Need to lose between 30-40 lbs??

Options

Replies

• ambersfrog
    Options
    hiya!

well, i havent posted anything on here for awhile so i thought i'd add to what olive said....this site really is so helpful. my favorite thing is being able to go through ups and downs with everyone while we are all working toward a common goal. for the most part i am the "big girl " of my group of friends and while they try to encourage me its just not the same. speaking of downs, i am so sad to report that i have gained 4 lbs since my last weigh in....ugh!! its my first gain since starting and it doesnt feel good. on the plus side it is probably due to the fact that its my TOM and i drank a couple of times last week and got nowhere near the water intake i should have. so, i'll just put this week behind me and work on the things i know i need to fix and hopefully be back on track for next weeks weigh in. too bad i didnt reach my minigoal though :(
    good luck to everyone else on their weigh in!!! ---- amber
  • soniaahlu
    Options
    Hi guys! Im new to MFP and already love the site. I came across this group and I know its late, but I would love to join = ) I have 30 pounds to loose and am hoping to do it by the end of summer. Im 23 and about 6 months ago I started dieting/ exercising and felt great. However I got off my program around the holidays and have decided I need to get back into my groove. My downfalls are being lazy to go to the gym, late night snacking and eating/ going out on the weekends. Weighing in weekly and the support from this group will def help. Congrats on the weight the group has lost so far and keep up the good work!

Highest weight: 158
    Starting weight: 147
    Mini goal by 3/ 24: 143
    End goal by 9/11: 118 (my doctor set my goal between 115-120)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Amber... Thanks for your positive attitude and for not getting down on yourself. I could take a lesson from you!
    Sonia... Welcome!

I always feel like I'm the first one to wake up and post. (Such a morning person.)

GW for today: 188
    LW: 192.5
    CW: 195 :noway: (I'm regressing)
    MiniG (Mar 24): 191 :frown:
    GW (Sept 9): 155
  • verito
    verito Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! I want to report that I lost 2 more lbs this week. Also I ran 5k last Sunday in 42 minutes. I am really proud that I'm making progress. On Monday I woke up all sore..... but it was worth it. Thank you for all your suport and for being there. Every time that I feel the food is controling me, I think about all of you trying to achive your goals. Have a wonderful day and week!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Well, I didn't lose this week, but didn't gain either. This weight loss thing is a slow moving process for me and it's kind of taking a toll on me. I try to keep positive but feel a little down. Maybe it's all the other stuff going on in my life and I'm just trying to push those feelings off on my lack of weight loss progress so I can let myself fall off the wagon. It's not the site that's not working for me, it's me that's not working for me. My motivation was at an all time high and after going to visit family for a few days last weekend I feel lost. I hope to keep reading positive thoughts from all of you all and seeing your progress. It really is encouraging!
  • NaturalMom
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great week! I didn't do as well as hoped, but not as bad as feared either.

Goal Weight for today: 184
    Current weight: 186
    Mini Goal 3/24/10: 182
    End Goal 8/1/10: 155

I guess I didn't do too bad, but it is not where I want to be. My parents stayed with us last week and we ate out almost every meal. It is so difficult to stick to a diet when you aren't preparing the food yourself. Plus we had a lot of snack food and I didn't get to the gym at all. I feel so lethargic this week and am now also fighting a renewed caffeine addiction. I am still on track to lose all the weight in time, though, as long as I keep losing at least 1.5lbs a week.

Good luck this week, everybody!
  • MrsBig05
    MrsBig05 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to MFP and even though I'm a bit late I'd still like to start in with this challenge. My goal is to be down to the 140 range by the end of summer. I know I can do it!

My CW is 187.3
    My GW for March is 178
    My GW is 147

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

A little about me, I'm a 20 something married, mom of 2, and 1 furbaby weimaraner named Jameson. We are a military family who moves quite a bit and I'm an emotional eater. We're currently in Louisiana but will return to my home state of Florida in June. I'm looking forward to that! :-)
  • momofcrew
    Options
    Well, I didn't lose this week, but didn't gain either. This weight loss thing is a slow moving process for me and it's kind of taking a toll on me. I try to keep positive but feel a little down. Maybe it's all the other stuff going on in my life and I'm just trying to push those feelings off on my lack of weight loss progress so I can let myself fall off the wagon. It's not the site that's not working for me, it's me that's not working for me. My motivation was at an all time high and after going to visit family for a few days last weekend I feel lost. I hope to keep reading positive thoughts from all of you all and seeing your progress. It really is encouraging!

This is a long walk of doing the right thing. We are going to fall and mess up as we change the way we look at food and the influence it has over our lives. A good visual to help you continue to move in the right direction is a toddler when they are learning to walk. They want so much to run right away, don't they? But because they are learning not only the steps but coordination, balance and not to mention that thier little heads seem too big for thier bodies ( just like we have so much knowledge about what to do, but our bodies are not insync). Sometimes it appears that they get up a head of steam and thier heads are in front of the rest of thier body, causeing them to fall or crash. Even this is not failure, for they get up, they try again and most important, when they fall...they fall forward. Falling foward is still progress. You can do this! When you fall, fall forward, then get up and continue of this journey of choosing to get healthy. :wink:
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in and i'm 147 so i'm super happy yay!! Have to admit though i havent been watching what ive been eating or really exercising so dont know how i'm losing. I'm going to buckle down though from here on out before i start gaining again! I might be going to Maui in Dec so i want to be in the best shape of my life before then... We can do this yahoo!!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, its that time again!!! My weight for this week is 150.5 lbs

and my goal for 3/24/10 is 147.5 lbs

Good Luck to everyone!!!!
  • KAG5150
    KAG5150 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ladies,
    Good morning and happy weigh in day :) I lost a little (.5 bls) so I am happy. I didn't gain and I really felt like I was over my calorie goal by like 100 calories almost every day last week and we had a buffet for dinner on Saturday and that was hard. I don't typically like buffet food, but I LOVE the buffet desserts. All those desserts, no way I could choose just one ;) Anyway I have a 80's flashback party this weekend so I know I will be drinking some beer. But I am going to do Michelob Ultra (despite the fact that I really want some 300 calorie Hornsby) and try to eat light the rest of the day to keep my calories low. Saturday is typically my cheat day but I usually try to keep it within 300 calories of my goal. I typically do not exercise on Saturdays either, but I think will try at least 30 minutes on the elliptical (would really like to get an hour in for a burn of 600 calories, that is like 6 ultras). Anyway keep up the great work everyone and for those of you that have had a couple tough weeks, remember 1 day at a time.

SW 166.8
    LW 164.2
    Weight today 163.7
    Mini Goal by 3/24- 161
    Goal weight by 9/10 135

Karil
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my weight this morning was 145.8. a little disappointing that it is not more, but i'll take it. :) i'm down [.2] pounds total now. my goal for next week is 144 (a stretch given my progress, but i can dream, right? more realistically, it will be 145.5-145.7). i would love to get down to 140 and then i'll know that i am losing weight 'for real', you know? two-tenths of a pound could be anything. *sigh* i know this is a marathon not a sprint, so i'm trying to stay positive. :) hope everyone else is doing great!
    dawn
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Weighing in!

Heaviest Weight (April 2009): 209.9

02/08 Starting weight: 188.0
    02/10 1st weight in: 186.6 (-1.4 lbs)
    02/17 185.6 (-1.0) (<-- TOM)
    02/24 183.8 (-1.8)
    03/03 182.4 (-0.6)
    03/10 182.0 (-0.4)
    03/17
    03/24 (Mini Goal: 180)
    03/31
    04/07
    04/14
    04/21
    04/28
    05/05
    05/12
    05/19 (Mini goal: 172 -- my 30th birthday!!!)
    05/26
    06/02
    06/09
    06/16
    06/23
    06/30
    07/07
    07/14
    07/21
    07/28 (Mini goal: 162 -- hubby takes the bar exam!!!)
    08/04
    08/11
    08/18
    08/25
    09/01
    09/08
    09/11 (End Goal: 155)

My weight loss has slowed CONSIDERABLY over February and continues to slow into March. I've tweaked my diet (upped my cals from 1200 to 1360) and have incorporated eating ALL of my exercise cals -- went from a net cal intake of 800-1000 to right around 1360 -- my body is probably adjusting to this increase, but I'm hoping that once it recognizes the extra nutrition I'll start burning more fat again.

In the meantime, I've lowered all my goals to reflect an expected (hoped for?) loss of 1 pound per week from now through September. It may be that my expectations were set a little high. I'd rather set lower goals and meet them (or be pleasantly surprised if I surpass them), than set the bar too high and constantly be disappointed. This is going to be a long journey, and I need the motivation to stay the course.

"Slower is better than faster and burning out." --Tony Horton

Edited for typos.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day! Hip,Hip, Horrah! Well not good and not bad! MY goal was 207 I did not make it. I am still at 211. No lose this week but at least I did not gain. It is my own fault I had 2 good weeks and I got careless this week did not get my water in and took sips and licks that add up! My goal for March 17 will be 207. I need to get myself on track and stay focused this week. I hope everyone checks in and has a good day.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Its wednesday and we know what that means.

High weight:185
    LW: 178.8
    CW: 173.6!!!

I actually hit my 3/10 goal- it was 175 :)
    Its feeling very good to see these results. But it is a daily struggle. Everyday is hard to stay on track. Apparently its worth it to GET BaCK ON, when you fall.

Good luck everyonee!

Next goal: 3/24/10- 170
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    momofcrew, thanks for putting it into perspective for me! My husband always reminds me that it's a marathon and not a sprint, but I just want results, NOW. I have to be patient and just do the very best that I can and I will be successful. So, thanks again for the kind words!

I forgot to post this this morning.

Highest weight: 180

Current weight: 176.8, no change this week

Next goal weigtht: 174

Final goal weight: 140
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Welp it's weigh-in day and i'm sticking to my exercise routine and eating habits!!! WOOHOO

Starting weight: 184.8
    Current weight: 169
    Mini Goal 3/24/10: 167
    End Goal 5/1/10: 155!

Great job everyone with the weight-loss as a team!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    no change this week still 197 lb
    at least it hasn't gone up after this last weekend. I need to cut out sugar for the next week.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    no change this week still 197 lb
    at least it hasn't gone up after this last weekend. I need to cut out sugar for the next week.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    MFP starting weight 218
    2/8 210
    2/26 207
    3/3 208
    3/10 206.5! Yeah, lost back that stuff from last week! woo hoo!
    3/17 205 goal!