Need to lose between 30-40 lbs??

Options

Replies

• tndiva10
    tndiva10 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi all. Weeks off to a good start. Lots of upheaval, but I haven't been eating over it. I actually have broken 190! Yippee. I swear it's the greek yogurt and fruit combo. I just don't feel the need to scarf down food when I get home. Even when I was eating healthy, I still would get home at eat everything in sight. Now, I don't. LOVE GREEK YOGURT!

Interested to see what tomorrow's weigh in brings. Good Luck All!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am really having a hard time meeting my fiber intake for each day. 25 is a number I have yet to meet. Any suggestions?
    I really like orowheat double fiber bread and english muffins. I never have a problem hitting 30 grams a day:tongue:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    yay! weigh in day is here and I am the first one to be up with the chickens.
    Boo! I only had a drop of 0.4. That means now that my mini goal looks unrealistic. oh poo.
    Hope everyone else has better numbers!:tongue:

Heaviest Weight 207
    02/24 start weight 194.4
    03/03 194.0 -0.4
    03/10 (mini Goal: 190)
  • verito
    verito Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good morning my pals, I lost 2 lbs, so 28 more to go. It feels great this challenge, because I'm not by myself. Every time that I need to make a decision, I think about all of us trying to accomplish the 30 lbs. Have a great and healthy day!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Is it weigh-in day again? (DREAD!!!)

LW: 191.5
    CW: 192.5
    Gained 1 lb :ohwell:
    MiniG (Mar 10): 188
    GW (Sept 9): 155

It's gonna be a stretch to reach THAT goal, but I'm sticking with it! Good luck to everyone else!!
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    What a stressful week at work already!!! My CW is 174
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Hey all!!! WEIGH-IN DAY!!!!!!
    My CW is 171.2 so i'm down 0.8 from last week.
    I can' t wait for the day when I see the 160's!! SO CLOSE... My mini goal was to be 170 by March 5... that's in 2 days... not sure how i'm going to make that but here's to a focused month of March!
    We can do it together so stay focused! Everytime I get discouraged I check in to MFP and read other's blogs which has been so inspiring!
    NEXT GOAL is 169 by March 10.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    the scale this morning said 145.9. normally, i'd just say 146, but i'm going to take that [-.1] pound drop, darn it. :) i ate like crap this weekend with my sis in town (breakfast with mimosas, guac and chips for breakfast and an all-you-can-eat brazillion steakhouse for supper). she left yesterday, so after crappy breakfast and lunch choices, i chose to be under my calorie count for supper instead of worrying about all my food groups. i feel like i need to go into detox. lol. my goal is still the same. i hope you have a great week everybody!
    dawn
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Current weight - 166.8lbs
    Thanks!

Happy wednesday!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi Everyone, It seems to have been a tough week for a lot of people..... do stick with it and you WILL reach your goals!!! and don't forget to remind me of this when I have a bad week and gain!!!!

I am on target at 151.5 lbs today
    Goal for 3/10 is 150 lbs

Good Luck to you all.
  • KAG5150
    KAG5150 Posts: 15
    Options
    Good Morning,

Happy Hump day! So I lost some weight and I am shocked. Girl scout cookies came in and they are a big weakness for me. But I did have a stomach virus last week for a couple days so maybe that made up for it. I don't know. It reminds me of that scene in Devil Wears Prada where the girl says "I am just one flu away from my goal weight". Ha-ha. Cracks me up!

SW 166.8
    LW 165.8
    Weight today 164.2
    Mini Goal - 162
    Goal weight by 9/10 135

I am so glad to be losing. But typically I get right about to where I am and then start piling weight back on. It is like my body wants to be at 166-168. Don't know but if I can lose this week or maintain and get over this hump then I will feel better! Here is to a great week.
    Karil
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Weighing in!

Heaviest Weight (April 2009): 209.9

02/08 Starting weight: 188.0
    02/10 1st weight in: 186.6 (-1.4 lbs)
    02/17 185.6 (-1.0) (<-- TOM)
    02/24 183.8 (-1.8)
    03/03 182.4 (-0.6)
    03/10 (Mini Goal: 180)
    03/17
    03/24
    03/31
    04/07
    04/14
    04/21
    04/28
    05/05
    05/12
    05/19 (Mini goal: 165 -- my 30th birthday!!!)
    05/26
    06/02
    06/09
    06/16
    06/23
    06/30
    07/07
    07/14
    07/21
    07/28 (Mini goal: 155 -- hubby takes the bar exam!!!)
    08/04
    08/11
    08/18
    08/25
    09/01
    09/08
    09/11 (End Goal: 148)

It's only a small loss (.6) but it's been a steady (if slow) progression down this week -- better than the up and down fluctuations I was have the 2 prior weeks.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think my calories may be too low? I'm thinking of adding 100 cals to my daily intake and see how that pans out over the next few weeks.
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I stepped on the scale this morning and almost jumped for joy. Down two pounds since last Wednesday! YAY! Anyway, reading over the thread, I'd say a lot of us had a difficult time with the pizza over the weekend. My bf bought a pizza stone for us so we can make our own pizza. I haven't been able to get the crust right yet though---way too thick. That's good in that I only need one piece to fill me up, but I go way over my carb allowance for the day. I think I'll try pitas or tortillas for crust next time. He can have his thick crust, but I'd really rather be able to enjoy the toppings and not just the bread.

SW: 165
    CW: 163
    GW: 130
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Im lacking motivation and have not done so hot lately.... so no surprise that Im up 178.6. Plus i have my TOM.
    My goal is to be under 175. That was my weight on friday. I had such a great week last week. Now Im like sabotaging myself. I must stick to it.... Motivation welcome

CW- 178.6
    3.10.10 Goal- 175 (not looking good)
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    weighing in at 198.8. Was 201.4 last week, so almost three pounds!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    :still at 209 but that's good... put on some weight from amping up my work out last week . . . muscles retaining water all that jazz :)

so for next weeks' mini goal i should be on track?!?! :bigsmile:
  • tndiva10
    tndiva10 Posts: 22
    Options
    Well I am happy to report I am at 189! At our first weighin I was up 4 lbs to 194. Took me long enough but the scale is finally moving. I SWEAR it's the greek yogurt!

Start 190
    CW 189
    MG 187

Have a great day all.

As to PIZZA, if anybody reads Clean Eating Magazine, this month's issue has an entire section on pizza.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bleh, this is where I am at right now. Up a pound :cry: :cry:
    MFP starting weight 218
    2/8 210
    2/26 207
    3/3 208 :explode:
    Goal for this week is 3500 calorie burn. I am stalling out here. Trying to play around with the calories to see if I can get things moving again. Need to get back to the losing column.
  • missyannb85
    Options
    :noway: :noway: WEEK 3 WEIGH IN:noway: :noway:

Weights%20week%203.jpg

Lots of us had a bad week this week. Remember not to get down on yourself for bad weeks. This is about changing your lifestyle, not a quick fix. We all have a problem with food, that is why we are here together! Learning how to eat well with minimum cheats is a very hard task! Together I think we can figure it out, we have 27 weeks to work on it together!

On a personal note, I would really like to thank everyone for your support. This has been a very hard week on me but hearing your words of encouragement has helped. I have eaten so much crap this week it's disgusting. I feel sick and sluggish and I have no energy. It disgusts me that I used to eat fast food around 5 times a week up until a couple months ago. And it disgusts me even more that it makes me feel this way now! Thanks again everyone! I am so happy to have made such great friends on this site, it truly helps! Next week is going to be a fresh start for me in a new home with my family!

Keep it up guys, we can do it!
  • missyannb85
    Options
    P.S.
    Great Job
    Sheri3762
    Sspalding
    TnTHawkins

You guys are such an inspiration! If you have any special tips for us please share your secrets! You guys ROCK!