Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options

Replies

• zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    So, I kind of did something insane this morning.

I signed up for my first marathon! Not half, either...I'm talking the FULL mamma jamma. Oh. Em. Gee.

Shuntae - that is awesom!!! which one?
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

I signed up for my first marathon! Not half, either...I'm talking the FULL mamma jamma. Oh. Em. Gee.

Shuntae - that is awesom!!! which one?

Richmond...Nov. 13
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

yes, I could've read your ticker!!!! Go get em girl! I'm going to attempt a 1/2 at some point...in my life!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone..I seem to not be able to keep up with you crazy people on here. In the last 2 days I have biked 36 miles and feel amazing I am so proud of myself, tomorrow will be at 450 calories burn day as I have to be at work at 8 instead of 9 so I will probably only do 12 miles or whatever i do by 6 am when its time for me to leave!!

I am doing better, I am enjoying the scale not being out, I seem to enjoy my babies and hubby more....I dont get mad at it and take it out on them..

I agree with lori about the mental part wearing me out that is so so so true...

Marla- get job on the walk

Tammy-glad your husband is doing good

shauntae better you then me girl I am doing another half this year

Bobbi- You are amazing to start over with your ticker and all

Donna- if we can do marathons you can also, its all possible

Andrew and Beth- How was the meeting???

Andrew the lis looks amazing...

Kati hope preston is feeling better and ya'll got some sleep

and everyone else out there whos babies are sick, I am knocking on my wood my babies are well.

My son does have to go to the dr next wed for a heart appointment he has a bad valve and extra heartbeats, so keep us in yoru prayers he really wants to sign up for baseball...again he has played many many many season but the dr told him no to middle school so I am hoping she will let him play rec ball..I want him to ask her, i dont want him to think I am hindering him..

Well of to make my toastada I am so excited for them I love them!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Ok so those leg lifts are killer on the upper ab, in the middle, between the ribs. I actually had spasms that bent me over from doing those with the trainer.

The counter for that one is the one with the horse-you have it at hip level and bend forward as far as possible, then back up. This gets the opposing muscles in the back.

As for me.........the hanging one from the bar........you would see me laying on the ground with my hands stuck to the bar and my arms ripped from their sockets:noway: NO WAY:laugh: :laugh:

Jeannie. Give yourself some credit! I know you could do the hanging ones. In fact, I think maybe you should try. Double dog dare ya.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options

yes, I could've read your ticker!!!! Go get em girl! I'm going to attempt a 1/2 at some point...in my life!

You GO Shuntae!

Donna, I contemplate a 1/2. I have a doctor appointment in 2 weeks. I'm going to ask about my creaking, cracking, bone grinding, stiff knees. If she says I can't hurt 'em, I may just start training. Running does put a poundin' on the old bod.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Last post for the night, beloved team--

I never made it to turbo this evening. Instead hubs and I took Bandit, (aka Siberian Husky from Hell) and Hope, (aka 10 year old from hell :wink: ) and went on a beautiful 3.5 mile walk. We wanted to get it in before the forecasted wind starts, and knocks all the snow from the trees. Check it out--

17266_1226905268520_1105705735_3058.jpg

Just incredible-- lovely, lovely walk. Walked by the middle school, which has a great sledding hill. Somebody left their sleds there, so Hope and I hopped on and had a fun ride down the hill.

Had a good walking pace going early on. But, as the walk went on, and the temps continued to drop, things iced over and we had to tread carefully. Hubs was the first to fall and warned me to be careful. I confirmed that I indeed would, and then fell right on me bloomin' *kitten*-- too funny.

(mothers, you know that uncomfortable little thing that happens when we sneeze and/or do jumping jacks after multiple pregnancies and child births-- uh, well, it also happens when you fall on your bloomin' *kitten*-- :blushing: )

But, all's well that ends well-- it was awesome.

Typed some more when I got home, put kidlets to bed, and ready to unwind for the evening. We'd canceled our cable months ago-- or, uh, rather cable canceled us when we chose not to pay the large portion of our past due that was required to keep it on. We told 'em to go ahead and turn it off-- nothin' but crap on the tubes 1/2 the time anyway, and we're paying the balance slowly.

But, my point is....yes, folks a point is coming, be patient-- sheesh --

We've found websites where we can access live sports, and TV shows, et cetera-- and my husband found a site to download whole episodes of programs-- we're currently going through season 5 of "House." I usually fall asleep-- but I love the show. That's where I'm headed.

If anyone has seen the show and wants a glimmer into my life-- Gregory House and my husband could be twins separated at birth from a personality standpoint-- just sayin'-- :noway: :wink:

Later, my team--

Glad to hear you had a great walk. Musta been a little cold after your fall. Things aren't supposed to freeze 'down there'. :laugh:

I love House. He's so wrong it makes me laugh.

I can't watch house, the characters are fun but I am way to logical in nature. I spend the whole time watching it getting pissed and saying "There is NO way this dude would still have a medical lisence!"
    I know. I'm lame. lol
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I drove everyone crazy last night doing standing ab work. When I was cooking, doing the dishes, talking to my daughter........was doing side crunches or pop and locks.......:laugh: (dont ask):laugh:

POP AND LOCKS!?

