Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Yeah, great ticker Kati!

Tammy- hope the hubs is doing well

Jessica- congrats

Batman- sorry about the sucky hotel

Jeannie and .... uh, oh... Donna (? I think)- enjoy Zumba. I felt like an idiot at first to tell you the truth. My hips still don't move like the instructor's, but I'm not nearly as stiff either. The more I do it, the more fun I have. I even added some of the tunes to my ipod and I don't speak a lick of Spanish, I have no idea what they are saying.

Careful with that :laugh: I had downloaded a song with a great beat for salsa dancing............Was singing it at work and my friend said :" Oh, you want me to lick you from head to toe?!" :huh:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning team...Gotta get to work early today. I have to "help" my youngest finish his science project tonight after I work for about 10 hours. I love homework:grumble: My poor hubby is getting put on the back burner today. I'm having a hard time keeping up with everybody. Funny, you don't realize how much your husband actually helps out around the house until he stops:huh: Hope you all have a great day.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so stinkin' proud of myself. I finished a triathlon. Hee Hee! My next gym project is to start C25K and see what happens. I haven't ran for a while and it'll be my kind of outdoor running weather soon. Need to get my rear in gear!

Thanks for all of the support each and every day! It's wonderful to talk with those who get it, rather than some family and friends who just pretend they do :laugh:

Happy Monday friends!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentins Day everyone. I finally got my engagement ring last night at dinner. it is beautiful. Try to stay away from the candy today and enjoy the ones you love. After all that is what today is all about. Not just boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, or wives, but about all friends and family that we love and that are of any real importance in our lives. Have a truly wonderful and beautiful day each and every one of you. :love:

Congrats!!!
  • ksproston
    Options
    Happy Valentins Day everyone. I finally got my engagement ring last night at dinner. it is beautiful. Try to stay away from the candy today and enjoy the ones you love. After all that is what today is all about. Not just boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, or wives, but about all friends and family that we love and that are of any real importance in our lives. Have a truly wonderful and beautiful day each and every one of you. :love:

Congratulations!!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    My lack of self control this weekend continued this AM. For some reason unknown to me, I decided it would be a good idea to get on the scale and 'see the damage'. :noway: Stupid move. I should have waited until I had a few good days first. Hello 4 pounds. :sad:

I went to the gym and I really had a hard time getting into my workout today, but I half heartedly did it and burned 550 calories. Plans to eat much better today. No sweets, no crap, good clean food!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    My abs hurt......... but hopefully its a good thing, as I've just done L1D9 (oh my 1 more day then I go up a level :ohwell: ) followed by 31 minutes on the bike (should of been 30 but the time ran away from me :laugh: ). Need a shower and need to get the 2 year old into bed, which is going to happen first........... probably the shower but will have company and then hopefully little Christopher will go to sleep so that I can have my dinner - homemade stirfry :drinker:

Lori - I have managed to stay away from the scale but am tempted to see if the weight I put on last week has shifted or if I've gained more :huh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well, now here's the thing with the scale--

Getting on it daily is a much needed kick in the butt sometimes to stay tried and true-- "Oh, I'm up 2 pounds, need to watch it better today-- " and so on and so on--

If I only get on it once a week so as to avoid the unpleasant ups and downs, too often I see a truly unpleasant up.

So I battle the pros and cons of only weighing weekly.
  • Marla64
    Options
    All right my friends-- it's official.

The snit has ended, as I predicted. Somebody said to me this day, "When is the deadline for registration for your half marathon?" "August," I replied, "But, I like to pay early because when the money's on the line, I'm more motivated to keep going."

So, while I didn't receive the full blessing to pay the mula now, simply because at the moment it's needed elsewhere, I got the green light. He wants obviously to make sure I'm committed (which I am) and can actually respectably train for it and get myself in the ballpark running mileage before spending the dough.

I kissed him and told him thank you. "I never said you couldn't do it, I just said wait." I told him I was thanking him simply for not being grumpy.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-- drum roll
    I'm gonna get me *kitten* in shape and do this. I have all summer to work and build up the endurance. I've gone online to find a training schedule.

I've taken the 8k run out of the schedule, again for finances-- I may still participate in the local high school 5k for my kids' high school in April-- that was the one that I ran last April for my first. But, I'm totally pumped.....and scared...... smiley-scared001.gif

Part of the old me is still welling up inside making my tummy hurt as I type-- "oh, my gosh, I can't do that."

But, I read my friend Andrew's blog-- and that old me just wants to stop the new me-- and I can't let that happen.

So my friends-- I thank all of you for your past, present and I'm confident future support as I do this-- I'll be a 46 year old, mother of 9, first time halfer-- how freakin' cool is that??????

love you all-- you're the best-- you raise me up, people.

Later.
  • ksproston
    Options

The snit has ended, as I predicted. Somebody said to me this day, "When is the deadline for registration for your half marathon?" "August," I replied, "But, I like to pay early because when the money's on the line, I'm more motivated to keep going."

