Black Team Challenge Week 5:

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just checking in because I am very bad about it... I have been doing VERY well, better than I have in the past when I have tried to lose the weight. I just wanted to thank you all. You all are sooo motivational and inspiring. I have about 40 pounds to lose and you all make me WANT to do it...
    i have not been good about all of Andrew's challenges... I hope to ONE week actually DO one... maybe more. I have been exercising regularly and I have signed up for my first 5K on 3/6. I doubt that I will be able to run the entire thing as even a 10th of a mile is a challenge at times, but I will DO IT!
    thank you all and have a great day.

hey Doreen! What I found motivational is that others DID do it! I felt (and still do) that I was capable to lose my weigh if others lost 50-150 pounds with diet and exercise alone (well together...you know!)

Good job on the 8 pounds girl!! WOOT!:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Yo-- Batman!!

Not sure I'm gonna do the challenge-- bein' on this veggie juice fast, the fun of seeing the scale go down is just too great--

So, forgive me in advance my team for cheating this week--

Later-- transcribing testimony from a murder trial-- this is one of the fun files-- ciao!

You? Cheat? Naaaaa!

How is the fast thing doing for the ol bones Marla? Fingers crossed it gives relief!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :sad:
    Hola Black team,

Just wondering did anyone else see Jillian jump on that poor man's back on Biggest Loser as he was crawling/doing that army move on the ground!? Seriously, that was hillarious:laugh: .

I'm totaly scared of Jillian... she'a a beast. I always hear her voice in the back of head saying "you can't phone this in" as I'm working out. :noway: Now I can't get the vision of her on his back out of my head....ROFLMBOPP

Must go to bed. I'm getting delirious:yawn: nitey nite

Jan, my LOL moment is when that *****y red team woman was doing the leg press with ALL the friggin plates on it AND Bob lays his bodyweight on their too..............OMG I do 2 plates and cry like a baby
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hola Black team,

Just wondering did anyone else see Jillian jump on that poor man's back on Biggest Loser as he was crawling/doing that army move on the ground!? Seriously, that was hillarious:laugh: .

I'm totaly scared of Jillian... she'a a beast. I always hear her voice in the back of head saying "you can't phone this in" as I'm working out. :noway: Now I can't get the vision of her on his back out of my head....ROFLMBOPP

Jan, my LOL moment is when that *****y red team woman was doing the leg press with ALL the friggin plates on it AND Bob lays his bodyweight on their too..............OMG I do 2 plates and cry like a baby

Jeannie,

I saw that too LOL. I was worried about her knees and feeling her pain. :sad:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday morning...Off to type. I have to work a few hours for national company and then type two more tapes for local docs. Going to lunch with hubby today. Maybe we'll make it to Applebee's. Have a great day.

P.S. Thanks for the chart Batman, looks great!

Doreen...Are you running the 5K with anybody? I want to do one but I'm scared. I know I won't be able to run the whole thing and my hubby can't run/walk with me now since he is having knee replacement this coming Wednesday. I would love to find someone locally who is at the same stage as me. Good luck!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yo-- Batman!!

Not sure I'm gonna do the challenge-- bein' on this veggie juice fast, the fun of seeing the scale go down is just too great--

Later-- transcribing testimony from a murder trial-- this is one of the fun files-- ciao!

You? Cheat? Naaaaa!

How is the fast thing doing for the ol bones Marla? Fingers crossed it gives relief!

Jeannie-- maybe it's my imagination, but my feet feel much better. Too soon, I'm thinking, to call it a success, but amazing so far-- my fingers and toes are less swollen and I have more movement. We'll see........

And I'm not hating the weight loss benefits, lemme tell ya--
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Just came to report that I did NOT step on the scale this morning.

And, last night I was feeling hungry after dinner. I got on mfp and logged some chips and salsa to see if I could afford the calories. Well, I would have been okay with calories but now with sodium, so I deleted them from my journal and did not eat them. And, I wasn't a solid hunger pain this morning. Imagine that.....
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

And, last night I was feeling hungry after dinner. I got on mfp and logged some chips and salsa to see if I could afford the calories. Well, I would have been okay with calories but now with sodium, so I deleted them from my journal and did not eat them. And, I wasn't a solid hunger pain this morning. Imagine that.....

YAY!! Good for you!!!

I also didn't step on the scale this AM. Only because I don't know where it is!!! and last night after burning 850 calories I wanted to step on it so bad I even looked for it but couldn't find it. Is it bad that I want to use the Wii fit so I can weigh myself?

Great job on not eating the chips and salsa!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options

YAY!! Good for you!!!

I also didn't step on the scale this AM. Only because I don't know where it is!!! and last night after burning 850 calories I wanted to step on it so bad I even looked for it but couldn't find it. Is it bad that I want to use the Wii fit so I can weigh myself?

Thanks. I know that I'm obsessed. Since I admit it, does that mean it's not true? I'll ponder that.....

850 calories burned. Yikes. I'm happy when I burn 200....I told DH that I was going to be on the look out for good, but used exercise equipment at garage/yard sales this spring and summer. I'm hoping that someone who went out and bought brand new as a resolution will be tired of it already and I'll pick something up for cheap. :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Hola Black team,

Jeannie,

As much as that red team women sort of annoys me, I felt sorry for her. I kept saying to hubs, look at all those plates! I put 1 45 pound plate on each side and think it's enough. Guess that shows I should stop being a whimp and up my weight.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Yo-- Batman!!

You? Cheat? Naaaaa!

Jeannie-- maybe it's my imagination, but my feet feel much better. Too soon, I'm thinking, to call it a success, but amazing so far-- my fingers and toes are less swollen and I have more movement. We'll see........

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that it works. I gotta say, I don't blame you, if the scale was dropping daily, I'd wanna see too. I know what one day's colonoscopy prep did for me on the scale. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Yo-- Batman!!

You? Cheat? Naaaaa!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that it works. I gotta say, I don't blame you, if the scale was dropping daily, I'd wanna see too. I know what one day's colonoscopy prep did for me on the scale. :laugh:

Marla....that is awesome!

Lori-was thinking of you this morning. I wanted to say I quit going to the gym and working with the trainer about 6 wks ago. I have maintained my weight and even lost a pound..BUT BUT BUT.........my body shape is different. I am going to drop the cals to 1200 and wait 2 weeks to work out (just do 30 minute walks) to see if I lose poundage........then hit the gym and see if I gain.

Curious.....you really have to stop looking at the scale and look at those jeans girl!
  • 72lori
    Options

YAY!! Good for you!!!

Thanks. I know that I'm obsessed. Since I admit it, does that mean it's not true? I'll ponder that.....

850 calories burned. Yikes. I'm happy when I burn 200....I told DH that I was going to be on the look out for good, but used exercise equipment at garage/yard sales this spring and summer. I'm hoping that someone who went out and bought brand new as a resolution will be tired of it already and I'll pick something up for cheap. :laugh:

I'm one of you. :ohwell: I didn't get on last night, which I usually do, or this morning and I am ok.

It was actually less stressful. I usually plan my whole morning around THE SCALE. Can't eat until I get dressed. Can't get dressed until I weigh. Prefer not to weigh when DH is in the bathroom because as I proceed toward the scale, (which is right behind his sink) butt naked, I get oogled at and pawed at and usually slapped on the *kitten*. :laugh:

Granted, I'm happy he likes what he sees, but for real. After I step on the scale and am PO'ed at the number, being groped is the last thing on my list of things to do right then and there. Male hormones don't see it that way. All they see is naked women.... need to make contact....

Weighing is a freaking ordeal! :tongue:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hola Black team,

Jeannie,

As much as that red team women sort of annoys me, I felt sorry for her. I kept saying to hubs, look at all those plates! I put 1 45 pound plate on each side and think it's enough. Guess that shows I should stop being a whimp and up my weight.

I have to say...the leg press is my FAVORITE machine at the gym. The machine I use uses "level" and I do sets at level 10 or 11....I think it's 180 pounds. LOVE it!!! :love:

That is all. :bigsmile;
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I did get on the scale this morning...but it was the first time I got on the scale since yesterday. I'm an addict so once a day is a success for me. When I back slid I learned that no matter where I am in my journey, I need to see that number every day. I don't care if it goes up or down or stays the same, I just need to know that I'm doing something right or wrong, kwim? It's all mental, but I DO need to see that number otherwise, I end up gaining 20 pounds in 3 months...or something like that. :embarassed:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I'm one of you. :ohwell: I didn't get on last night, which I usually do, or this morning and I am ok.

It was actually less stressful. I usually plan my whole morning around THE SCALE. Can't eat until I get dressed. Can't get dressed until I weigh. Prefer not to weigh when DH is in the bathroom because as I proceed toward the scale, (which is right behind his sink) butt naked, I get oogled at and pawed at and usually slapped on the *kitten*. :laugh:

Granted, I'm happy he likes what he sees, but for real. After I step on the scale and am PO'ed at the number, being groped is the last thing on my list of things to do right then and there. Male hormones don't see it that way. All they see is naked women.... need to make contact....

