Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options

Replies

• zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Kati and Jeannie-- I'm so happy to know that I contribute to this team, because I truly get so much from all of you. I credit my progress in weight loss and fitness to the support and encouragement here in this little community we have. You care and share these things with me like no other people in my life do.

If I give back even a tenth of what I take from you all, I'm thrilled--

Just got back from Chinese food-- my husband LOVES to drive in this, so we drove to our local Chinese place for dinner-- I ate the broccoli, didn't like the chicken part-- too slimy, had a couple bites of fried rice which wasn't great, and ate the egg roll which wasn't great either-- but it's an egg roll...ya know? Even bad egg rolls are tasty enough.

Heading down to turbo later when the kids get home from their friends-- beautiful day.

school has been canceled for tomorrow, too-- and they were already scheduled to be closed Friday and Monday for President's Day-- so the kids have a 6 day weekend. How cool is that?

Need to type a bit-- later.

Great job everybody this week-- six weeks in, the "grind" part starts-- excitement of the new year resolution is wearing off.

This is when we start separating the wheat from the chaff-- hang tough, my friends-- when the going gets tough, the tough get going, right?

Hit that floor tonight-- (I'm not as nice as Andrew-- ab work can be done every night-- none of this every other night crap)

Love to all!!!!!

Marla- You are so awesome! You remind me of some of the WW leaders...who would say "You think I'm here to help you? I'm here to keep myself in check!" ......and you my friend keep us in check too. I am so ecstatic at my 1 pound loss this week after a big Super Bowl weekend of eating. I realize that this time I am going to do it 1 pound at a time because that is the right way to do it!

The kids and parents had a blast today in our blizzard today! Igloos, snowball fights,shoveling...lots of calories burned....topped off with a night cap:ohwell:

have a great night my team!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Oh crud... I was to late to get my weight in. Next week I'll be more prompt. I had a 3.6 pound loss which I'm pumped about. I gaineda pound last week so maybe that wavjust water weight or something. Everyone looks great... Nice job this week. Here's to getting healthy!

ME TOO!! No worries.......you lost 3.6 WOOT WOOT!!! Andrew was not too happy with the team results..........maybe he will redo with me and you and our almost FIVE POUND WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!

UH....MAYBE:wink: ....................oops, sorry didnt mean to scream:laugh:

I forgot too! I have 2.something to add. I'll send it to him now. I entered my new weight on my check in, forgot Andrew. Poop!
  • 72lori
    Options

school has been canceled for tomorrow, too-- and they were already scheduled to be closed Friday and Monday for President's Day-- so the kids have a 6 day weekend. How cool is that?

Great job everybody this week-- six weeks in, the "grind" part starts-- excitement of the new year resolution is wearing off.

This is when we start separating the wheat from the chaff-- hang tough, my friends-- when the going gets tough, the tough get going, right?

Marla, see, you are nicer than me. I would not be saying 6 day weekend, how cool is that, I'd be saying go to school already! (The teacher in me, isn't it grand? LOL. What WAS I thinking when I was an 18 year old punk. Elementary Ed. Bah! Enjoy Shuntae! :bigsmile: )

I hope everybody at my gym starts to feel the grind part. Zumba was so crowded yesterday we were hitting one another when we moved. Not fun. Those New Year's resolution people can beat it. :tongue:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What a challenge, thanks andrew...I shoveled snow today while hubby was at work, he was very suprised when he did not have to when he go home, go me...and I finally go my polar F6 and loving it so far..used it while shoveling snow..

Definitely need this week challenge...47b20s0.gif..4hu5109.gif
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh crud... I was to late to get my weight in. Next week I'll be more prompt. I had a 3.6 pound loss which I'm pumped about. I gaineda pound last week so maybe that wavjust water weight or something. Everyone looks great... Nice job this week. Here's to getting healthy!

ME TOO!! No worries.......you lost 3.6 WOOT WOOT!!! Andrew was not too happy with the team results..........maybe he will redo with me and you and our almost FIVE POUND WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!

UH....MAYBE:wink: ....................oops, sorry didnt mean to scream:laugh:

I forgot too! I have 2.something to add. I'll send it to him now. I entered my new weight on my check in, forgot Andrew. Poop!

