Sister wives

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I would think it was less problematic if the sister wives were bisexual and they all shared equally in intimacy (while having proper boundaries concerning the children).

While the husband is occupied with one wife, the other wives could keep each other warm.

Why does the husband only get to have all the fun?
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have watched this show, and the very idea of sharing my husband makes my skin crawl. I don't say it's wrong, everyone has their own beliefs. But, as a show, it's like a trainwreck....I just can't help but watch. Just like the family with 50 kids...the Digglets or something......wtf

The Duggars would benefit from having a couple of extra moms/dads around.......I'm surprised no one has mentioned their family as harmful to children.....I guess it's because they're hetero......

Personally id rather hear and see the Duggars 20x before Sister Wives and it has nothing to do with lifestyles. It has to do with how they present themselves. The Duggars are real with giving hearts. They show where they are helping others on mission trips, etc where Sister Wives talks and shows family issues (last night one episode was all about who lives where in their new Vegas Home). I have heard the Duggars speak live in person when they came to the Homeschool Convention and they did not start their show or this "fame" for fame, it started for them as a documentary and then spiraled from there.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I watch it, but I watch it because I am so squicked out by it...
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'd rather watch a show about one wife with several husbands. Now THAT would be entertaining. ;P
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have watched this show, and the very idea of sharing my husband makes my skin crawl. I don't say it's wrong, everyone has their own beliefs. But, as a show, it's like a trainwreck....I just can't help but watch. Just like the family with 50 kids...the Digglets or something......wtf

The Duggars would benefit from having a couple of extra moms/dads around.......I'm surprised no one has mentioned their family as harmful to children.....I guess it's because they're hetero......

Personally id rather hear and see the Duggars 20x before Sister Wives and it has nothing to do with lifestyles. It has to do with how they present themselves. The Duggars are real with giving hearts. They show where they are helping others on mission trips, etc where Sister Wives talks and shows family issues (last night one episode was all about who lives where in their new Vegas Home). I have heard the Duggars speak live in person when they came to the Homeschool Convention and they did not start their show or this "fame" for fame, it started for them as a documentary and then spiraled from there.

I find the Duggars very creepy. I would be concerned that my soul would be stolen if I interacted with them personally.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Wait till my show comes out next year....

Its called...

"BROTHER HUSBANDS"

The new religious cult I am starting...

Only for women who wish to have a dozen husbands, to do all their work, can apply for my club...:wink:
    And it would really help if these men could be of childbearing age...

What???? You never heard of my religious club before.... Yep, going to make up some great rules just to benefit women, and demean men, and yes, it will all be legal and such.. Im just saying its my religion. Thats how we can get away with it. Heeeee

What MFP Women would like to join this Cult???

:happy:
  • HiKaren
    Options
    Yes... I am kidding.... I believe in equality between sexes, and no matter your sex, or your preference.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

I find the Duggars very creepy. I would be concerned that my soul would be stolen if I interacted with them personally.

THIS
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Its called...

"BROTHER HUSBANDS"

Only for women who wish to have a dozen husbands, to do all their work, can apply for my club...:wink:

What???? You never heard of my religious club before.... Yep, going to make up some great rules just to benefit women, and demean men, and yes, it will all be legal and such.. Im just saying its my religion. Thats how we can get away with it. Heeeee

only if some of the rule and guidlines are:

we can trade them when they disobey.

They have to have long hair like fabio- and be buff

they work and pay everything while we sit around and mary as many as we want...that would be quite a show lol:bigsmile:

but seriously...i ciouldnt do it...no waY NO HOW
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I find the show very interesting. I like how they get along and seem to make it work, but it isnt for me I could never share my husband
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I think the whole "don't the children have a say" thing is complete BS. Since when does ANY child have a choice in his or her parents? The kid with same sex parents never had a choice, the kid with the divorced parents didn't have a choice, the kid with one dead parent never had a choice, the kid with the drug addict parent never had the choice. I never chose to be raised Catholic when I was younger (I did however switch beliefs as I got older), I know somebody who was raised Mormon, that was never his choice. So why does it matter that these children don't get a choice in what lifestyle to grow up in? At least they have loving parents who do NOT force their beliefs on the children. I like the fact that a lot of the children say they're NOT going to have sister wives or many wives and the parents are okay with that.

I could NEVER share my husband, I'm way too selfish that way. :P But I do see the benefits of have sister wives...don't have to worry about sending your child to daycare when you go back to work or you can choose to stay home (like how Janelle works/ed which is what she preferred while Christine preferred to stay home with the kids when they were still in Utah at least) and you don't have to worry about taking time off work if the school calls saying your 7 year old is throwing up in class. You have extra support if you need to have surgery or something and are put on bedrest after. You always have somebody looking out for your children.

I think as long as the parents are all consenting adults in this relationship and the children are happy and not abused then it's fine. I do however think that Kody seems like an *sshat and I just don't really like him at all... I always think they had better relationships when they all lived under one roof. They may have been in separate sections but they were together and could wander to the other side of the house whenever they wanted but now living farther apart in different houses they seem much more like completely separate relationships. Like the husband has secret lives...

I did find it interesting in a tell all episode with the wives where they talked about their tell all book that early in the marriage Janelle had actually moved away from the family for a year before deciding to move back in with the family. And that the first three wives actually had a lot of issues at the problem and didn't get along very much. It may look like they get along fairly well now but they didn't always get along. The first three wives have been all together for many years so they've worked through most of their problems but with Robyn now in the mix there are issues popping up, mainly with Christine since this is her first time having another wife come into the family after her.

It is definitely not for me but I do like seeing the dynamic of their household and how their lives go day to day.
  • dg730
    dg730 Posts: 62
    Options
    If I was raised around this, I would choose this for my self. I like the idea of a village raising children.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I think the whole "don't the children have a say" thing is complete BS. Since when does ANY child have a choice in his or her parents? The kid with same sex parents never had a choice, the kid with the divorced parents didn't have a choice, the kid with one dead parent never had a choice, the kid with the drug addict parent never had the choice. I never chose to be raised Catholic when I was younger (I did however switch beliefs as I got older), I know somebody who was raised Mormon, that was never his choice. So why does it matter that these children don't get a choice in what lifestyle to grow up in? At least they have loving parents who do NOT force their beliefs on the children. I like the fact that a lot of the children say they're NOT going to have sister wives or many wives and the parents are okay with that.

Thank you! This is what I was trying to say. We don't get a choice in how we are raised. These children ARE loved!! AND loved by many!!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is what I was trying to say. We don't get a choice in how we are raised. These children ARE loved!! AND loved by many!!

I think society owes it to its children to protect them. No, children don't get a choice in how they're raised, but shouldn't we have laws in place to protect them when we KNOW something will screw them up? Again, I don't know that these kids end up screwed up, but no one here has been able to show me a comprehensive survey on the psychological implications of such a family situation.
  • HiKaren
    Options

Its called...

"BROTHER HUSBANDS"

only if some of the rule and guidlines are:

we can trade them when they disobey.

They have to have long hair like fabio- and be buff

they work and pay everything while we sit around and mary as many as we want...that would be quite a show lol:bigsmile:

but seriously...i ciouldnt do it...no waY NO HOW

Your in... :smile: And yes they have long Fabio hair, pay all the bills, and yes, you can dump one for a week if he disobeys, while you hump on the other ones. In that case he gets laundry duty as well for a month. And, if you have little babies, they get to change all the poopie diapers! While we go spend all the money shopping! :smile:
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I think society owes it to its children to protect them. No, children don't get a choice in how they're raised, but shouldn't we have laws in place to protect them when we KNOW something will screw them up? Again, I don't know that these kids end up screwed up, but no one here has been able to show me a comprehensive survey on the psychological implications of such a family situation.

You can't make the call that ANY type of family will or will not produce well-rounded children. ANY type of family! No research is going to prove one way or the other. There are a million screwed up kids from EVERY SINGLE type of family.....and there are very well-balanced kids from EVERY SINGLE type of family! Plain and simple. The laws are put in place by people that don't like the idea of it. That's how pretty much all laws are. Gay marriage is illegal because people don't like the thought of it. But people still fight for it because they still believe it doesn't matter to anyone else......as it shouldn't....and that's my belief (which is another reason for many laws). You can't wrestle a bear in Alabama. You can't perform oral sex anywhere in Maryland. You also can't take a lion to the movies. It's all just so silly! This whole disagreement is all based on how people feel about the situation. I personally feel that you can't gauge how the children will turn out because you don't like the idea of multiple wives.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    You can't make the call that ANY type of family will or will not produce well-rounded children.
    So, in your opinion, there is no "best case scenario" in which children should be raised?

That's how pretty much all laws are. You can't wrestle a bear in Alabama. You can't perform oral sex anywhere in Maryland. You also can't take a lion to the movies. It's all just so silly!
    You do realize that laws are put into place because at some point people either did these "silly" things or they're put in to place to protect people; right?
  • LMick1986
    Options
    You can't make the call that ANY type of family will or will not produce well-rounded children.
    So, in your opinion, there is no "best case scenario" in which children should be raised?

That's how pretty much all laws are. You can't wrestle a bear in Alabama. You can't perform oral sex anywhere in Maryland. You also can't take a lion to the movies. It's all just so silly!
    You do realize that laws are put into place because at some point people either did these "silly" things or they're put in to place to protect people; right?

I do not believe there is a best case scenario to raise children. And yes I do know that those silly laws were put in place for certain reasons.....such as Warren Jeffs, the polygamist marrying 14 year old girls. THAT'S protecting the children.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    I do not believe there is a best case scenario to raise children.
    Thank you. That explains a lot, and was what I was wondering.