Weighing is a freaking ordeal! :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: One more benefit to my husband leaving for work at 5:30am. LOL
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hello !! Preparing for the major snow event they are predicting....NOT. If it snows it snows.

I met Jim in high school. Yes we dated for awhile and broke up for abouta yr and a half and been back together ever since. Together for 31 yrs married for 29....:heart::heart: :heart:

Woot Woot ...Lori drive by.....Hi there !!

Doug & I have been together since I was 14 & he was 16. :smooched: Together over 13, married over 6. :heart: I love hearing high school sweetheart stories, Bobbi. A lot of people (especially my age) look at me like I just swallowed a dog when I tell them that. :laugh:

People tease me and say I've been married since I was 12. My husband and I went to elementary, middle, and highschool together. We seriously dated 4 years before getting married. Have been married for 13 years this year also. He is truly my best friend:blushing:

:laugh: I've heard similar things. So happy for you! Your kiddos are gorgeous!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Yo-- Batman!!

You? Cheat? Naaaaa!

Marla....that is awesome!

Lori-was thinking of you this morning. I wanted to say I quit going to the gym and working with the trainer about 6 wks ago. I have maintained my weight and even lost a pound..BUT BUT BUT.........my body shape is different. I am going to drop the cals to 1200 and wait 2 weeks to work out (just do 30 minute walks) to see if I lose poundage........then hit the gym and see if I gain.

Curious.....you really have to stop looking at the scale and look at those jeans girl!

I'm working on it. The problem is I don't always really 'see' what is in the mirror. I see something else.

Here's a story from yesterday, sort of put things in perspective:

I have a friend at the gym, nice guy, mid 40's, full of himself, but he's fun to chat with when I'm working out. He's working toward getting in competition shape. He asked me yesterday (as he was flexing his rather large muscles in the mirror) if he was bulking up. Now really, I don't know if they are a half inch bigger than last month, I don't look at him that closely to be completely honest.

I thought about it for a second and said, "You ask me if you are bulking up because you want to hear yes, it's the equivalent of me asking you if I'm fat." He started laughing and instantly said, "NO". I said, "See, loaded question."

So of course when he says I'm not fat, I poke at my stomach pudge and say "LOOK!" He just shook his head and told me that a lot of the guys at the gym comment on how fit I am. His exact word. FIT.

Fit. Imagine. The middle aged dudes at the gym are calling me fit. LOL

It made me feel good. I don't want to be skinny. I like being called fit. I want to be fit. Heck, I AM FIT! (See Jeannie, working on it. The weight loss happens faster than the brain changes it's views on body image.)
  • 72lori
    Options
    I did get on the scale this morning...but it was the first time I got on the scale since yesterday. I'm an addict so once a day is a success for me. When I back slid I learned that no matter where I am in my journey, I need to see that number every day. I don't care if it goes up or down or stays the same, I just need to know that I'm doing something right or wrong, kwim? It's all mental, but I DO need to see that number otherwise, I end up gaining 20 pounds in 3 months...or something like that. :embarassed:

Once a day is an improvement.

I've been telling myself that it doesn't matter what I weigh every day because I only record it once a week anyway. (ppsstttt *whispers*.... I don't really believe myself, but I need to get through the week.)
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize that there were SOOOOOOO many people who met online!!!!!!! I was always nervous to do it and felt like I was an idiot because I couldn't find love the "traditional" way.....but, after talking with this guy...this is what he said....."Meeting online may not be the ideal way to find a partner. But, if you end up finding love, who cares how you met?!!!" I am just blown away by ALL of the things that he said.....and to the girl who told me what to wear....I did just that!! Got my sexy jeans last night, have the boots, and found a "not too dressy, not too casual top". It was the first outfit I tried on.....meant to be!!! I was thinking it would take me HOURS but, nope....found it all in less then an hour!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am so glad that you could all reunite with Lori!! Who woulda though that we had a little SPY and LURKER around these parts!!!!! :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I will keep you all updated!!!! I am SOO excited....and to the person who told me..."if you click online, texting, and the phone, you shouldn't have problems!" HOW TRUE IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!! Thank you!!!! :smile:

Ok, now ONE question that bothers me....HOW THE HECK DO YOU GUYS DO THOSE QUOTE THINGS?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! HELP ME!!!! :sad: