Black Team Challenge Week 5:

Options

Replies

• zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Shuntae- did it start snowing yet? I heard you were expecting like 30 inches??????? We may get spared to only 12-18. Marla are you expecting the same?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So as most of you know (because we are friends on FB) I have decided to open a cake and cookies business. It is very nerve racking. I know that I do a good job but what if they don't like it. kwim? I friend of mine is getting Married in October and she wants me to make her cake. She told me that one of the grocery stores here wanted to charge her $600 for a buttercream frosted cake and $750 for a fondant one. I almost fainted when she said that cause I am only going to charge her $300 that is a $200 profit for me. I hope this works out cause it's my passion.

Just thought I would tell you all. If your interested in looking at it and you have facebook it's sweetie pie cakes and cookies.

Lori~ great job on the run.

Tamara~ I know how your feeling. Everytime I saw some stupid commercial that my sister would have liked I started crying. It does get easier but it also has been 14 years for me. my :heart: goes out to you!!

Marla~ I will have to tell my dad to try this. are you supposed to do it for one week and then whenever it starts to act up? He has psoriosis really bad. anywhere he cuts himself he gets it. He was taking this injection meds but it messes up your liver so he stopped that and he rubs some ointment on it now but I would love to get it cleared up naturally.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So as most of you know (because we are friends on FB) I have decided to open a cake and cookies business. It is very nerve racking. I know that I do a good job but what if they don't like it. kwim? I friend of mine is getting Married in October and she wants me to make her cake. She told me that one of the grocery stores here wanted to charge her $600 for a buttercream frosted cake and $750 for a fondant one. I almost fainted when she said that cause I am only going to charge her $300 that is a $200 profit for me. I hope this works out cause it's my passion.

Just thought I would tell you all. If your interested in looking at it and you have facebook it's sweetie pie cakes and cookies.

Tamara~ I know how your feeling. Everytime I saw some stupid commercial that my sister would have liked I started crying. It does get easier but it also has been 14 years for me. my :heart: goes out to you!!

Marla~ I will have to tell my dad to try this. are you supposed to do it for one week and then whenever it starts to act up? He has psoriosis really bad. anywhere he cuts himself he gets it. He was taking this injection meds but it messes up your liver so he stopped that and he rubs some ointment on it now but I would love to get it cleared up naturally.

OH that was YOU!!!! WOOT!!! I will check out your sight and may even order a cake from you in May!! I will tell DH we are driving to the west coast to get a special cake for my NOT YET 50 birthday!!! WOOT
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shuntae- did it start snowing yet? I heard you were expecting like 30 inches??????? We may get spared to only 12-18. Marla are you expecting the same?

Yep, the snow started a couple hours ago. It's not laying on the roads yet, but it's coming down pretty heavy. I actually left work early...I have a 35 mile commute and there was no way I was hanging around until 4:30 to get stuck in that madness. The totals I've heard for us range between 18 and 30 inches. Uck. Just glad to be at home and safe.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

OH that was YOU!!!! WOOT!!! I will check out your sight and may even order a cake from you in May!! I will tell DH we are driving to the west coast to get a special cake for my NOT YET 50 birthday!!! WOOT

I'm not on the west coast I am about 3 hours north of you!!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options

Yep, the snow started a couple hours ago. It's not laying on the roads yet, but it's coming down pretty heavy. I actually left work early...I have a 35 mile commute and there was no way I was hanging around until 4:30 to get stuck in that madness. The totals I've heard for us range between 18 and 30 inches. Uck. Just glad to be at home and safe.

Oh em gee. Uck is right. Glad you're home safe and sound.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Ahhh...now, time for a real update. Been busy during my lunches and in the evenings, so I haven't had much time to stop in and chat. Guess it's good to keep the computer time in check, though. So much to comment on, I hope I will get to all that I want.

Marla- Glad to hear the V8 is working for you!

Sam- So proud of you with your business venture! I wish you lived closer, because I would totally look you up when the magical time comes for us to pick out wedding cakes. Best of luck!

Jeannie- Feeling better?

Tamara- We'll miss you, but we'll be here when you're ready to come back. This time to take care of yourself will do wonders for you and your family. :heart:

Lori- Congrats on your 5 miles! I wish we could all get together and run some time...Black Team meetup at the 2011 Disney Princess Half, anyone?

Other Lori- Hey stranger! Come back and visit us more often; you don't have to lurk!

Bry- Good luck on your date! I always had trouble meeting people the traditional way, too...and definitely met a few duds online, but all it took was that one chance to meet the right person and I found the person I plan to spend the rest of my life with. :love:

Bobbi, Sara, Janie, Jan, Tanya, Donna, Andrew, Beth, Leslie and anyone else I'm missing...Sorry and HELLO!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

That's all it'll take to get you to visit me? Hmm...:bigsmile: I'm hoping spring will come soon so Harley and I can start walking (well, her riding in the stroller, me walking) so I won't need to work my butt off come July to get back in shape.

