Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    appy Valentins Day everyone. I finally got my engagement ring last night at dinner. it is beautiful. Try to stay away from the candy today and enjoy the ones you love. :love:

smiley-happy120.gifsmiley-dance010.gifsmiley-happy023.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentins Day everyone. I finally got my engagement ring last night at dinner. it is beautiful. Try to stay away from the candy today and enjoy the ones you love. After all that is what today is all about. Not just boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, or wives, but about all friends and family that we love and that are of any real importance in our lives. Have a truly wonderful and beautiful day each and every one of you. :love:

Happy Valentines Day to you...and CONGRATS!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day team...I just got back from the gym and feel so much better. Sometimes it is hard for me to get motivated but then it is so worth it. The sun is out here today but it is still cold. Gotta get started typing. Hopefully hubby can manage without me for a little while (still gotta pay the bills). Have a wonderful day.

Jessica...Congrats on your engagement ring:smile:

Marla...We didn't do anything for Valentine's Day because of hubby's surgery so I got myself one pack of those mini size Almond Joy candy bars, about 8 in a pack. My plan was to eat one a day but so far that has not worked. It think maybe I'll finish them off and be done with it!

Good job on the ab work you guys! You inspire me.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Sitting here playing and watching TV when I see Richard Simmons telling me to dance away the pounds........So I did! 55 minutes of dancing like an oldie :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sitting here playing and watching TV when I see Richard Simmons telling me to dance away the pounds........So I did! 55 minutes of dancing like an oldie :laugh:

Uh, isn't that dancing "TO" the oldies? :laugh:

So funny, though, that you mentioned this-- I saw yesterday in Wal-Mart a "Dancing with the Stars" exercise video-- and decided not to purchase it, but Sarah and Faith were just talking about exercising and dancing, blah, blah, blah-- so I told them about it and just sent them to the store to buy it.

They say the exercises are based off dances in the show-- sounds like a blast.

I'll let you know--

Later!!!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

So funny, though, that you mentioned this-- I saw yesterday in Wal-Mart a "Dancing with the Stars" exercise video-- and decided not to purchase it, but Sarah and Faith were just talking about exercising and dancing, blah, blah, blah-- so I told them about it and just sent them to the store to buy it.

I'll let you know--

Later!!!!!!!!

Marla I will send you mine! Serously........I get bored with them and they are collecting dust!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options

I'll let you know--

Later!!!!!!!!

Your girls would love Zumba. Although the class at my gym isn't quite as Latin inspired as the ones I've seen in the videos. They throw in some hip hop, latin stuff, make up their own stuff. I have no coordination for such things, but I :heart: it. I am getting better the more I do it.
  • Marla64
    Options

I'll let you know--

Later!!!!!!!!

Marla I will send you mine! Serously........I get bored with them and they are collecting dust!

Do you have the Dancing to the Stars ones?
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    EVening Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day...or as my dear 18 year old daughter calls is "Happy reminder your single day!" she is too funny. DH is making dinner as I write...a nice London Broil on the grill(Tanya did that come from you?:wink: DH is freezing is butt off out there but it's what he wanted to do.

We had a great workout at the Y this morning. An hour on the elliptical for 700 cal burned so I'm looking forward to a nice dinner and many sweets with my sweetie.

Lori- I'm going to try Zumba this week. I heard it is a blast!

Tanya - Hope your home is out of quarantined soon! Tammy - Glad your DH is feeling better.

Need to catch up on everyone. Congrats on your engagement ring Jessica.

Will come later....DH is calling...
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Sorry - "Happy reminder you're Single Day" I know better!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I'll let you know--

Later!!!!!!!!

Do you have the Dancing to the Stars ones?

YES!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I'll let you know--

Later!!!!!!!!

Your girls would love Zumba. Although the class at my gym isn't quite as Latin inspired as the ones I've seen in the videos. They throw in some hip hop, latin stuff, make up their own stuff. I have no coordination for such things, but I :heart: it. I am getting better the more I do it.

I am setting my alarm now for tomorrow night. The gym has Zumba at 7 pm...Mondays are baaaad....for me. But no excuses! I really want to try it!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I am tired of working out and seeing no results. I am having a very hard time with portion control. I feel hungry all the time lately. Good Job to all of you who are doing good. I need your help and advice. :ohwell:

I'd love to throw some advice your way. Can you give me an idea of what you are doing for workouts ect. Durations, types of workouts. Is your food diary public? Give me a few days of reviewing your food and let me know what your workout regime looks like and I can maybe see what's holding you up. Either way, we are here for you and want you to succeed. Keep it up Jessica.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Well, just between you, me and the lamppost-- and everybody on the Internet who wishes to read this-- ha-- it's more just a snit somebody got into this morning.

But, I heard about how much time I'll need to train, the money to sign up-- blah, blah, blah-- I was the worst kind of selfish mother imaginable this morning for even thinking of it-- :noway: just "because somebody else on a website wants to" blah, blah, blah--

I'm still training for it, and will save my money in bits and pieces. It's not expensive at all-- so I'll be putting dribs and drabs in my savings drawer and when I have it saved, I'll sign up.

And when the snit blows over, which they always do, it won't be an issue-- same ol', same ol'--

Totally understandable and I know what you mean about snits. Often times the stresses of life manifest themselves in weird places. I know sometimes I am a complete git about things that I should have no problem with. One of the wonders of being a man I guess. We mean well.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hey Black Team,

Looks like everyone has had a good Valentine's day. It's Valentine's day and I am in a Hotel room 130 miles away from my wonderful wife. Stupid work. I suppose the good news is that we had a wonderful Valentine's celebration last night. Nothing major. DW cooked up some wonderful Filet Mignon and we had a nice dinner after the kids went to bed. Also made a desert from one of out favorite resturants down in our home town. They were kind enough to have the recipe on their website. The "Peanut Butter Thing" Is Essentially a mixture of Vanilla Ice Cream, peanut butter cookie doe and chocolate chips layered in a spring form pan with crushed oreos and covered with chocolate and caramel sauces. It's essentially all things evil and is completely delicious. lol. Didnt have a ton of money lying around so DW got a card, lindor truffles, Fuzzy pink socks and a copy of "Bridget Jones' Diary, which I proceeded to sit through after dinner. (There in lies the true gift. Watching girl movie with no whining.) Anyway, it was a wonderful evening as most evenings with that woman tend to be. (Happy Valentine's day hun. I miss ya.)

So I am in the wonderful Comfort Suites in Haverhill Mass. I will be here until thursday so I will miss weigh in this week. For those of you who werent around the last time I stayed in this particular hotel or don't remember, this is the hotel with the fitness room that is hazardous. I believe I referred to it's harzardous conditions by comparing it to working out in a room full of broken glass and rabid wolverines. I think all the equipment is older than I am and half of it doesnt work. Shameful the places I have to stay in. The last hotel I stayed in a couple of weeks ago wasnt much better. In fact on a prior stay a co-worker of mine pushed the elevator button only to find a topless passed out hooker laying on the floor. I'm tellin ya, not the Ritz people. lol Ah well, I'm gonna get ready to head to bed. Gotta be up mega early. Enjoy the rest of your night guys and kick some but before the weigh ins!

:drinker:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    Signature alert!!!!!!!!
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I haven't filled ou tmy food diary in a while like I should have been. I will start doing that again faithfully. I go to the Y 4 days a week. two days of cardio and two days of strength training.
    I am tired of working out and seeing no results. I am having a very hard time with portion control. I feel hungry all the time lately. Good Job to all of you who are doing good. I need your help and advice. :ohwell:

I'd love to throw some advice your way. Can you give me an idea of what you are doing for workouts ect. Durations, types of workouts. Is your food diary public? Give me a few days of reviewing your food and let me know what your workout regime looks like and I can maybe see what's holding you up. Either way, we are here for you and want you to succeed. Keep it up Jessica.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Signature alert!!!!!!!!

Woo-hoooooooooo--

Go Kati-- go Kati-- go Kati!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Yeah, great ticker Kati!

Tammy- hope the hubs is doing well

Jessica- congrats

Batman- sorry about the sucky hotel

Jeannie and .... uh, oh... Donna (? I think)- enjoy Zumba. I felt like an idiot at first to tell you the truth. My hips still don't move like the instructor's, but I'm not nearly as stiff either. The more I do it, the more fun I have. I even added some of the tunes to my ipod and I don't speak a lick of Spanish, I have no idea what they are saying.

I'm sure there were more of you I meant to comment on. Brain is done for the day.

I really didnt have a great weekend with food. Not hideous, but not great either. I seem to have a fab week followed by a slack too much week. Can't decide if it's because after the great week I'm sick of it and need a break or what. I need to figure out how to have several consecutive weeks of good. Dude, time for bed, just tried to spell consecutive with a Q in the middle. :laugh: At least I'm not so tired I didn't realize it didn't look right.

Night team!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Kati - congrats on the ticker. Are you going to adjust your ticker or start a new one?

Andrew - sorry that the hotel is so lousy. I remember ( in the dim distant past) when I used to stay at hotels when I worked in recruitment (of graduates) we used to make sure they had all the facilities - gym, pool, bar etc and all the graduates wanted was the bar and I never had the time to use the pool:grumble: . Sorry that you have had to be away from beth on valentines, and also hope that you have a goodish week in your hotel.

Marla - did the girls get the dvd for you? I have loads of dvds here that I have brought and got boarded of but they are region 2

Jessica - congrats on the engagement

Lori - you had an excuse for a bad weekend

Jeannie - hope you make it to the zumba class

Donna - I wish we'd had london broil last night. We had roast lamb, with the trimmings and the 2 youngest didn't touch any of it :mad:

To everyone I have missed hello and happy monday.

The 2 little men have woken up early and decided that they are awake so mummy must be too :huh: , I managed to stay in bed until 6.45 and we then came downstairs to find that it is foggy out, so plans for today are currently being changed. Might send eldest son to the supermarket to get some caster sugar so that we can make some cakes with the minded children. The boys are now watching James Bond, while I am on here. Better go will pop in later xx