Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :heart:

Actually come to think of it.... part of the reason I might feel like crap today could very well be becasue of the way I ate last night. Hmmmm, maybe I'm on to something. So, when in doubt, medicate your 'I feel like crap over food' with, what else, more bad food! :noway: Kidding. I think I need some fruit and veges.

smiley-think004.gif
    One of the many things I love about out team....think, and make changes! Love ya girl!:heart:

What I love about the black team, all day I kept thinking to myself, "Why do I feel like dirt?' It didn't occur to me until I was on here venting! It's like thinking out loud. Sure it might not be the way I ate.... but I'm willing to bet it very well could be! The biggest thing was the 1/3 of a blooming onion that I ate. I haven't had anything deep fried for a LONG, long time. Ok, so the fatty ranch dressing, big steak and cheesecake for dessert weren't so great either. :noway: But I did get steamed veggies for my side. :tongue:

You had a bloomin' onion?

Drool.

y24.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Marla and Lori- You can both SO do it! Just increase your mileage slowly and practice pacing yourselves. I wish there was a half in the fall in a central location that we could all easily get to. How awesome would that be????

Well-- not celebrating quite yet-- significant resistance already on my end-- rather annoyed right now. :explode:

But, I shall zip my lip from this point on-- :grumble:

We'll see-- I'm still going to train for it. And see what happens.

Forgive me for being nosy, but exactly why are you getting so much resistance?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well, just between you, me and the lamppost-- and everybody on the Internet who wishes to read this-- ha-- it's more just a snit somebody got into this morning.

But, I heard about how much time I'll need to train, the money to sign up-- blah, blah, blah-- I was the worst kind of selfish mother imaginable this morning for even thinking of it-- :noway: just "because somebody else on a website wants to" blah, blah, blah--

I'm still training for it, and will save my money in bits and pieces. It's not expensive at all-- so I'll be putting dribs and drabs in my savings drawer and when I have it saved, I'll sign up.

And when the snit blows over, which they always do, it won't be an issue-- same ol', same ol'--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Jeannie- aha moments are the best.

Marla- blooming onion. I LOVE those things, I can't stop once I start. I was going to try and talk DH out of ordering one and then low and behold, Outback had a V-day special right there on the table... the only one. Blooming Onion, 2- 9 oz sirloin specials with 2 sides each and cheesecake to share for $34.99. It was a sign from God. I had to eat it. :laugh: We'll go with that anyway.

Marla- snits, don't you love 'em? Mine has been wound flipping tighter than anything today. It's eased a bit, but yeesh for real!

I felt bad for not helping him earlier (after I complained about him) so I went out and was offering my assistance in getting the wire through the soffit. He would say push, the second I would start he would scream "STOP". Whatever. Grump a$s. :grumble:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Wow, I am so impressed and proud of all the marathon-ee's and half marathon-ee's on this team! You guys are truly an inspiration:flowerforyou: I wish everyone of you that are brave enough to venture into that the BEST of the best wishes for your training and the big day!!:drinker:

Mmmm, blooming onions:love::love: Once I start on one of those, I cant seem to stop eating them either!:laugh: Thank goodness I dont get the oppurtunity to eat one more than once a year:wink:

Well, have a lovely Valentine's Day Black Team!!:heart::heart: Catch you all later!:smile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Confession: I have never had a Bloomin Onion...because I hate onions. :sick: I did, however, enjoy a half order of steak fries yesterday.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Have managed to do the shred dvd today and did the first set of push ups properly :happy: , and the rest of level 1 at the full intensity. I then follwed this by 21 minutes on the bike, would of been longer but the little one that I look after woke up :grumble: (I know its a sunday, but mum is ill and also has work to do so offered to have her for a few hours - what's 1 more when I already have 4 :laugh: )

The boys broke up from school of friday for half term holiday, and I have already lost Thomas (10) to his friends house and we don't usually have any idea when he is going to come home, it could be 1 night..... it could be the whole of half term its sort of a fluid agreement :laugh: . Samuel (12) is now in his room with the hump, as he has nowhere to go and I am refusing to have anyone over until the sickness bug has left the little ones - as I type this they are both dozing off :huh:

Lori, I think I can see where the tummy ache and feeling ill was coming from. I can't eat fatty foods at all now, they upset me and make me ill (good side effect I guess - not interested in macdonalds or burger king at all now but could kill for a domino's). Hope your hubs has calmed down.

Marla, hope that your hubs has calmed down as well, and way to go on aiming to do the half marathon.

Morning and hello to everyone else, hope you all have a good valentines. xx
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Well, just between you, me and the lamppost-- and everybody on the Internet who wishes to read this-- ha-- it's more just a snit somebody got into this morning.

But, I heard about how much time I'll need to train, the money to sign up-- blah, blah, blah-- I was the worst kind of selfish mother imaginable this morning for even thinking of it-- :noway: just "because somebody else on a website wants to" blah, blah, blah--

I'm still training for it, and will save my money in bits and pieces. It's not expensive at all-- so I'll be putting dribs and drabs in my savings drawer and when I have it saved, I'll sign up.

And when the snit blows over, which they always do, it won't be an issue-- same ol', same ol'--

Good for you!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have never had a Bloomin Onion...because I hate onions. :sick: I did, however, enjoy a half order of steak fries yesterday.

I haven't had one either. Not that I don't like onions but I have known the calorie count for one of those things even before I cared about what I was eating and I couldn't bring myself to eat one.

Happy V day everyone
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I haven't had one either. Not that I don't like onions but I have known the calorie count for one of those things even before I cared about what I was eating and I couldn't bring myself to eat one.

Happy V day everyone

Yeah Sam.....they are killer!! I would rather have someones sweet cookies :love:

I had one last year...well like 3 straws with the dip and my stomach hurt for 3 days. Not worth it.

Hope you have a happy and blue skied Vday! even if it is freezing:heart::heart:
  • Marla64
    Options

Happy V day everyone

Sorta like me and Big Macs over the years-- once I learned the calorie count-- 563, if I remember correctly-- I wouldn't go near one. I'd just eat 563 calories of other things-- ha.

Like chocolate, for example-- almost-- my daughters bought me a Russell Stover's Valentine Heart with 3 pieces of chocolate in it-- 250 freakin calories-- but, they were delicious for breakfast-- yes, breakfast.

I'm up 5 pounds since Wednesday-- still battling the sodium from the wings at Applebees the other day. Had a good day yesterday, and will get a good run in today, later.

For now, heading to type--

Later-- have a great day all-- Happy :heart: Day!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    So I met with a friend yesterday and she was saying how it was cool I lost weight, but I didn't have as much as she did to lose so I could never understand. That because she has over 100 pounds to lose, she MUST have the sx in order to lose it.

I was non judgemental...........I pray I came off the way I wanted to, because I love her.

I then gave her this website, our team name and pointed out multiple 100+ losers of all ages, sexes, heights and races.

I hope if she is reading this now she will look at all of your profiles to see where you started, and how you got here
    LOL........I dont know your screen names just your real ones!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Happy V day everyone

Sorta like me and Big Macs over the years-- once I learned the calorie count-- 563, if I remember correctly-- I wouldn't go near one. I'd just eat 563 calories of other things-- ha.

Like chocolate, for example-- almost-- my daughters bought me a Russell Stover's Valentine Heart with 3 pieces of chocolate in it-- 250 freakin calories-- but, they were delicious for breakfast-- yes, breakfast.

I'm up 5 pounds since Wednesday-- still battling the sodium from the wings at Applebees the other day. Had a good day yesterday, and will get a good run in today, later.

I swear I blame it on age Marla! I go up and down the same 3 pounds.....Eat chinese...gain 3 pounds......eat salad for 3 days lose 3 pounds...Kelly on the other hand loses the 5 and it is gone........pfft.......Kids:grumble:
  • Marla64
    Options

Happy V day everyone

I swear I blame it on age Marla! I go up and down the same 3 pounds.....Eat chinese...gain 3 pounds......eat salad for 3 days lose 3 pounds...Kelly on the other hand loses the 5 and it is gone........pfft.......Kids:grumble:

Seriously-- and then there's the kids like my 18 year old Sarah who inherited a METABOLISM, and can eat whatever she wants. So all of her cardio and weight training is just the beautiful icing on a gorgeous cake-- *****. :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Got another chocolate heart-- this one with 4 pieces of "Elmer's" Chocolate-- crappy stuff--

Ate every piece-- 290 more calories.

Help-- somebody.
  • 72lori
    Options

Oddly, I don't eat onions either. Bread and deep fry one and things change. :laugh:

Edit to add: yes I know the calorie count, ate it anyway. :ohwell:

Jeannie, it wasn't so much my stomach that hurt. It's hard to explain. I felt sick, but not so much stomach sick. More that 'I need food, I have low sugar, I feel weird in a way I can't put my finger on' kinda way. Make sense?
  • 72lori
    Options
    Got another chocolate heart-- this one with 4 pieces of "Elmer's" Chocolate-- crappy stuff--

Ate every piece-- 290 more calories.

Help-- somebody.

Awww, your kids love you. Mabye you should save any more love you get for another day.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Things are calm and relaxed in the house today. Thank you God! Hubs hung a new light in DD room, over the dining room table and is getting ready to jump into the lights outside again.

It's a beautiful day, around 55 and bright and sunny. Tomorrow the new furnace and AC unit come, I need to do some clean up and getting ready for that. We hare having them move the outside unit futher away from the pool and our outdoor living space, so I need to do some moving around of mulch and dirt.

Cooked breakfast for my gang. I really don't mind, but from the time I start until the time I get cleaned up it eats 2 hours out of my morning. It's 11:30 already, first I sat down and I was out of bed and working by 8:00. Still have tons to do, so I guess I need to run.

I got little treat bags for the kids and bought a few things of candy and gum for them for Valentines day. Hubs in his grumbly mood yesterday said they don't need to get stuff for every holiday that they get enough. (I believe he was referring to a house, food, clothes.) I told him I spent less than $5 each and I liked to do things that made them smile.

All of them had big smiles this AM when they saw a little treat bag on the counter. Totally worth it. I also made some of the pancakes heart shaped, which I thought the older boys would be like 'whatever' but those were the ones they ate. They thought it was funny. Glad I did a few things to give them a few smiles today. Sometimes life is so busy I don't feel like I spend the time I want with all of them, so little things do matter.

If I have time, I'm making a cake with heart shaped sprinkles! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Oddly, I don't eat onions either. Bread and deep fry one and things change. :laugh:

Edit to add: yes I know the calorie count, ate it anyway. :ohwell:

Jeannie, it wasn't so much my stomach that hurt. It's hard to explain. I felt sick, but not so much stomach sick. More that 'I need food, I have low sugar, I feel weird in a way I can't put my finger on' kinda way. Make sense?

Oh heck yea that makes sense. I am borderline hypoglycemic....that is why I have to eat every 2-3 hours. For years I would be woozy, sickly, or just plain mean or sleepy........until I regulated the ol furnace.

Live and learn, right?
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Happy Valentins Day everyone. I finally got my engagement ring last night at dinner. it is beautiful. Try to stay away from the candy today and enjoy the ones you love. After all that is what today is all about. Not just boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, or wives, but about all friends and family that we love and that are of any real importance in our lives. Have a truly wonderful and beautiful day each and every one of you. :love: