Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow....ladies....what stories. It is amazing how you have come together...
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey-- just weighing in with one last blurb on toxic people--

For my mental health, I've estranged myself from much of my extended family. One brother is a sex offender who was in prison, one should be for child abuse, my father is an enabler who cut me off for reporting the abusive brother to social services-- and my mother is a two-faced enabler who likes to play Rodney King-- "Can't we all just get along."

I speak to her very seldomly, and not at all to the other three mentioned.

Thankfully, I do have one brother, my eldest, who is aces and with whom I'm very close.

Love knowing you guys all better--

need to scoot--
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    So on the one day that I decide to eat in the cafeteria, throwing my health lifestyle and financial diet to the wind, the dang cafeteria is closed for study day.....:grumble:
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So on the one day that I decide to eat in the cafeteria, throwing my health lifestyle and financial diet to the wind, the dang cafeteria is closed for study day.....:grumble:

Good for you! That was a sign or karma or something like that...you weren't suppose to eat there today. The healthy God's have a a way of keeping us in line!:laugh:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Kati - that made me smile . It was meant to be, karma as sam said.

Marla - you are an amazing lady, hats off to you for what you have and do do. A bit of a weird one, but thankyou for letting your daughter go to high school. There are times that I hated my family for making me lose my childhood but through working this through I know that they hadno choice, Thank you for allowing your daughter to grow. You and your hubby are amazing parents and I would love to meet you all one day.

Roni - you are an amzing lady and thank you for sharing your story. I found it hard to write mine, so I can not imagine what you went through to write yours. HUGS xx

Lori - I have 2 step sisters (both older than me), and can see what you are saying about treating all of your children the same etc. My step mum definately put her children ( and my sister) before me, but we have worked through that and now get along ok, not great but ok.

To everyone else, hello.

Have had a grotty 2 days, no exercise yesterday so felt all out of sync, and I couldn't handle the children today so we went for a walk in the drizzle to the supermarket - to get out of the house. I managed to do exercise today,and have stayed in my calories, so hopefully doing ok. (If I had TOM I would definately say it was now, but urgh!!! ). Going to say night all, having a glass of wine with dh and then going to bed as has another day full of children tomorrow. xx
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great stories...

MIne is pretty good, My mom and dad has three children, I am the baby and the only girl.. They stayed married until I was about 12 years old then they got a divorce, my dad was an alcohlic, not abusive one, one that gave us the world when he was drinking. I was raised in Hinkley Ca where the Erin Brochvich was filmed and my dad worked at the company they sued... We did pretty much what we wanted if our grades were good.

After mom and dad divorced I went to live with my dad and my brothers went to live with my mom and we swapped on the weekend I would go to mom and brother would come to dads...so I never saw my brother..hardly..

Then my dad took a job in another town when I was in high school and so it was either move with him or move in with mom and at this point step-dad...I moved in with them....I dated loser after loser after loser. My dated one guy mom and stepdad hated him told me to break up with him, I told them I did and then had to turn right around and tell them I was pregnant with his child. Boy were they not happy, my stepdad saved me from getting killed by my mom..My mom look at me at 17 and said you have one choice to make, I said I am keeping the baby..Soon after I married the guy( Big mistake) He is a drug dealer and in a gang...After my son was born in nov I left him in feb and moved to tn, to get away from the abuse...he wasnt around for the deliever of my son he was to busy cheating on me...

When my son was 2 years old, I met my now husband in a nashville chat room, we dated 2 days and I moved in the third day....Then we got married..after he paid for my divorce from my first husband....In April 2004 he adopted my son and in Aug 2004 we had another baby. My husband and I will be together for 10 years in may..So things are pretty amazing..

So I told you my story was boring..I cater to my child they have almost everything they could want and need..I never went without and either do they.

Well sats are my new days off and I vow to spend all day with mu kiddos...no more missing out on there life. Signed my son up for baseball yesterday super excited for ball to start again...Well off to make my dinner hope everyone had a great weigh in~~~
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    The lady at the kid’s middle school that worked in the attendance office passed away Sunday night. She was mid 40’s, had two kids in middle school, wasn’t sick, just died unexpectedly in her sleep, they still don’t know why. I read her obituary today. Everybody said how delightful and positive she was all the time. I know the few times I had contact with her, that’s exactly how she was. In her obituary it said her last Facebook post late Sunday night said, “Happy heart….Life is good.”

It makes me think on more level than one. Life is short, you never know what is around the corner, what obstacles you have to deal with next, what may or may not happen. So often we take things for granted, we expect that tomorrow is going to come. If I didn’t wake up tomorrow, what would my last Facebook post say? The first thing that popped in my head was that I would be grumbling or complaining about something. Great way to be remembered.

I really want to be one of those positive delightful people- all the time. Funny how the story about somebody I only had brief contact with makes you want to be a better person yourself.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey guys!

Sorry about the delay on results and a new challenge. I will have it posted later this evening. Just got home from my crazy week. I'll have some time after the kids go to bed.

See ya in a bit!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Week 7 and results. Sorry for the delay folks!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/82363-black-team-week-7