P.S. I know. I feel so old. But luckily Dave's reunion was this year so if I'm old, he'll always be old + 1 year. :laugh:

That reminds me...Zeke's spring break is in April...and I'm itching for a road trip. :bigsmile: I like that "old +1 year". I always tell Doug that he's old x 2 b/c he's 2 years older than me. *evillaugh* Why do I enjoy torturing my husband so much? :laugh:

Sounds good. Maybe by then I'll actually have an obvious baby bump. I've been gaining weight but I still barely look pregnant. :grumble: I thought the 2nd time, you're supposed to pop sooner.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Double post when I tried to edit. Bizarre.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam- So proud of you with your business venture! I wish you lived closer, because I would totally look you up when the magical time comes for us to pick out wedding cakes. Best of luck!

Lori- Congrats on your 5 miles! I wish we could all get together and run some time...Black Team meetup at the 2011 Disney Princess Half, anyone?

Thank you!!! I wish I was closer too!!!

I say HECK YA to a black team meet up at the 2011 half marathon!!!!!
  • ksproston
    Options
    Signature alert - Biking officially complete!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

Congrats! You're kickin' some major bootay!
  • ksproston
    Options

Feels great! Thank you so much!!!!

Next week I'm going to get back to running. Think I'll start C25K and see. I haven't ran for a while :embarassed:. My plan is to do 20 mins of treadmill, 10 minutes of rowing (1 mile) and then stretch, change back to work clothes and eat lunch, all on my lunch hour.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Feels great! Thank you so much!!!!

Next week I'm going to get back to running. Think I'll start C25K and see. I haven't ran for a while :embarassed:. My plan is to do 20 mins of treadmill, 10 minutes of rowing (1 mile) and then stretch, change back to work clothes and eat lunch, all on my lunch hour.

Awesome! I think I asked you once how much longer you had to go... had I looked at your ticker I would have seen! Duh!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

:noway: that is wonderful Kati!! WOOT!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh OK, the scale thing. I will only weigh my self again next saturday. This week I am going to do heavy deficit with foods high in nutritional value. I can avoid the scale...........just had to see if the 2 pounds was gone, and it was. Phew!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Thank you!!! I wish I was closer too!!!

I say HECK YA to a black team meet up at the 2011 half marathon!!!!!

I would SO meet you all there. I couldnt run a 1/2 marathon, but I could give you all those lil water cups to drink!!:laugh:

OH and HUGS!! So many freaking hugs and I would :sad: like a baby meeting you wonderful peeps:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Kati-- way to go, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna-- I think we're in the 6-14 range, and every nutwad in the Lehigh Valley area was in the grocery store. People it's just freaking S-N-O-W-- give me a flippin' break. Mother Hubbard's cupboards were bare over here, people, I had to go grocery shopping-- it's payday. And it took me twice as long today-- I'm a wee bit cranky right now. Just got everything finally put away.

Mother of the year award over here, my friends-- so we come home from grocery shopping. Put Caleb at the table with a yogurt while we put stuff away. The little booger says he's done and we wipe his face and off he toddles. Couple minutes later, he's too quiet-- "Caleb, where are you?" I look out in the dining room, and he sees me and leans toward the wall to try and hide.

I think he's coloring on the walls, so issue a warning, "If you're coloring on Mama's walls, I'm gonna whup your butt."

Rebekah and I go out to see him, and she yells, "OH, MY GOSH," and grabs my car keys that he'd just let drop from his hand-- he had stuck one of the keys into the electrical outlet.

No more calls, people-- winner over here. Where's my prize-- Mother of the Year--

Need to go-- even though I've been running around all flippin 'day, my biggest baby (no, it's not Caleb-- put your sarcastic hats on people, and think about who I may be talking about) is looking for supper-- grrrrrrrrr.

Later.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Donna-- I think we're in the 6-14 range, and every nutwad in the Lehigh Valley area was in the grocery store. People it's just freaking S-N-O-W-- give me a flippin' break. Mother Hubbard's cupboards were bare over here, people, I had to go grocery shopping-- it's payday. And it took me twice as long today-- I'm a wee bit cranky right now. Just got everything finally put away.

Mother of the year award over here, my friends-- so we come home from grocery shopping. Put Caleb at the table with a yogurt while we put stuff away. The little booger says he's done and we wipe his face and off he toddles. Couple minutes later, he's too quiet-- "Caleb, where are you?" I look out in the dining room, and he sees me and leans toward the wall to try and hide.

I think he's coloring on the walls, so issue a warning, "If you're coloring on Mama's walls, I'm gonna whup your butt."

Rebekah and I go out to see him, and she yells, "OH, MY GOSH," and grabs my car keys that he'd just let drop from his hand-- he had stuck one of the keys into the electrical outlet.

No more calls, people-- winner over here. Where's my prize-- Mother of the Year--

Need to go-- even though I've been running around all flippin 'day, my biggest baby (no, it's not Caleb-- put your sarcastic hats on people, and think about who I may be talking about) is looking for supper-- grrrrrrrrr.

Later.

niiiiice. I can so see any one of my kids doing that! he is ok, that is all that matters. Oh and your trophy is in the mail:wink:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Later.

oh boy! i think each of my boys has stuck something into an outlet at some point. thank god they weren't electrocuted either.