Black Team Challenge Week 5:

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize that there were SOOOOOOO many people who met online!!!!!!! I was always nervous to do it and felt like I was an idiot because I couldn't find love the "traditional" way.....but, after talking with this guy...this is what he said....."Meeting online may not be the ideal way to find a partner. But, if you end up finding love, who cares how you met?!!!" I am just blown away by ALL of the things that he said.....and to the girl who told me what to wear....I did just that!! Got my sexy jeans last night, have the boots, and found a "not too dressy, not too casual top". It was the first outfit I tried on.....meant to be!!! I was thinking it would take me HOURS but, nope....found it all in less then an hour!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am so glad that you could all reunite with Lori!! Who woulda though that we had a little SPY and LURKER around these parts!!!!! :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I will keep you all updated!!!! I am SOO excited....and to the person who told me..."if you click online, texting, and the phone, you shouldn't have problems!" HOW TRUE IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!! Thank you!!!! :smile:

Ok, now ONE question that bothers me....HOW THE HECK DO YOU GUYS DO THOSE QUOTE THINGS?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! HELP ME!!!! :sad:

Just hit "quote" instead of reply & then post below the last [/ quote]

TADA!

Glad it worked out so well! :bigsmile:

Lori stalks a lot. She's probably stalking now. :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize that there were SOOOOOOO many people who met online!!!!!!! I was always nervous to do it and felt like I was an idiot because I couldn't find love the "traditional" way.....but, after talking with this guy...this is what he said....."Meeting online may not be the ideal way to find a partner. But, if you end up finding love, who cares how you met?!!!" I am just blown away by ALL of the things that he said.....and to the girl who told me what to wear....I did just that!! Got my sexy jeans last night, have the boots, and found a "not too dressy, not too casual top". It was the first outfit I tried on.....meant to be!!! I was thinking it would take me HOURS but, nope....found it all in less then an hour!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am so glad that you could all reunite with Lori!! Who woulda though that we had a little SPY and LURKER around these parts!!!!! :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I will keep you all updated!!!! I am SOO excited....and to the person who told me..."if you click online, texting, and the phone, you shouldn't have problems!" HOW TRUE IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!! Thank you!!!! :smile:

Ok, now ONE question that bothers me....HOW THE HECK DO YOU GUYS DO THOSE QUOTE THINGS?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! HELP ME!!!! :sad:

Just hit "quote" instead of reply & then post below the last [/ quote]

TADA!

Glad it worked out so well! :bigsmile:

Lori stalks a lot. She's probably stalking now. :laugh:

Mee too - I'm a stalker... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Mostly because my job is too crazy to allow me time to actually type anything...:grumble:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

The 'traditional' way to meet is overrated. Online you get more choices. :laugh:

Truthfully though, once you get older, unless you sit in the bars (which isn't necessarily the best place to pick up guys) every weekend it's hard to meet people. Unless it's a friend of a friend thing, it gets hard. I was 30 years old, a recently single mom and had two little kids. My options of meeting the traditional way were slim.

Enjoy! I know you will have a great time.

I had good experiences online, but I didn't meet with a lot of the guys. Usually I could tell by emails and chatting. The first one I met I really clicked with on a witty, joking around level... then we met. He was wearing white velcro sneakers like little kids wear. Later I found out he was a swinger, and not the dancing type. Interesting, but NO THANKS.

My DH was the second.... or third?... one I actually met in person. The other one was in there somewhere. He was hot, but not for me.

Don't be ashamed of how you met. We laugh about it. Plenty of people these days meet just like you did.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hello !! Preparing for the major snow event they are predicting....NOT. If it snows it snows.

I met Jim in high school. Yes we dated for awhile and broke up for abouta yr and a half and been back together ever since. Together for 31 yrs married for 29....:heart::heart: :heart:

Woot Woot ...Lori drive by.....Hi there !!

Doug & I have been together since I was 14 & he was 16. :smooched: Together over 13, married over 6. :heart: I love hearing high school sweetheart stories, Bobbi. A lot of people (especially my age) look at me like I just swallowed a dog when I tell them that. :laugh:

Yeah, they kind of look at us like we are weird. 20.gif

My HS sweetheart is doing 15-20 in the state pen :noway:. SO glad I waited another 5 years to meet mr right:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Okay Lord....I'm listening now. I don't need the scale. I get it.

So.....I am going to Las Vegas for work in the middle of March. I need a suit for one of the days. I have not bought a suit since I've lost weight. I ran to JCPenny's at noon to check out the clearance racks. Found a suit jacket for $12 and then tried on some shirts and skirts. I found a cute plaid pencil skirt but it was a 4. I took it into the dressing room to try on anyway. I saw it as a form of torture. Tried on a bunch of stuff, saving the size 4 for last. Low and behold, it is too big. Seriously, too big. What a freakin' wake up call. Nothing like needing to be hit upside the head with a 2 by 4. Geez....But, I bought the skirt anyway. I'm going to see if my mom can put a couple of tucks in it.

I got 3 things for an average of $10 each, including the suit jacket.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

So.....I am going to Las Vegas for work in the middle of March. I need a suit for one of the days. I have not bought a suit since I've lost weight. I ran to JCPenny's at noon to check out the clearance racks. Found a suit jacket for $12 and then tried on some shirts and skirts. I found a cute plaid pencil skirt but it was a 4. I took it into the dressing room to try on anyway. I saw it as a form of torture. Tried on a bunch of stuff, saving the size 4 for last. Low and behold, it is too big. Seriously, too big. What a freakin' wake up call. Nothing like needing to be hit upside the head with a 2 by 4. Geez....But, I bought the skirt anyway. I'm going to see if my mom can put a couple of tucks in it.

Katie - That is awesome! Congratulations! That has got to feel great!

Bump to all. Way to crazy to read everyone's entries. Missed the "how did you meet your guy" entry! Will catch up another time.

My DH birthday tonight. Already accounted for the DQ cake we will get tonight! Hope to catch up with everyone soon.:heart:
  • 72lori
    Options
    So proud of myself because I ran 5 whole miles at the gym today. I kept it at a nice easy pace and I did it.

I felt so good.

However. Right now the underside of my arms are both screaming. Chaffing from rubbing my tank top for an hour when I swung my arms. Ouch. My form was good though. :bigsmile:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    So proud of myself because I ran 5 whole miles at the gym today. I kept it at a nice easy pace and I did it.

I felt so good.

However. Right now the underside of my arms are both screaming. Chaffing from rubbing my tank top for an hour when I swung my arms. Ouch. My form was good though. :bigsmile:

Lori,

That's Awesome....I'm proud of you:flowerforyou:
  • retrobaby
    Options

Kati,
    That's GREAT news. I remember that feeling...way way way back then when clothes were my friend.:sad: Anywho enough pouting. Went to Vegas last year when I had a mini mid-life crisis.:explode: My sis and I went to see The CURE at the Palms:flowerforyou: . We had a blast. Even though yours is for work I hope you have FUN with your size 2 self!!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

The 'traditional' way to meet is overrated. Online you get more choices. :laugh:

Truthfully though, once you get older, unless you sit in the bars (which isn't necessarily the best place to pick up guys) every weekend it's hard to meet people. Unless it's a friend of a friend thing, it gets hard. I was 30 years old, a recently single mom and had two little kids. My options of meeting the traditional way were slim.

Enjoy! I know you will have a great time.

I had good experiences online, but I didn't meet with a lot of the guys. Usually I could tell by emails and chatting. The first one I met I really clicked with on a witty, joking around level... then we met. He was wearing white velcro sneakers like little kids wear. Later I found out he was a swinger, and not the dancing type. Interesting, but NO THANKS.

My DH was the second.... or third?... one I actually met in person. The other one was in there somewhere. He was hot, but not for me.

Don't be ashamed of how you met. We laugh about it. Plenty of people these days meet just like you did.

Lori is 100% correct.

The traditional way most folks go with is Bars. Not the best idea. I was lucky to have met my DW in highschool. Sometimes you have to think outside the lines and go with an unconventional method. I'll give you an example. (Hopefully without offending anyone.)

(Stereo-type warning: The following story can be translated as classic stereo-typing but sometimes this stuff is true.)

A co-worker of mine relocated from Rhode Island to Maine at around the same time I did. A few weeks ago I heard him complaining about not being able to find a good chinese resturant in Maine. Down in the area of Mass and RI where we are from their is ALOT of good chinese places but not so much here in Maine. He said "Their are alot of them but I just don't know how to find a good one." I was lucky to have found a decent place in my town but he lives about 45 mins south of here so the place I go wasnt an option so I gave him some "non-conventional" advice. I told him to go to call a local furnature store. He looked at me with an extremely confused look. So I explained that he should call the local furnature stores and ask if they have ever delivered any mattresses to any local chinese resturants. I know it sounds terrible, but the best food comes from the places that are staffed by folks straight from the country who often come over to help run the family business and often live at the resturant. I know, I'm horrible. I didn't think he would actually do it, but he did and he said the place was fantastic, best chinese he has had since moving here.
  • retrobaby
    Options

The outfit suggestion came from me and I'm so glad you found the right one! I'm sure you are going to have a great time!!! Have FUN, you are only young once.:glasses:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!!

Any other married folk feel like they're living vicariously through Bry? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I felt so good.

there's worse body parts to chaf-- right, Andrew? giggle.gifgiggle.gif
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

I felt so good.

Damn you marla....damn you.... lol

• Marla64
    Options

I felt so good.

Damn you marla....damn you.... lol

How could I forget, my fine, feathered friend?

pasties.jpg
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hey evryone, just stopping in for a minute...Today was a avery abd day for me..all I did was cry after 4 pm and ate and cried...I think I still need to take a few weeks off, I have competely got rid of the scale for a while...I need to focus on me and get me ready..I am still gonna log in and log my food but not gonna weigh every little thing...Today at 4pm 3 weeks ago is when I got the call that my father passed away. So today at 4 pm I started crying and pretty much cried the rest of the day, in between feeding my face....

Today is the first day that I really have cried since this all happened..But I usually always talked to him about every 3 weeks and last night I reiceived his ashes and his death cert. Still a lot to take in, so I think I need a few more week emontional and physically...honestly I think i am even gonna go down to part time at work, and focus more on my own children and helping my husband run his business..

I know ya'll will understand..if I dont get focus 100% on me all the weight will come back on..promise!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hey evryone, just stopping in for a minute...Today was a avery abd day for me..all I did was cry after 4 pm and ate and cried...I think I still need to take a few weeks off, I have competely got rid of the scale for a while...I need to focus on me and get me ready..I am still gonna log in and log my food but not gonna weigh every little thing...Today at 4pm 3 weeks ago is when I got the call that my father passed away. So today at 4 pm I started crying and pretty much cried the rest of the day, in between feeding my face....

Today is the first day that I really have cried since this all happened..But I usually always talked to him about every 3 weeks and last night I reiceived his ashes and his death cert. Still a lot to take in, so I think I need a few more week emontional and physically...honestly I think i am even gonna go down to part time at work, and focus more on my own children and helping my husband run his business..

I know ya'll will understand..if I dont get focus 100% on me all the weight will come back on..promise!!!

You know best what you need. Do what you need to do to take care of you. Check in when you can. You know we are here for you.
  • Marla64
    Options
    smiley-hug005.gif

Take care of yourself, Tamara--
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself Tamara, and know that we are here.

Will come back later, need to make lunches.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    everyone seems to be having such an amazing time,

Kati - congrats on the suit size

Lori - well done on the run, sorry about the chaffing

Marla - you go girl, I hope that this juice diet helps you

Andrew - I love your story about how you met beth, and also the story about the chinese restaurant

Bry - have a great time and enjoy yourself

Donna - hope you had a great time for your dh's birthday

Hello to anyone I missed. Well didn't have a great day yesterday with ds2 and ds3 both pushing the limits of my parenting skills!! I was so worked up by everything that happened yesterday and the day before that when the 2 little ones (my youngest ds and my little mindee) wouldn't go to sleep yesterday, I took them out for a 2 hour walk in the tandam buggy, and boy am I feeling it this morning:grumble:

Have done an hours walk to school this morning, and my dvd has arrived so hopefully when the little ones sleep today I will look at it