Yo, that is the bomb. I need to go pop and lock now. lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

This Shuntae was destined to happen. So proud of you my friend.

:cry:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Tamara, Thank you ! I figured it would be easier that way.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Typical response to prayer today, Lord-- appreciate it-- :grumble:

Hey everyone-- lovely day here in New Jersey-- :noway:

Heading to work--

Shuntae, I am so proud-- way to go, my friend.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You all know the lovely Pants on the Ground song??? Well I was singing............Abs in the car.....abs in the car!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I drove everyone crazy last night doing standing ab work. When I was cooking, doing the dishes, talking to my daughter........was doing side crunches or pop and locks.......:laugh: (dont ask):laugh:

POP AND LOCKS!?

Yo, that is the bomb. I need to go pop and lock now. lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:

:wink: I was cracking MYSELF up....can't imagine what poor Kelly thought :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :angry:

I never made it to turbo this evening. Instead hubs and I took Bandit, (aka Siberian Husky from Hell) and Hope, (aka 10 year old from hell :wink: ) and went on a beautiful 3.5 mile walk. We wanted to get it in before the forecasted wind starts, and knocks all the snow from the trees. Check it out--

Just incredible-- lovely, lovely walk. Walked by the middle school, which has a great sledding hill. Somebody left their sleds there, so Hope and I hopped on and had a fun ride down the hill.

Had a good walking pace going early on. But, as the walk went on, and the temps continued to drop, things iced over and we had to tread carefully. Hubs was the first to fall and warned me to be careful. I confirmed that I indeed would, and then fell right on me bloomin' *kitten*-- too funny.

(mothers, you know that uncomfortable little thing that happens when we sneeze and/or do jumping jacks after multiple pregnancies and child births-- uh, well, it also happens when you fall on your bloomin' *kitten*-- :blushing: )

Typed some more when I got home, put kidlets to bed, and ready to unwind for the evening. We'd canceled our cable months ago-- or, uh, rather cable canceled us when we chose not to pay the large portion of our past due that was required to keep it on. We told 'em to go ahead and turn it off-- nothin' but crap on the tubes 1/2 the time anyway, and we're paying the balance slowly.

We've found websites where we can access live sports, and TV shows, et cetera-- and my husband found a site to download whole episodes of programs-- we're currently going through season 5 of "House." I usually fall asleep-- but I love the show. That's where I'm headed.

If anyone has seen the show and wants a glimmer into my life-- Gregory House and my husband could be twins separated at birth from a personality standpoint-- just sayin'-- :noway: :wink:

Later, my team--

Glad to hear you had a great walk. Musta been a little cold after your fall. Things aren't supposed to freeze 'down there'. :laugh:

I can't watch house, the characters are fun but I am way to logical in nature. I spend the whole time watching it getting pissed and saying "There is NO way this dude would still have a medical lisence!"
    I know. I'm lame. lol

The same reason I can't watch a love story with two very poor young ppl.......struggling to make ends meet..........in there 8000 sq foot LOFT!!! Or.............she comes home from work and he has a bubble bath with candles and rose petals lined up to lead her there..............like a thousand dollars worth!!! OMG drives me NUTZ
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Abs done. bicycles, reverse crunches and more airplanes.

Happy to report that Tenley is doing well. Thank goodness.

Nitey nite friends!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Evening all...I am home for a few hours to type 2 tapes and then back to the hospital. Hubby is still in a lot of pain today. He probably won't go home til Saturday now. I will try to sit down sometime this weekend and catch up on you guys. Hope everyone has a happy weekend.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Ab work done...heading to bed. Good Night Black Team !! :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I have started over. Due to the different scales and therefore different weights, I changed my starting weight to what I weighed this morning. Wipes out on my ticker all the weight I have lost since 10-08. It's a fresh start from here on out.

I did that when I came back in January. Kinda felt good. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Later, my team--

I know. I'm lame. lol

Oh, heck yeah, Andrew-- we sit all the time saying, "Yeah, right, that would NEVER happen." One show this week he sent his team out to dig up a body for a brain biopsy in the middle of the night, with no court order.

Yeah, okay.

But, his character is such a grumpy, mouthy, curmudgeon-- it's a riot--

on TV that cracks me up-- In real life? Not so much.

Crappy day. Sorry to say I ate about everything that wasn't nailed down.

Pay no attention to my food diary. I intended to exercise, but didn't. And then ate more than I wrote down.

Anger still fuels the nibbles. Not as bad as way back when, but it still gets me.

Tomorrow is another day-- later, my team.

Tammy - prayers for your husband.

Nite everybody.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Marla you are so right today is another day!

I am off to the ym this morning, I am excited my goal totals for my 1000 miles completed in 2010 will be under 800 today when I finish my 10-12 mile bike ride. I have to be at work at 8 this morning so I can only workout til 6 so I can come home and get all lovely kids off to school and my behind to work!!

Well have a great day!!!