So, while I didn't receive the full blessing to pay the mula now, simply because at the moment it's needed elsewhere, I got the green light. He wants obviously to make sure I'm committed (which I am) and can actually respectably train for it and get myself in the ballpark running mileage before spending the dough.

I kissed him and told him thank you. "I never said you couldn't do it, I just said wait." I told him I was thanking him simply for not being grumpy.

I'm gonna get me *kitten* in shape and do this. I have all summer to work and build up the endurance. I've gone online to find a training schedule.

I've taken the 8k run out of the schedule, again for finances-- I may still participate in the local high school 5k for my kids' high school in April-- that was the one that I ran last April for my first. But, I'm totally pumped.....and scared...... smiley-scared001.gif

Part of the old me is still welling up inside making my tummy hurt as I type-- "oh, my gosh, I can't do that."

But, I read my friend Andrew's blog-- and that old me just wants to stop the new me-- and I can't let that happen.

So my friends-- I thank all of you for your past, present and I'm confident future support as I do this-- I'll be a 46 year old, mother of 9, first time halfer-- how freakin' cool is that??????

Later.

Marla - I'm so proud of you! You can do this! I just know it.

I just responded to your post on the proud thread. I'm LOL right now b/c I read it as you saying you were old as in age, not what you used to do versus the "new you" and what you do now. Sorry. :laugh:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Go Marla, Go Marla, Go Marla............

go for it. I am sitting here smiling for you :drinker: :happy: :drinker:

Night all xx
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic Marla!! I am so happy and proud:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:

You can do this.:smile:
  • ksproston
    Options
    Abs done. Getting geared up for a last chance workout tomorrow. Hard to believe it'll be Tuesday already. Nitey nite folks!
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This team sure has some healthy folks in it......Marla you are really something else:flowerforyou: Very brave of you. I am still awaiting the birth of another grandchild maybe tonight or tomorrow. I really appreciate the posts. read each and every one:heart: I sure hope the ticker moves on Wednesday when I weigh in. Hugs, Richie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Later.

I am so proud of you, Marla! *Big Hugs*
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Later.

I am so proud of you, Marla! *Big Hugs*

Congrats, Marla!! You can do it!
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have to say that I love reading what is going on with everyone. You all have no idea how motivational you truely are to someone like myself. I have dealth with the weight issue my entire life. It is so wonderful to see people who have actually done it! Thank you for being you and available to me.

I had a great day...remember I manage the housekeeping department at a hotel (Andrew, give me a call if you ever have to stay in Milwaukee...I'll hook you up with a great deal and we have a great fitness center...oh yeah...and we make our hookers wear clothes). So, I bought a pedometer so I know how much I walk while I'm at work. Today I walked 3.96 miles. I thought that was pretty good considering they paid me to work out! Suckers!

Here's to healthy walking!
    Sara
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Cool on the half Marla, glad it worked out.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey team--

Thanks so much for your kind words tonight--

It is really funny how terrified I was tonight tieing on my running shoes. My tummy was in knots. I had to go potty twice before leaving-- like I was a total newbie, terrified of the unknown. It was so silly.

I enjoyed a really lovely 4 mile run. Solo. Even went on the highway during rush hour-- (just a two lane one, but a main thruway here in town) Took a nice, even pace. Finished 4 miles in 45 minutes, and I was very satisfied with that.

The arthritis pain in the feet was almost nonexistent. It was something I was cognizant of, and could feel that there was a more tender area, but it didn't hinder me at all.

However, towards the 3.5 mile mark, something started hurting in my right foot, across the instep. Still feeling kinda weird tonight, so I'll have to keep an eye on it. I took such an easy pace and had an easy stride, I can't imagine any type of stress fracture-- but, something definitely felt funky.

Either way-- I was euphoric after the run. I'm off all meds completely. The swelling is down significantly in my fingers and toes. I cut out dairy from my diet, and the change has been remarkable. I'm adding veggie juice to the diet, too, simply as a nice, little health boost.

Bottom line, I felt wonderful in the run, and so thrilled--

Need to scoot-- not much work tonight, (you know, the old bad news/good news scenario) so I'm going to actually relax. Go figure.

Later--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have to say that I love reading what is going on with everyone. You all have no idea how motivational you truely are to someone like myself. I have dealth with the weight issue my entire life. It is so wonderful to see people who have actually done it! Thank you for being you and available to me.

I had a great day...remember I manage the housekeeping department at a hotel (Andrew, give me a call if you ever have to stay in Milwaukee...I'll hook you up with a great deal and we have a great fitness center...oh yeah...and we make our hookers wear clothes). So, I bought a pedometer so I know how much I walk while I'm at work. Today I walked 3.96 miles. I thought that was pretty good considering they paid me to work out! Suckers!

Here's to healthy walking!
    Sara

Sara-- I'm so happy to hear that this team is helping you, too-- what a wonderful bunch of folks, eh?

I, too, dealt with weight all my life-- and it can sooooo be conquered. You're on your way, and I'm so thrilled to be a part of it.

Have a great night.