Black Team Challenge Week 5:

Options

Replies

• bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oh, you guys/gals are WAY TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a GREAT GREAT challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER have thought about it like that but, it is true....on the biggest loser, I always wondered why they were so scared to weigh in....they have NO idea what their week has been like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited and nervous!!!!!

I NEED HELP ALSO.......going on a FIRST date this Friday!! I don't know what the hell to wear, what the hell am I going to eat for supper, what the crap we are going to talk about.......oh my GOODNESS!! I am so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :noway: :huh: :grumble: :ohwell: I met this man on Eharmony actually and we are meeting for the first time this Friday and I am SOOOOOOO nervous.....we have been chatting for over 2 months now, taking it slow, then we moved onto the texting and have talked on the phone a couple times and now we feel as though we should meet. Things are going GREAT!! But, that first time seeing each other thing is making me go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Anyway, I will keep you all updated but, any first date advice??????????????????????????????? :smokin:

P.S. My friend asked me to go to Bar bingo with her yesterday and I told her I was going to workout instead!! I went to the gym with a smile on my face and woke up in the morning feeling AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :love: :love: :love:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Oh, you guys/gals are WAY TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a GREAT GREAT challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER have thought about it like that but, it is true....on the biggest loser, I always wondered why they were so scared to weigh in....they have NO idea what their week has been like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited and nervous!!!!!

I NEED HELP ALSO.......going on a FIRST date this Friday!! I don't know what the hell to wear, what the hell am I going to eat for supper, what the crap we are going to talk about.......oh my GOODNESS!! I am so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :noway: :huh: :grumble: :ohwell: I met this man on Eharmony actually and we are meeting for the first time this Friday and I am SOOOOOOO nervous.....we have been chatting for over 2 months now, taking it slow, then we moved onto the texting and have talked on the phone a couple times and now we feel as though we should meet. Things are going GREAT!! But, that first time seeing each other thing is making me go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Anyway, I will keep you all updated but, any first date advice??????????????????????????????? :smokin:

P.S. My friend asked me to go to Bar bingo with her yesterday and I told her I was going to workout instead!! I went to the gym with a smile on my face and woke up in the morning feeling AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :love: :love: :love:

Have fun on your date! One of my friends met her husband on Eharmony, she says they are a success story! :smile:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, well I weighed myself this morning and am happy with my weigh in, although could all be due to the tummy bug!! Got a morning off from children, so I am going out for a coffee with a dear friend that is having a very bad time - if any of you could spare a thought for her then please do.

No scales for a week?? Well that might upset the litle ones (they weigh themselves after me, it has become a game!) but they will have to detox like mummy :laugh:

Bry - I can't remember my last first date, but will say just to relax and chill, and congrats on going to the gym instead of the bar

Marla - your house sounds completely hectic but full of love, its really great to read about

Amanda - hello

Jan - I love your picture, I wish I could get a nice picture of my boys together but all they feel like doing is thumping each other :huh

Donna - morning!! Where is your daughter coming to in the UK? It sounds like fun, when I did trips with the school the furthist we went was to Wales :grumble:

Lori - hope that you have warmed up, and drunk some fluids. Did you say how your boys did in the football?

Everyone else, hope you have a good day and good cooking. Check in later
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Sam I hear ya, my husband is gonna have to hide my scale I honestly believe...its the only way!! I get on my ALL the time..

welp off to the gym i go. Have a great day everyone
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good weigh in morning team!:laugh: Wow, thats what Wednesdays have become to mean for me the past year lol. I havent gotten on the scale yet, but will soon.

Thank you for this weeks challenge Andrew. This one is eezy-breezy for me:wink: (sorry my scale addict teamies). I only get on the scale once a week anyway and thats Wednesday mornings. I admit that I fear the scale:ohwell: , but I never never never get on it before then. Im not sure why really? I think it actually does have something to do with what Andrew was saying about letting it control our moods, how our day goes, etc. Whatever the reason, I just dont do it.

Well, I have alot of grocery shopping to do today:grumble: . I hate shopping for groceries. I dont mind other shopping so much, but hate doing the groceries. It just isnt any fun to me lol.

Oh, I wanted to mention that my BFF and I have started talking again. Nothing major, just talking about what happened. I think we might just get through this? Its scary to type even...to say we might get through it. I have always trusted her 100% without question and she shook that trust to the core...it somewhat even sounds a bit childish to me to say, but Im afraid to trust her again. We'll see what happens. Thanks you guys for all your support.

Well, a big hello to everyone!!:smile: I wish everyone a very happy day:flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I love to read about the black team challenges. You ladies are very inspiring, so, my hat goes off and I lift my cup up to you all.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Have fun on your date! One of my friends met her husband on Eharmony, she says they are a success story! :smile:

I met my hubs on match.com. :bigsmile: If you've clicked on email, texting and the phone, don't stress, it will go well.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hey gang-- you can do this-- no pouting!!:wink:

I did not pout...I threw a tantrum. :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I met my hubs on match.com. :bigsmile: If you've clicked on email, texting and the phone, don't stress, it will go well.

Another ex-black teamer met her husband online, too! Have fun!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Oh, I wanted to mention that my BFF and I have started talking again. Nothing major, just talking about what happened. I think we might just get through this? Its scary to type even...to say we might get through it. I have always trusted her 100% without question and she shook that trust to the core...it somewhat even sounds a bit childish to me to say, but Im afraid to trust her again. We'll see what happens. Thanks you guys for all your support.

That is NOT childish, Roni. When you lose your trust in someone, they have to EARN it back plain & simple. Trust isn't a right just b/c you've known someone for so long...it's a privlage & she has to work on that with you. Good luck, my dear! I hope you're on the way to mending your friendship! *hugs*
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    *snap...............no prob bob!

I gave my scale to a friend this summer for 1 month. She refused to return it to me, which is why I chose her.

Ok, my confession..............I made a DOCTORS appt so I could get on the scale!!! :laugh: But I was honest and sent her a picture of it to her email :wink:

So I can tell you first hand, I did not suffer an serious consequences by giving up my scale. One month without and now I could care less about what it says.

My size 6 jeans fit? All is well with the world.

That being said, after being sick this week I have been on it for like 1000 times in 3 days..........so Thanks for the challenge Andrew!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't completed any other challenge so maybe can do this one! Noticed I said maybe! :laugh:

Amanda......put it in your trunk!! It works!:heart:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bookmarking for later
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    brat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gif

DITTO - although it is a bit of a love/hate relationship - Damn scale!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    brat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gif

^^^^What she said^^^

:laugh:

But, indeed a good challenge...as it is about so much more than just the numbers...although I do like to keep a close eye on them...:huh:

My weigh in day is Monday....so I won't step on until then....:sad:

Sure glad I checked this morning....:tongue:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody...My hubby laughed when I told him the challenge. He says we will have to throw it out to keep me off of it. I really am obsessed with it and this will be good for me. It draws me to it several times a day. I get excited because I am down a pound and then the next hour there is that darn pound again and then I'm depressed and ready to give up and eat everything in site. I can do this and I will be better for it. Thanks, Andrew. You have saved me from myself. Have a happy Wednesday!
  • meljones
    meljones Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Putting it in the trunk might be the only option for me!! I didn't realize I was so addicted to the thing until I read the challange and actually freaked out a little. That scale has become a part of my morning routine right along with brushing my teeth. Oh well, away to the trunk it goes!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

*Psst!* I met my husband on eharmony in 2005 and we are now married with a 17-month-old daughter and a baby on the way.
    *This former black-team member will now return to quietly black-team- thread stalking* :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

*Psst!* I met my husband on eharmony in 2005 and we are now married with a 17-month-old daughter and a baby on the way.
    *This former black-team member will now return to quietly black-team- thread stalking* :flowerforyou:

*double take* Hey, wasn't that Lori???

:wink:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Hey gang-- you can do this-- no pouting!!:wink:

Ooooookaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. :grumble: Oops. That one slipped out. I'll be better starting right :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: now.

:laugh: :wink: :bigsmile: