Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Ritchie-- How exciting!! Be sure to let us know when the big moment arrives!:heart:

Marla-- Hope the foot is better this morning:flowerforyou: Great run!!:drinker:

Sara-- Ditto what you said about everyone here. I :heart: this team, too:love:

Good luck to everyone with the Last Chance workout today! Here's hoping we can rock those scales tomorrow!!:drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yeah, great ticker Kati!

Tammy- hope the hubs is doing well

Jessica- congrats

Batman- sorry about the sucky hotel

Jeannie and .... uh, oh... Donna (? I think)- enjoy Zumba. I felt like an idiot at first to tell you the truth. My hips still don't move like the instructor's, but I'm not nearly as stiff either. The more I do it, the more fun I have. I even added some of the tunes to my ipod and I don't speak a lick of Spanish, I have no idea what they are saying.

Careful with that :laugh: I had downloaded a song with a great beat for salsa dancing............Was singing it at work and my friend said :" Oh, you want me to lick you from head to toe?!" :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Well, now here's the thing with the scale--

Getting on it daily is a much needed kick in the butt sometimes to stay tried and true-- "Oh, I'm up 2 pounds, need to watch it better today-- " and so on and so on--

If I only get on it once a week so as to avoid the unpleasant ups and downs, too often I see a truly unpleasant up.

So I battle the pros and cons of only weighing weekly.

I get that one. However, when I got on the scale yesterday and saw 4 extra pounds, I KNEW I had been making some bad choices, so it wasn't a total surprise.

The scale is dumb anyways! The daily fluctuations are enough to drive a person insane!

That said, I was thinking about stepping on this morning to see if any of those 4 pounds are gone so tomorrow isn't a shock. Although, does that start the vicious cycle all over again with the scale addiction? Hmmmmm.

Usually through the week is my good time, great exercise, on it eating, I was debating changing my weigh in to Friday or Satruday. I'm afraid that will give me the excuse for carte blanche over the weekeend though. Granted it would be nice if I do splurge a little on a weekend to have enough days to recover and work off the water weight.

Marla pointed out to me yesterday (since we are in synch) that it's PMS week. Grrrreeeeaat. I lose track sometimes, it comes around so bloomin' fast! Hopefully it will not be a repeat of last month. Nasty.

Alrighty, guess it's time to get the keister in gear. Busy day ahead. Need to get in some gym time for some legs and Zumba.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so stinkin' proud of myself. I finished a triathlon. Hee Hee! My next gym project is to start C25K and see what happens. I haven't ran for a while and it'll be my kind of outdoor running weather soon. Need to get my rear in gear!

Thanks for all of the support each and every day! It's wonderful to talk with those who get it, rather than some family and friends who just pretend they do :laugh:

Happy Monday friends!

Kati- Congrats on the Triatholon! THat is so awesome! and already you are planning your next project! You rock!:noway: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning team... We finally got our science fair project done last night at 10:30 and then I typed til 12:30 so once again I'm pooped. One of my son's friends lives with his father who doesn't take very much care as far as school work goes. He came over last night and had not started anything for his project, which is 2 science test grades, so I bought him some supplies and helped him get his project together. I let him use our "back-up" project for my son. We did two just in case one flopped. I have a hard time watching other kids go without if I can help. I think I need about a 36 hour day to get it all done. Oh well. I try every day to stop and be thankful that I have a job (actually 2) and can provide for my family because I know so many are out of work and don't have that blessing, but some days are just a little too much. Hubby is doing much better. We go for his first follow up today. My oldest had to order his class ring today to the tune of $475, which made me really glad I have 2 jobs:laugh: Have a great last chance workout and good luck tomorrow for weigh-in.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good morning team... We finally got our science fair project done last night at 10:30 and then I typed til 12:30 so once again I'm pooped. One of my son's friends lives with his father who doesn't take very much care as far as school work goes. He came over last night and had not started anything for his project, which is 2 science test grades, so I bought him some supplies and helped him get his project together. I let him use our "back-up" project for my son. We did two just in case one flopped. I have a hard time watching other kids go without if I can help. I think I need about a 36 hour day to get it all done. Oh well. I try every day to stop and be thankful that I have a job (actually 2) and can provide for my family because I know so many are out of work and don't have that blessing, but some days are just a little too much. Hubby is doing much better. We go for his first follow up today. My oldest had to order his class ring today to the tune of $475, which made me really glad I have 2 jobs:laugh: Have a great last chance workout and good luck tomorrow for weigh-in.

being as I was the 'other' kid that someone helped....let me just say you will never know how much you helped him. When I am getting a promotion at work, I think about the people who believed in me when I was a lost kid........Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jeannie and Tammy ... hugs to you both.

It is humbling having to be on the receiving end for so long of people's kindness. My daughter, Sarah, has been given so much in her golf, and now Hope in her soccer (registration fees waived) because folks know that we are just not able to provide certain things for them with our finances being the way they are.

I am really hoping for the day when I can stop taking, and start giving back. It is humiliating. But, I am so grateful for the generosity of people like you.
  • Doreenpao
    Doreenpao Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been MIA lately... I have been very busy with guests, birthdays, banquets, etc... I am back on track this week. I am losing again... hope all is well with everyone... HOpe to catch up soon.
    :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

It is humbling having to be on the receiving end for so long of people's kindness. My daughter, Sarah, has been given so much in her golf, and now Hope in her soccer (registration fees waived) because folks know that we are just not able to provide certain things for them with our finances being the way they are.

I am really hoping for the day when I can stop taking, and start giving back. It is humiliating. But, I am so grateful for the generosity of people like you.

Yes but remember.....those of us who are giving now are doing so because of the kindness others showed us in the past.

You DO give.......everyday when I want to complain about my exercise and my pain, I think of you and suck it the heck up!!:smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have been MIA lately... I have been very busy with guests, birthdays, banquets, etc... I am back on track this week. I am losing again... hope all is well with everyone... HOpe to catch up soon.
    :heart:

Hey Dor.......glad to have ya back!
  • zippy111
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone!

Marla - Congrats on your decision to do the half. It is amazing when you are training for something that you have a different mindset when starting out for a training run. Sometimes running the short 3/4 miles is harder to do then a longer run...it is so mental. Once you put your head into a 7-8 mile run you CAN do it! When I run with my neighbor at 5:15 AM (BLEH) during the week we only run 3 miles. Those runs are harder than the weekend long runs! I am so proud of you! You are making me sign up for a 1/2 .....not yet but soon! I was going to sign up for the Asbury Park 1/2 but it turned out to be the same weekend as my son's show. I don't think he would understand if I missed it!:sad:

Tammy- Glad to hear your DH is on the mend. Don’t you just love those science projects? I was so proud of my..oops…I mean my son’s project. We got a 98%! And so great that you are to help another.

Kati – Did I congratulate you yet? I did in my mind and don’t know if I posted.

Lori - I’m right there with you on the lack of self control thing! I’m afraid to report in ! You seem to be much more diligent than I am!

Tanya- Your abs hurt??? It is a good thing! DH and I were doing these Abs exercises yesterday and I can barely move. I thought I was doing them before but it’s funny when someone else is watching you do them you HAVE to work harder! Good for you in all you do..especially with those little munchkins.

Sara - I love that your hookers where clothes! I need to get one of those Heart monitors that everyone talks about.

Richie – Can’t wait to hear of your great news. Let us know when the big moment arrives!

Roni - Have told you yet that I love the new hairdo? It looks great!

Hello to everyone else. Hope to get a last chance workout tonight! Still trying to work off all the bad sweet temptations!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • 72lori
    Options

Tanya- Your abs hurt??? It is a good thing! DH and I were doing these Abs exercises yesterday and I can barely move. I thought I was doing them before but it’s funny when someone else is watching you do them you HAVE to work harder! Good for you in all you do..especially with those little munchkins.

:bigsmile: Instant mind in the gutter. DH and you doing ab exercises, huh? I'm sure DH was happy at all the effort you put in and how hard you worked. :wink:
  • zippy111
    Options

:bigsmile: Instant mind in the gutter. DH and you doing ab exercises, huh? I'm sure DH was happy at all the effort you put in and how hard you worked. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I need to put my mind in the gutter more often
  • 72lori
    Options
    I played a game today. It was called "If It's Not Nailed Down, Eat It". It wasn't all that fun, but I kept playing anyway.

At one point, in the middle of making dinner, I felt the need to stick a spoon in the ice cream tub. I was enjoying my spoonful of ice cream, nummy nummy, I went to the pantry to get something and I heard someone coming. I stuck my arm in the pantry to 'hide' my ice cream and pretend I was looking for something. It was DS14. I was pretending to search hard, I even added a few "I can't find it's" in there. Before I knew it DS12 arrived. Crap!

I laid my spoonful of ice cream on the wire shelf, then I realized it would melt down through because they weren't leaving and I'd have a mess to clean up, so I moved it to the top of the raisins and closed the pantry door. Enter DS9 and DH. They were all talking and telling me stuff.

All I could think was that my ice cream was melting on the raisin lid (not because of the mess so much, but because I still wanted to EAT it). I was trying to figure out how to get it out of there with all of them looking at me. How do I explain a spoonful of melted ice cream on top of the raisin container in the pantry? I couldn't come up with anything.

Finally they all walked out of the kitchen and I ran and shoved the spoon in my mouth and wiped up the melted evidence.

Sad, so very sad. If it weren't so funny that I was trying hard to hide the fact that I was eating ice cream right before dinner I would probably be horrified by my actions. Truth be told though, I'm still laughing. :laugh: Ice cream and I go back, way back.
  • tamelab
    Options
    I played a game today. It was called "If It's Not Nailed Down, Eat It". It wasn't all that fun, but I kept playing anyway.

At one point, in the middle of making dinner, I felt the need to stick a spoon in the ice cream tub. I was enjoying my spoonful of ice cream, nummy nummy, I went to the pantry to get something and I heard someone coming. I stuck my arm in the pantry to 'hide' my ice cream and pretend I was looking for something. It was DS14. I was pretending to search hard, I even added a few "I can't find it's" in there. Before I knew it DS12 arrived. Crap!

I laid my spoonful of ice cream on the wire shelf, then I realized it would melt down through because they weren't leaving and I'd have a mess to clean up, so I moved it to the top of the raisins and closed the pantry door. Enter DS9 and DH. They were all talking and telling me stuff.

All I could think was that my ice cream was melting on the raisin lid (not because of the mess so much, but because I still wanted to EAT it). I was trying to figure out how to get it out of there with all of them looking at me. How do I explain a spoonful of melted ice cream on top of the raisin container in the pantry? I couldn't come up with anything.

Finally they all walked out of the kitchen and I ran and shoved the spoon in my mouth and wiped up the melted evidence.

Sad, so very sad. If it weren't so funny that I was trying hard to hide the fact that I was eating ice cream right before dinner I would probably be horrified by my actions. Truth be told though, I'm still laughing. :laugh: Ice cream and I go back, way back.

Funny...I played that same game this past weekend!
  • tamelab
    Options

Yes but remember.....those of us who are giving now are doing so because of the kindness others showed us in the past.

You DO give.......everyday when I want to complain about my exercise and my pain, I think of you and suck it the heck up!!:smokin:

Marla...You shouldn't be humiliated. Everyone needs help sometimes. I'm glad you have such good people in your lives:smile: .
  • tamelab
    Options
    OK team...I just did Turbo Jam 20 minute workout and I have come to one conclusion. I have the rhythm of a rock. I spent a good bit of my workout just trying to figure out how she turned her legs when she did this move or how she was turning when she did that move, etc... I hope it gets better as I do it more. I can't imagine that watching the TV in total confusion burned too many calories:laugh:
  • 72lori
    Options
    OK team...I just did Turbo Jam 20 minute workout and I have come to one conclusion. I have the rhythm of a rock. I spent a good bit of my workout just trying to figure out how she turned her legs when she did this move or how she was turning when she did that move, etc... I hope it gets better as I do it more. I can't imagine that watching the TV in total confusion burned too many calories:laugh:

I have that same rhythm. I was the same way at Zumba. I finally got to the point that if I was moving, I was happy. So what if I don't look exactly like the instructor. Put your own spin on it, have fun and burn some calories.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I have that same rhythm. I was the same way at Zumba. I finally got to the point that if I was moving, I was happy. So what if I don't look exactly like the instructor. Put your own spin on it, have fun and burn some calories.

I'm similar in my Dancing with the Stars video, especially when it comes to the Latin dances. Me no comprende. I muddle through, even though I'm just ohhhh so white bread. Not a Latin cell in my being. My hips just won't move that way, guys. Not happenin'. But, I must say I did much better today (so did Sarah) than the other day. And I sweat like a pig, which is all that matters.

But, when they start dancing the jive? Now, we're talking-- I'm soooo there, my people-- I can jive with the best of 'em. That's how I used to dance in my prime, my beloved team-- I was a dancin' fool.

Rather tough dancing on the carpet with aerobic sneakers, but it is what it is. I'm not about to install a parquet floor and buy some capezios, you know what I'm sayin'?
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    Donated blood tonight. I was the last donor of the night so they sent home with me, 4 sandwiches - two turkey and two egg salad. Egg salad sounded so good. When I got home DH had baked up some chicken patties and those too, sounded good. So I had both. I knew I was okay with calories b/c of the workout at noon today. But when I stopped to get gas, I also grabbed a small hot chocolate. I've been drinking water like crazy so I hope that will offset the calories and sodium from today. I'm hoping the nausea and wooziness passes soon. Heading to bed!