Ladies...you are making me feel better! It sounded like everyone did good without the scale and the spreadsheet didn't look so good...it's because we forgot....next week we'll be on there. Funny it is like we have immunity this week and we are staying the same...next week we'll have a big weight loss! Just kidding! Here's a WOOT, WOOT for the both of you!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Marla, see, you are nicer than me. I would not be saying 6 day weekend, how cool is that, I'd be saying go to school already! (The teacher in me, isn't it grand? LOL. What WAS I thinking when I was an 18 year old punk. Elementary Ed. Bah! Enjoy Shuntae! :bigsmile: )

I hope everybody at my gym starts to feel the grind part. Zumba was so crowded yesterday we were hitting one another when we moved. Not fun. Those New Year's resolution people can beat it. :tongue:

I'm really not nicer-- I was just pretending so y'all didn't think I'm some shrew who doesn't want to be around her kids.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Last post for the night, beloved team--

I never made it to turbo this evening. Instead hubs and I took Bandit, (aka Siberian Husky from Hell) and Hope, (aka 10 year old from hell :wink: ) and went on a beautiful 3.5 mile walk. We wanted to get it in before the forecasted wind starts, and knocks all the snow from the trees. Check it out--

17266_1226905268520_1105705735_3058.jpg

Just incredible-- lovely, lovely walk. Walked by the middle school, which has a great sledding hill. Somebody left their sleds there, so Hope and I hopped on and had a fun ride down the hill.

Had a good walking pace going early on. But, as the walk went on, and the temps continued to drop, things iced over and we had to tread carefully. Hubs was the first to fall and warned me to be careful. I confirmed that I indeed would, and then fell right on me bloomin' *kitten*-- too funny.

(mothers, you know that uncomfortable little thing that happens when we sneeze and/or do jumping jacks after multiple pregnancies and child births-- uh, well, it also happens when you fall on your bloomin' *kitten*-- :blushing: )

But, all's well that ends well-- it was awesome.

Typed some more when I got home, put kidlets to bed, and ready to unwind for the evening. We'd canceled our cable months ago-- or, uh, rather cable canceled us when we chose not to pay the large portion of our past due that was required to keep it on. We told 'em to go ahead and turn it off-- nothin' but crap on the tubes 1/2 the time anyway, and we're paying the balance slowly.

But, my point is....yes, folks a point is coming, be patient-- sheesh --

We've found websites where we can access live sports, and TV shows, et cetera-- and my husband found a site to download whole episodes of programs-- we're currently going through season 5 of "House." I usually fall asleep-- but I love the show. That's where I'm headed.

If anyone has seen the show and wants a glimmer into my life-- Gregory House and my husband could be twins separated at birth from a personality standpoint-- just sayin'-- :noway: :wink:

Later, my team--
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    morning, well I have John (5) and Chris (2) off ill today both with sickness etc. Been up every hour through the night with Chris and then at 6 John started, really want to do my dvd, but they are being clingons, so it will probably have to wait until they go to bed tonight... by which time I will want to sleep as well.....

Ok enough moaning, buck up Tanya, and get on with it......... going to get another coffee to keep me going will come back later xx
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Hanging leg lifts here I come!!! :drinker:

Really? That is ok to do now?? I am assuming the doc released you......just be careful oh sexy booty girl:bigsmile: .....can't have you in that nasty boot again :wink:

*whispers* It's a floor exercise for lower abs. :bigsmile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!

Woot Out for Janie !!

:smooched:

thanks Bobbi

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!! :drinker:

:smooched: thanks Jeannie
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Really? That is ok to do now?? I am assuming the doc released you......just be careful oh sexy booty girl:bigsmile: .....can't have you in that nasty boot again :wink:

This is a new one for me - but conjures up some really strange visual images...:laugh: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

This is a new one for me - but conjures up some really strange visual images...:laugh: :laugh:

Okay, so i was thinking it was another one. Turns out it is one that you hang from a bra & lift your legs straight forward...so still no ankle pressure. :laugh: Ooops! I was thinking it was like a reverse crunch. :ohwell:

EDIT: LOL I typed "bra" instead of "bar"...I'm leaving it. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hanging Leg Lifts:

There's this one:

captains_chair2.jpg

and this one:

hanglegraise.jpg
  • 72lori
    Options

I never made it to turbo this evening. Instead hubs and I took Bandit, (aka Siberian Husky from Hell) and Hope, (aka 10 year old from hell :wink: ) and went on a beautiful 3.5 mile walk. We wanted to get it in before the forecasted wind starts, and knocks all the snow from the trees. Check it out--

Just incredible-- lovely, lovely walk. Walked by the middle school, which has a great sledding hill. Somebody left their sleds there, so Hope and I hopped on and had a fun ride down the hill.

Had a good walking pace going early on. But, as the walk went on, and the temps continued to drop, things iced over and we had to tread carefully. Hubs was the first to fall and warned me to be careful. I confirmed that I indeed would, and then fell right on me bloomin' *kitten*-- too funny.

(mothers, you know that uncomfortable little thing that happens when we sneeze and/or do jumping jacks after multiple pregnancies and child births-- uh, well, it also happens when you fall on your bloomin' *kitten*-- :blushing: )

Typed some more when I got home, put kidlets to bed, and ready to unwind for the evening. We'd canceled our cable months ago-- or, uh, rather cable canceled us when we chose not to pay the large portion of our past due that was required to keep it on. We told 'em to go ahead and turn it off-- nothin' but crap on the tubes 1/2 the time anyway, and we're paying the balance slowly.

We've found websites where we can access live sports, and TV shows, et cetera-- and my husband found a site to download whole episodes of programs-- we're currently going through season 5 of "House." I usually fall asleep-- but I love the show. That's where I'm headed.

If anyone has seen the show and wants a glimmer into my life-- Gregory House and my husband could be twins separated at birth from a personality standpoint-- just sayin'-- :noway: :wink:

Later, my team--

Glad to hear you had a great walk. Musta been a little cold after your fall. Things aren't supposed to freeze 'down there'. :laugh:

I love House. He's so wrong it makes me laugh.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Tammy - So glad your husband made it through surgery okay! *hugs*

I have more to type, but no time to do it. Thanks for the chart, Andrew! (and for fixing my line. :bigsmile: ) You rock!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Hanging Leg Lifts:

There's this one:

captains_chair2.jpg

and this one:

hanglegraise.jpg

Those ones on the bottom KICK MY BUTT. Did a few sets of them 2 days ago, I always do them on shoulder day, 45 all together. The HR soars, the shoulders scream, my hands are on fire from hanging, the abs.... well, I guess they are getting a workout, everything else hurts too much to notice! All I know is a set of 15 is all the more I can do at a time and they leave me gasping for breath.

The ones on top, they used to be hard and hurt my back, piece o'cake now. :bigsmile:

I have to say, the only thing I've used my bra for in either exercise is to hold the girls nice and tight. Guess I could try hanging from it and see it it's a better workout. :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Later, my team--

HOUSE???? {{{{{{{{{{{Marla}}}}}}}}}}}}:wink::laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Okay, so i was thinking it was another one. Turns out it is one that you hang from a bra & lift your legs straight forward...so still no ankle pressure. :laugh: Ooops! I was thinking it was like a reverse crunch. :ohwell:

EDIT: LOL I typed "bra" instead of "bar"...I'm leaving it. :laugh:

I thought....hanging from your BRA?? Wrong forum Sara:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok so those leg lifts are killer on the upper ab, in the middle, between the ribs. I actually had spasms that bent me over from doing those with the trainer.

The counter for that one is the one with the horse-you have it at hip level and bend forward as far as possible, then back up. This gets the opposing muscles in the back.

As for me.........the hanging one from the bar........you would see me laying on the ground with my hands stuck to the bar and my arms ripped from their sockets:noway: NO WAY:laugh: :laugh:
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Later, my team--

Marla,
    I absolutley love reading your posts. You always make me laugh! My baby is now almost two and this mother thing your talking about I never thought would happen to me...yep...it did and I hate it! I'm looking forward to the next kid and the "issue" getting worse! Oh well it is worth it...he's such a good boy! I think everyone had their boots full of snow this week. Lucky for us (I live in WI). Have a good day! Sara