Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options
Happy Week six people!

I hope we all found a week without the scale refreshing. Good luck with weigh ins. I am going to take Marla's suggestions and go with abs this week. It's funny she suggested it because when I was out on my run today I was thinking about how my stomach was feeling it and I really need more core strength sooooooooo..... Lets do abs. Every other day. It can be the ab workout of your choice but we need to make that a focus. I want to hear about what your doing. lets all share our favorite ab flexing activities. In addition (Since it's and every other day thing) for this week all elevators and escilators in your life are OUT OF ORDER. If there are stairs, you are taking them. If any of you work on the top floor of the sears tower your going to have a tough week and guess what, you'll get no pity from me. Get to work. that weight isnt going to lose itself. lol MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :wink:

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I am a waitress so ya'll wont get any symptomy from me either, I do more steps then I care to on any given day anyways!!

Great challange...marla...andrew..???

I told my husband since I was off today I was gonna do abs all day!! LOL Not

I logged all my food and even have room for a dollar scoop ice cream from baskin and robins on a cone!!! I am so happy!!!
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I have not posted anything in a little while and I got way off track. i weight 212 pounds. I am working hard again and I got the 30 day shred. I hope it helps. I have had a hard time staying motivated and I could really use some help. Thanks everyone:smooched: :huh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I hate elevators, so the steps at work are no problem...not to mention all the steps I take back and forth to the bathroom after drinking water. I got this.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Andrew-- appreciate it!!!!!!!

Hit the floor this week, people!!!!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Marla + Andrew = evil ... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I :heart: ab workouts. I really do! Should be an easy week for me!...and seeing that I have an extreme fear of elevators, that's an easy one, too. :laugh:

Marla - I think that TJ AbJam really helps strengthen the back muscles, too. Hopefully it'll be easier for you now that you have some of that water retention out of your body & the arthritis is easing up. :heart:

Tamara - When I was a waitress, the restaurant I worked at had many of their sections elevated so I spent all my waitressing hours going up & down 3 steps at a time. :noway: I do not miss it!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Love the challenge Andrew. I will add that I will also park the farthest away from the building in the parking lot. Nervous about a weigh in after a great Super Bowl!:explode:

Good Luck everyone!
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :smile: i will weigh in tomorrow. abs are a good thing. See you in the morning after the weigh in. No matter what I will not quit:drinker: Thanks for all the support. richie
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    So I know the results will come out tomorrow, and mine will not be looking good, but I have to report that my scale is on the fritz. By my scale I was up .5 pounds - very disappointing considering the workouts I did this week. The scale at the gym however, had me at a 2.8 pound loss!!

Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!

I will be throwing my home scale out (as far into the snow as I can) tomorrow, and going with the gym scale. It will have me up a couple of pounds, because I weigh in at gym at noon, and the scale weighs me slightly higher, but I think it is more accurate.

See you tomorrow on the Bat page..

Janie
  • Marla64
    Options
    So I know the results will come out tomorrow, and mine will not be looking good, but I have to report that my scale is on the fritz. By my scale I was up .5 pounds - very disappointing considering the workouts I did this week. The scale at the gym however, had me at a 2.8 pound loss!!

Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!

I will be throwing my home scale out (as far into the snow as I can) tomorrow, and going with the gym scale. It will have me up a couple of pounds, because I weigh in at gym at noon, and the scale weighs me slightly higher, but I think it is more accurate.

See you tomorrow on the Bat page..

Janie
    WOOT WOOT, Janie--

Be back later--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    I have loved this no scale week. I don't want to get on tomorrow. I'm dreading it. I don't want to know. I've worked on accepting me for me and looking positively at my body and not stressing over a number. I don't want to ruin it. I'm in a good place mentally, I keep telling myself I'm cool right here, yet I also can't lie and say I won't be disappointed if the scale doesn't move. Double edged sword I suppose.

As much as I loved no scale, I'll admit it's scarier. When I'm on it everyday, I pretty much know what to expect, after a week, I have no clue.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I am now loving not having the scale. I don't fret about it anymore. It's great!!! I don't know where it is in the house and I haven't even tried to look for it.

I will do ABS this week!!!!

Good luck everyone on weigh ins. I stayed the same!!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    tag:heart:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hello my wonderful black team--

What a lovely run had I this day!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ventured out just as the snow began to spit. Nothing major, just a very, very light fall. 31 degrees, very little wind, about 8pm-- oh em gee-- it was breathtaking.

Hubs had already run earlier, so off I went SOLO!!!!!!!!! I took a new route-- 3.5 miles, with one long section that had a very steady uphill portion. Here I am, huffing and puffing, and puffing and huffing-- I get halfway up and I'm dying.

And here's my praise, my beloved team-- as I'm panting and gasping and dying to walk , this thought came into my head-- "Sherrard's stop. Brown's don't stop!!!!!!"

Sherrard's are the family into which I was born, for any newbies-- as a general rule, they are a wicked, whiny, excuse making bunch, obese bunch whose only exercise is running to and from the Old Country Buffet.

Brown's are my family-- the family I'm raising with my husband who taught me to STOP MAKING EXCUSES, and taught me the thrill of conquering the things I never thought I could-- woot out to my husband.

But, then-- it gets better, my peeps-- my running mantra soon altered slightly....."Brown's don't stop-- Brown's don't stop-- Black team doesn't stop-- Black team doesn't stop."

I kid you not-- with each step, I'd repeat those words until I reached the peak of the hill, and cruised down-- YOU RAISE ME UP, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

So euphoric was I that I didn't even mind the jerk who honked at me towards the end of my third mile. And this wasn't a cute, little, "honk, honk, how ya doin', cutie" honk. This was a, "HONK, hey, lard butt, get out of the street," kinda honk. Apparently the guy was miffed that I was running on the side of HIS street. Jerk.

I considered briefly flipping him the bird-- ha. But, two things went through my head very quickly. (I think a lot when I run, people)

* I'm a Christian-- fruits of the spirit, "love, joy, peace, patience--" and all that jazz-- no can do.
    * I'm wearing mittens. Bloody lot of good it woulda done flipping him the bird wearing mittens-- (Tanya, I said bloody!!!!)

The high school has already been closed for tomorrow, so the house is abuzz right now-- I had to return my cruddy file for tonight, which is rather nice from a relaxation standpoint-- will my company ever learn to check the sound files they send out for quality?????

Anyway-- okay, yeah, I'm done rambling. Still euphoric over my lovely run-- still euphoric over my lovely team--

:heart: you all-- hit the floor tonight, my friends.

Later!!!!!!!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Evening team...I have to have hubby at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow. They moved his surgery up to 8:00 a.m. instead of 10:30. My oldest has to get the youngest ready for school and deliver him. This ought to be interesting. They are used to me doing things for them. Hope everybody has a good weigh in. I weighed today since I will be up and running so early tomorrow and no change for me. I am going to have to get serious this week!

Andrew...Thanks for the challenge!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Evening team...I have to have hubby at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow. They moved his surgery up to 8:00 a.m. instead of 10:30. My oldest has to get the youngest ready for school and deliver him. This ought to be interesting. They are used to me doing things for them. Hope everybody has a good weigh in. I weighed today since I will be up and running so early tomorrow and no change for me. I am going to have to get serious this week!

Tammy-- I'll pray for your husband-- let us know how he's doing.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Prayers for your hubby and hugs for you. Please let us know how it goes. :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options

Prayers for your hubby and hugs for you. Please let us know how it goes. :heart:
    I'll be thinking of you!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    :heart: