Black Team Challenge Week 5:

Options

Replies

• ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Oh, you guys/gals are WAY TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a GREAT GREAT challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER have thought about it like that but, it is true....on the biggest loser, I always wondered why they were so scared to weigh in....they have NO idea what their week has been like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited and nervous!!!!!

I NEED HELP ALSO.......going on a FIRST date this Friday!! I don't know what the hell to wear, what the hell am I going to eat for supper, what the crap we are going to talk about.......oh my GOODNESS!! I am so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :noway: :huh: :grumble: :ohwell: I met this man on Eharmony actually and we are meeting for the first time this Friday and I am SOOOOOOO nervous.....we have been chatting for over 2 months now, taking it slow, then we moved onto the texting and have talked on the phone a couple times and now we feel as though we should meet. Things are going GREAT!! But, that first time seeing each other thing is making me go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Anyway, I will keep you all updated but, any first date advice??????????????????????????????? :smokin:

P.S. My friend asked me to go to Bar bingo with her yesterday and I told her I was going to workout instead!! I went to the gym with a smile on my face and woke up in the morning feeling AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :love: :love: :love:

Have fun on your date! One of my friends met her husband on Eharmony, she says they are a success story! :smile:

I met my hubs on match.com. :bigsmile: If you've clicked on email, texting and the phone, don't stress, it will go well.

Another ex-black teamer met her husband online, too! Have fun!

*Psst!* I met my husband on eharmony in 2005 and we are now married with a 17-month-old daughter and a baby on the way.
    *This former black-team member will now return to quietly black-team- thread stalking* :flowerforyou:

*double take* Hey, wasn't that Lori???

:wink:

It was! Hi Lori! Congrats on the baby on the way!!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Oh, you guys/gals are WAY TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a GREAT GREAT challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER have thought about it like that but, it is true....on the biggest loser, I always wondered why they were so scared to weigh in....they have NO idea what their week has been like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited and nervous!!!!!

I NEED HELP ALSO.......going on a FIRST date this Friday!! I don't know what the hell to wear, what the hell am I going to eat for supper, what the crap we are going to talk about.......oh my GOODNESS!! I am so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :noway: :huh: :grumble: :ohwell: I met this man on Eharmony actually and we are meeting for the first time this Friday and I am SOOOOOOO nervous.....we have been chatting for over 2 months now, taking it slow, then we moved onto the texting and have talked on the phone a couple times and now we feel as though we should meet. Things are going GREAT!! But, that first time seeing each other thing is making me go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Anyway, I will keep you all updated but, any first date advice??????????????????????????????? :smokin:

P.S. My friend asked me to go to Bar bingo with her yesterday and I told her I was going to workout instead!! I went to the gym with a smile on my face and woke up in the morning feeling AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :love: :love: :love:

Count another one...I met my BF online, and we will celebrate 4 years this June. :love:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

*Psst!* I met my husband on eharmony in 2005 and we are now married with a 17-month-old daughter and a baby on the way.
    *This former black-team member will now return to quietly black-team- thread stalking* :flowerforyou:

Lori - congratulations!! What exciting news.... Love the baby ticker!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Have fun on your date! One of my friends met her husband on Eharmony, she says they are a success story! :smile:

I met my hubs on match.com. :bigsmile: If you've clicked on email, texting and the phone, don't stress, it will go well.

Another ex-black teamer met her husband online, too! Have fun!

Hey stranger! You should come around more often. Lurker. :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    She stalks us b/c she loves us. :smooched:

Hey, Lori! :heart:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi team, I'm feeling soo much better...I'm stil a bit congested but gettin my workouts in...so overall doing much better...Marla my daughter is doing much better..Dr. had to put her on seizer meds to prevent help prevent reoccurance...
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options

How exciting and fun!!! Since you are asking... I think you should wear a nice pair of dressy jeans with a cute sexy top and heels/boots with a heel. Wear your hair down and makeup natural with a hint of color on your lips maybe lip gloss.

OMG I think I am way into this.:laugh: Anyway keep us informed on how well it goes!!!:heart:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    My size 6 jeans fit? All is well with the world.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
    [/quote]

Jeannie,

I can't wait to say that. Heck I'll SCREAM it:bigsmile:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Jan - Your kids are gorgeous!
  • 72lori
    Options
    3 months- 12 weeks.

First, the length of time until the EOD ball that I posted my dress picture for.... which by the way.... tried on for hubs and it zipped no prob. After hormones leveled out, deflation occured in chest area, dress fit better. :bigsmile:

Second, the length of time until I hit the 1 year point where I have virtually been stuck at this weight (minus the see saw up and down stuff that will naturally occur in a 9 month time frame). I was 153.6 on May 4th, 2009. I was 152.6 today. See S-T-U-C-K. Can you say PLATEAU?

The EOD Ball is not really a big deal, more an event in the future to countdown to. Being stuck for 9 months is a big deal. I am not yet ready to throw in the towel and say it can't be done, I'm giving it 3 months. 3 months of really working. 3 months of no fooling around. A measely 12 weeks to see what can be done. 3 months where I will try really hard not to get frustrated. (I might need help. :ohwell: ) 3 months my friends.

At the end of those 3 months if I am still sitting here, hovering between 150-154. I'm listening to my body. I will adjust my weight loss goal back to 150 (which was my original goal) and live with it. I will accept the fact that my body is happy, it doesn't want to lose more and I will learn to like what I have.

I have some planning to do. I'm going to come up with my 12 week training plan. I need to decide how I'm handling calories, which is always and issue for me, I struggle with all the exercise calorie idea. I agree more calories in if you have more going out.... but all? Not sure. Really, no other program encourages you to do such. Gotta think long and hard on that one.

Whew... enough thinking for now. I need a smoothie. :tongue:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    3 months- 12 weeks.

First, the length of time until the EOD ball that I posted my dress picture for.... which by the way.... tried on for hubs and it zipped no prob. After hormones leveled out, deflation occured in chest area, dress fit better. :bigsmile:

Second, the length of time until I hit the 1 year point where I have virtually been stuck at this weight (minus the see saw up and down stuff that will naturally occur in a 9 month time frame). I was 153.6 on May 4th, 2009. I was 152.6 today. See S-T-U-C-K. Can you say PLATEAU?

The EOD Ball is not really a big deal, more an event in the future to countdown to. Being stuck for 9 months is a big deal. I am not yet ready to throw in the towel and say it can't be done, I'm giving it 3 months. 3 months of really working. 3 months of no fooling around. A measely 12 weeks to see what can be done. 3 months where I will try really hard not to get frustrated. (I might need help. :ohwell: ) 3 months my friends.

At the end of those 3 months if I am still sitting here, hovering between 150-154. I'm listening to my body. I will adjust my weight loss goal back to 150 (which was my original goal) and live with it. I will accept the fact that my body is happy, it doesn't want to lose more and I will learn to like what I have.

I have some planning to do. I'm going to come up with my 12 week training plan. I need to decide how I'm handling calories, which is always and issue for me, I struggle with all the exercise calorie idea. I agree more calories in if you have more going out.... but all? Not sure. Really, no other program encourages you to do such. Gotta think long and hard on that one.

Whew... enough thinking for now. I need a smoothie. :tongue:

Psssst, Lori-- try a couple of days of low sodium V8 juice-- I'm down 5 pounds from yesterday-- (now, disclaimer, I was bloated from chili-- ) But, I'm doing this for the psoriasis, but the weight loss is gonna be sweeeeeeeet.

Hubs is already moaning the loss of bloated boobas, but tough tarts.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Psssst, Lori-- try a couple of days of low sodium V8 juice-- I'm down 5 pounds from yesterday-- (now, disclaimer, I was bloated from chili-- ) But, I'm doing this for the psoriasis, but the weight loss is gonna be sweeeeeeeet.

So you are really only drinking V8 juice this week? No food? Not sure I could hang.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Lori B congrats on the new baby on the way...

Myself and my husband also met online....In a chat room....We dated 2 days and I moved in the 3rd day..I know we move fast, but May 18 it will be 10 years so I guess all is good.

Well fixin to hit the gym could do weight this morning machine was down!!

Hope all is well and a good weigh in!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Lori B congrats on the new baby on the way...

Myself and my husband also met online....In a chat room....We dated 2 days and I moved in the 3rd day..I know we move fast, but May 18 it will be 10 years so I guess all is good.

Well fixin to hit the gym could do weight this morning machine was down!!

Hope all is well and a good weigh in!!!

My hubby and I met in a night club. We were both on dates with other people. We went on our first date and I never really went home. We moved in together within a week. This September we will be happily married 18 years!! I can honestly say he is my best friend. I guess sometimes you just know:love:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hello !! Preparing for the major snow event they are predicting....NOT. If it snows it snows.

I met Jim in high school. Yes we dated for awhile and broke up for abouta yr and a half and been back together ever since. Together for 31 yrs married for 29....:heart::heart: :heart:

Woot Woot ...Lori drive by.....Hi there !!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

So you are really only drinking V8 juice this week? No food? Not sure I could hang.

Yes-- not a recommended diet aid, although I'm not at all hungry. Hubs read about it online as a psoriasis treatment-- I'll try anything at this point because it's the root of the arthritis.

However, if as a bonus I get to goal-- woo hoooooooo--

I'll take it.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hello !! Preparing for the major snow event they are predicting....NOT. If it snows it snows.

I met Jim in high school. Yes we dated for awhile and broke up for abouta yr and a half and been back together ever since. Together for 31 yrs married for 29....:heart::heart: :heart:

Woot Woot ...Lori drive by.....Hi there !!

Doug & I have been together since I was 14 & he was 16. :smooched: Together over 13, married over 6. :heart: I love hearing high school sweetheart stories, Bobbi. A lot of people (especially my age) look at me like I just swallowed a dog when I tell them that. :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    The scale not being there is kind of a good thing. I want to weigh when I am in the kitchen looking for something to make but I forget about it when I go to the bathroom. It's nice having that much more room in our teeny tiny bathroom.

I met my hubs at work. He worked there like 3 weeks longer then I did and most of the people didn't even know if he could speak. He never talked to anyone unless they talked to him. He won't shut up now!!!!:heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Doug & I have been together since I was 14 & he was 16. :smooched: Together over 13, married over 6. :heart: I love hearing high school sweetheart stories, Bobbi. A lot of people (especially my age) look at me like I just swallowed a dog when I tell them that. :laugh:

Robs brother was a senior and his wife was a sophomore they have been together 10 years and married for 5.

Edit: felt like I should correct my misspelled word cause you never know who's lurking! :wink:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hey black team! i can't keep up with you guys! this challenge should be easy for me, i only get on the scale once a week anyway. it definitely affects my mood for the rest of the day if i gain or lose, so i try to keep the mood swings to once a week :laugh:

me and dh met in high school chorus. he was a freshman when i was a junior and we were only friends through my friend who he was dating. i graduated and didn't see him again for about 7 years, when he came into a restaurant i was working at. after that he formulated a devious plan to steal me away from my boyfriend. (which obviously worked :wink: ) we've been together 7 years now and married almost 5 :heart: