today because the lady came to set my hubby up on his range of motion machine for his knee (at least she gave me an hour notice). I lost my cleaning sponge in the rush and hubby found it when he laid down on the bed to learn how to use his machine:laugh:

To everyone I have forgotten, sorry my brain is mush. Have a great Tuesday.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Morning from across the pond..... we had some snow flurries yesterday but luckily it hasn't settled so can do some walking etc today and more importantly the boys will still be at school :wink: , they are off next week on half term and I really don't need them off before that.

As I am up early I thought I'd do my shred dvd but the ceral called and I have just eaten so the dvd will have to be done later. Am going to try to do it everyday, but to go for the low impact until I get no more pain :huh:

Hope everyone has a great tuesday
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Well, we're expecting ALOT of snow today (already have about 3 inches). They are saying 10-15 inches before we're done:ohwell: I have such a hard time driving in the stuff. I was born in Kentucky (rarely snow there back then), but I have been living in the Chicago area for 22 yrs. You would think I would be good at driving in it by now. Nope. I hate it.

I hope everyone is able to get in a good last chance workout today. I will try and check in later:smile: Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all...Looks like rain here today. Have a busy day today to get hubby ready for surgery tomorrow. He will go in about 10:30 a.m. Eastern time on Wednesday so please remember him in your prayers. I have to get groceries so the boys will have something to eat while their grandparents stay here with them (in between typing 8 hours today, pack for the hospital, go to the gym, ....). I plan to stay at the hospital with DH so I may be missing for a few days. I'll try to log in when I can. Have a great day.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :sad: :grumble: :grumble: :angry: :explode: :explode:

So very unhappy with weigh in this morning - busting my butt, and I get a gain for all my efforts..

Going to go cry in my coffee...

later gators...
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :sad: :grumble: :grumble: :angry: :explode: :explode:

So very unhappy with weigh in this morning - busting my butt, and I get a gain for all my efforts..

Going to go cry in my coffee...

later gators...

Hard for me to realize I'm gonna say this but I have NOT missed the scale this week. It has been more relaxed and I haven't stressed over every little thing I ate. I felt it coming back last night.... what am I going to eat today, nothing high in sodium, make sure I drink all my water, get in a killer workout..... weigh in on Wednesday.

I am to the point in this journey now it shouldn't be this way. I know I worked out hard, I know I ate well. So what if the scale says something I don't like. Pooey on it. I'm wrapping my head around accepting things for what they are.

I was helping DS research his science fair project last night. Weight is nothing more than the earth's gravitational pull on your body. Just think gravity is pulling harder today, you are not larger. :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    From weather.com: Snowfall of 2 to 3 inches through 2pm.

We already have 4 on the porch & it is going to be coming down alllllll day. :laugh: WTG, weather dudes. *eyeroll*

Tammy - Prayers for your hubby & for your sanity!

Roni - I hate driving in the snow & I've lived in NW Ohio my whole life. I don't hate driving in it, necessarily, as much as I hate the other people that drive in it. :laugh:

Marla - You would make a good coach..."SNAP OUT OF IT!!! I DO NOT CARE IF YOU'RE PUKING, GET UP & HIT THAT LINE!" :laugh:

Lori - :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gravity pulling harder. I like it!

Janie - *hugs* :heart:

Tanya - I'm doing the Shred right now, too. I have a LOT of pain in the jumping portion if I don't do another workout before hand. I'm a TurboJam junky & have been doing at least 20 minutes of that before the Shred. I'm not sure what it is...maybe her warmup & stretches are inadequate? :ohwell: What part hurts for you?
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    From weather.com: Snowfall of 2 to 3 inches through 2pm.

We already have 4 on the porch & it is going to be coming down alllllll day. :laugh: WTG, weather dudes. *eyeroll*

Tammy - Prayers for your hubby & for your sanity!

Roni - I hate driving in the snow & I've lived in NW Ohio my whole life. I don't hate driving in it, necessarily, as much as I hate the other people that drive in it. :laugh:

Marla - You would make a good coach..."SNAP OUT OF IT!!! I DO NOT CARE IF YOU'RE PUKING, GET UP & HIT THAT LINE!" :laugh:

Lori - :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gravity pulling harder. I like it!

Janie - *hugs* :heart:

Tanya - I'm doing the Shred right now, too. I have a LOT of pain in the jumping portion if I don't do another workout before hand. I'm a TurboJam junky & have been doing at least 20 minutes of that before the Shred. I'm not sure what it is...maybe her warmup & stretches are inadequate? :ohwell: What part hurts for you?

I am glad to see that your weather men are as good as ours :huh: , no snow due yeasterday or today but there is plenty in the wind (not settleing thankfully!!). The bit that is hurting me is the jumping jacks and the skipping cardio section, I can do the rest with relative ease, can still feel the muscles working but the jumps:noway: urgh!!!! Thanks for the tip about doing something else first, I might go on the rowing machine first tomorrow and then do the dvd.

Janie - don't cry do what Lori says and just think that gravity is heavier today (Lori - I really like that one:tongue: )

Tammy - will be thinking of you and your dh, good luck with your chores/list

Roni - I don't like driving in the snow, but we get it fairly irregularly that when it arrives I just put the car in auto gear select and let the beast control itself. I am actually more concerned for others than for my passengers or I......... my car is a US suburban and most of the dinky UK cars would be wiped out if they hit me :laugh:

Will be back later, nap time and school run beckon :ohwell:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...is slushy snowy rainy outside today...yuck

Hit the gym from 5 am to 630 am 712 calories done, almost 9 miles completed..I ran on the treadmil for 17 minutes at 5 mph and 3.0 incline I was so proud of myself, I could have would have continued but wanted to hit the bike for a 6.3 mile bike ride and I knew I had to be home by 635 am to get kiddos off to school..

