• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Ohai.

You rang?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's been that way since I joined. It seems to mostly be the members following some strict diet protocol, whether it's vegan or Paleo or eat X grams of protein, and the "look at my abs! If you don't eat like me you'll be skinny fat and never look good naked" crowd.

Those that are really just here to improve/maintain weight and health are usually pretty supportive.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of that too. I think there are 3 reasons for it:

1) People who are successful can start to think they know everything, and bash people who are going about it in a different way.
    2) A lot of people are insecure, and that can be transferred into happily anonymous snarky-ness.

I just take people's opinions with a grain of salt, and when I have a real question, turn to a professional. There are SO many great (And free) resources out there.

3. Some people can't take constructive criticism without getting hurt feelings.

(fixed that for you)
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to introduce myself...

*burp*

bless you
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I haven't particularly noticed an increase in disrespectful comments, but I have noticed more threads created to complain about them :flowerforyou:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! :drinker:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Plus, it's all subjective. One person's funny joke is another person's cruel jab. Watch:

"So you think that avatar of a beloved children's character abusing cookie dough like it was heroin is funny do you? My son died of a heroin overdose, I don't think it's something to joke about. I wish rude people like you would just get off this site. <report>"

So watch who you side with. I prefer the company of people who can take a joke without getting their knickers in a twist.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lol @ Brett :heart:
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Unless the OP posts something obvious or that has been repeated a million times this place is very positive. Light hearted isn't bad and tough love isn't bad. Now eat less and workout more!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of carbz!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Here we go again

on our ownnnn
    goin down the only road we've ever knownnnnnnnnnnn
    and I've made up my mind......
    I ain't waistin no more time......

I'm just another heart in need of rescue....
    waiting on love's sweet charity
    and I'm gonna hold on for the rest of my days.....\m/
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Plus, it's all subjective. One person's funny joke is another person's cruel jab. Watch:

"So you think that avatar of a beloved children's character abusing cookie dough like it was heroin is funny do you? My son died of a heroin overdose, I don't think it's something to joke about. I wish rude people like you would just get off this site. <report>"

So watch who you side with. I prefer the company of people who can take a joke without getting their knickers in a twist.

Wait... you wear knickers?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of that too. I think there are 2 reasons for it:

1) People who are successful can start to think they know everything, and bash people who are going about it in a different way.
    2) A lot of people are insecure, and that can be transferred into happily anonymous snarky-ness.

I just take people's opinions with a grain of salt, and when I have a real question, turn to a professional. There are SO many great (And free) resources out there.

wow

I hope you succeed and join the ranks and then realize what you just said.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

Would you PLEASE leave my twisted knickers OUT of this! I'm not going to tell you again! (reported!)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Here we go again

on our ownnnn
    goin down the only road we've ever knownnnnnnnnnnn

Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

Wait... you wear knickers?

He's wearing mine...he likes them twisty like.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The empty vessel makes the loudest sound - William Shakespeare :)

Most people are very very very nice.

^^^THIS

AND THIS vvv
    The ignore button is very useful.

I have fallen in love with this community since I joined last July. I have most of the a-holes/d-bags on ignore and have found everyone else to be helpful, supportive, and sometimes entertaining.
  • fennijer34
    fennijer34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well said!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqXxhy_bJ3O_a_vx0A7KV9VEiPMaqlwqZ6KUN3L73-cpCAiezQ