Thinking of going vegan

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why?
    I see this thread has resurfaced. I've already responded to the OP so now I'll respond to you^ the question is not why the OP would want to go vegan it is why aren't you (and everyone else who consumes flesh) considering it? We have the resources to obtain all of our dietary needs on a plant-based diet and also end factory farmed animal suffering. so why wouldn't you choose the more compassionate option, why aren't you considering going veg?

Not to mention the human suffering and unfair, unsafe labor conditions at factory farms that put local small farms out of business so people can get cheap, unsanitary meat at WalMart (you get what you pay for). If nothing else, support your local small farms.

The question was directed towards the OP who actually wanted the advice not to you who already have your opinions pretty much set.
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No doc, trainer or dietician has ever said a vegan diet is better than an omnivorous diet.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vegan+vegetarinan+doctors+dieticians+trainers
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.