Well fixin to eat my oatmeal, just drank my suagr free hot chocolate..It was yummy..

I am off today doing laundry all day..No fun!!!

Well I hope everyone has a grea last minute workout!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Snow day.....sigh.

At least my head feels much better today. Unfortunately, Tenley has it today. Headache today and an upset belly. Sorry baby.

To all the mom's of 4 year olds...anyone else's 4 year old recently discovered (again) that their big toe fits nicely into their mouth? Seriously? Emerson is freaking me out. LOL!

Really blew it yesterday, especially with sodium. But I am proud to say that I haven't stepped on the scale since Saturday morning.

Well, I'd better make some use of this unexpected day off and get something done.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Lori I love your kitchen. Lights look great........... my poor hubby is going to hate you :flowerforyou:

When we put in our cabinets(and by we I mean he) I told him I wanted the drop down of 1 foot knocked out and the cabs going all the way to the ceiling. What he didnt tell me is that under that silly thing was the ATTIC....they didnt finish it and then build that in!!

So he tears at the 1st part..............I am looking up, watching......................all of the sudden all the attic insulation comes flying down on our heads...........I run screaming........blech, barf,,,,,,,,,,,,,get it offa me!! He is:laugh: :laugh: and doubled over!!

:angry: He didnt get lunch that day:angry:

I get to be the asst to each and ever task he takes on, and he doesnt think it thru before hand. I am a planner, he is tear it down and then fix it man!!
    :love: love at first sight.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm trying to catch up with everyone. Thanks for the laugh Jeannie

Getting ready for another storm. Kids are excited...including big kid dh who will also probably have off tomorrow. Will check back later to catch up on all the doings of our team!

Lori - love your kitchen.

Did we hear how Bry's date was? I'll read on....
  • Marla64
    Options
    Donna-- no, I haven't heard-- unless I missed something.

Maybe it was so good, she's still on it????

Hey, Batman-- suggestions for weekly challenge-- if you don't mind my impertinence--

I'm needing some abs challenges. I've been derelict since the arthritis got really bad end of last year-- hurts too dang much to get on the floor, but I got some muffin top action that I'm not liking.

Just a suggestion-- either way, I asked my daughter to drag me with her when she hits the floor.

Need to scoot-- later!!!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Joshie ! I hope he had a great day !
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Cleaning up my closet... realizing I have done a LOT of shopping in the past year because nothing in there is over a year or so old. Losing weight was expensive, yet soooo worth it. I think I'm fairly good with clothes. I'm typing that so maybe it will sink in. I wish I didn't like shopping, but I :love: it. Yesterday when the Kohl's flyer came I prayed I didn't pull a 30% off coupon, I don't need anything but would have felt compelled to use it. I pulled a 15% and threw it in the trash! :noway:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Snow day.....sigh.

At least my head feels much better today. Unfortunately, Tenley has it today. Headache today and an upset belly. Sorry baby.

To all the mom's of 4 year olds...anyone else's 4 year old recently discovered (again) that their big toe fits nicely into their mouth? Seriously? Emerson is freaking me out. LOL!

Really blew it yesterday, especially with sodium. But I am proud to say that I haven't stepped on the scale since Saturday morning.

Well, I'd better make some use of this unexpected day off and get something done.

*raises hand* My 4 year old has discovered that super balls fit nicely in his mouth! WTH!? :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Hey, Batman-- suggestions for weekly challenge-- if you don't mind my impertinence--

I'm needing some abs challenges. I've been derelict since the arthritis got really bad end of last year-- hurts too dang much to get on the floor, but I got some muffin top action that I'm not liking.

Just a suggestion-- either way, I asked my daughter to drag me with her when she hits the floor.

Marla - Have you done the AbJam that came with Turbo? It's 10 minutes standing & 10 minutes on the floor. Great ab workout!...plus half the time you don't have to be on the floor! :bigsmile: Just a suggestion. :happy:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Cleaning up my closet... realizing I have done a LOT of shopping in the past year because nothing in there is over a year or so old. Losing weight was expensive, yet soooo worth it. I think I'm fairly good with clothes. I'm typing that so maybe it will sink in. I wish I didn't like shopping, but I :love: it. Yesterday when the Kohl's flyer came I prayed I didn't pull a 30% off coupon, I don't need anything but would have felt compelled to use it. I pulled a 15% and threw it in the trash! :noway:

I love shopping when I'm the size I want to be. I'm a sucker for a good pair of gym shorts. *sigh* SO proud that you threw that coupon out! *whispers* I'm also a sucker for coupons & clearance items. :noway:
  • Marla64
    Options

Marla - Have you done the AbJam that came with Turbo? It's 10 minutes standing & 10 minutes on the floor. Great ab workout!...plus half the time you don't have to be on the floor! :bigsmile: Just a suggestion. :happy:

Sara-- yes, thanks for the reminder-- I've done it a couple times. Really need to make it a priority again-- my back, too. Weight is coming back off, but I'm flabby where I hate it.

Heading to Wal-Mart, too, to get another 8 pound weight--

Later, peeps.