Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    :smile: i will weigh in tomorrow. abs are a good thing. See you in the morning after the weigh in. No matter what I will not quit:drinker: Thanks for all the support. richie

That's a great attitude richie, the important thing is that we keep at it. I have been up and down the same 5 pounds for almost a month now but I am going to keep at it! =)
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hello my wonderful black team--

What a lovely run had I this day!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ventured out just as the snow began to spit. Nothing major, just a very, very light fall. 31 degrees, very little wind, about 8pm-- oh em gee-- it was breathtaking.

Hubs had already run earlier, so off I went SOLO!!!!!!!!! I took a new route-- 3.5 miles, with one long section that had a very steady uphill portion. Here I am, huffing and puffing, and puffing and huffing-- I get halfway up and I'm dying.

And here's my praise, my beloved team-- as I'm panting and gasping and dying to walk , this thought came into my head-- "Sherrard's stop. Brown's don't stop!!!!!!"

Sherrard's are the family into which I was born, for any newbies-- as a general rule, they are a wicked, whiny, excuse making bunch, obese bunch whose only exercise is running to and from the Old Country Buffet.

Brown's are my family-- the family I'm raising with my husband who taught me to STOP MAKING EXCUSES, and taught me the thrill of conquering the things I never thought I could-- woot out to my husband.

But, then-- it gets better, my peeps-- my running mantra soon altered slightly....."Brown's don't stop-- Brown's don't stop-- Black team doesn't stop-- Black team doesn't stop."

I kid you not-- with each step, I'd repeat those words until I reached the peak of the hill, and cruised down-- YOU RAISE ME UP, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

So euphoric was I that I didn't even mind the jerk who honked at me towards the end of my third mile. And this wasn't a cute, little, "honk, honk, how ya doin', cutie" honk. This was a, "HONK, hey, lard butt, get out of the street," kinda honk. Apparently the guy was miffed that I was running on the side of HIS street. Jerk.

I considered briefly flipping him the bird-- ha. But, two things went through my head very quickly. (I think a lot when I run, people)

* I'm a Christian-- fruits of the spirit, "love, joy, peace, patience--" and all that jazz-- no can do.
    * I'm wearing mittens. Bloody lot of good it woulda done flipping him the bird wearing mittens-- (Tanya, I said bloody!!!!)

The high school has already been closed for tomorrow, so the house is abuzz right now-- I had to return my cruddy file for tonight, which is rather nice from a relaxation standpoint-- will my company ever learn to check the sound files they send out for quality?????

Anyway-- okay, yeah, I'm done rambling. Still euphoric over my lovely run-- still euphoric over my lovely team--

:heart: you all-- hit the floor tonight, my friends.

Later!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff Marla,

There are so many times that such a mantra has carried me through a run. wonderful!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Here are the results people. Not a huge loss as a team this week but I have no doubt we are all headed in the right direction!
    I am itching to chat my head off but this new schedule this month is KILLING me. I have to be up by 3:30 to get to work so I am headed to rest up. I just need to come out of febuary in one piece. Have a great night my team!

BLACKTEAM1-10-2010.jpg
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Marla - On my way home to get the kids today, I was thinking, "I know Marla runs in this weather. I wonder if there is snow on the ground. What a trooper she is! What an inspiration!" You really, truly inspire me. You make me strive to be better - better wife, mother, friend, person. Thank you.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Hanging leg lifts here I come!!! :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Ack ! I have to stop getting new scales. Couple of weeks ago, we got a different scale. It was a non digital scale one because I hadn't talked Jim into one yet.:wink: That put my weight up 5 pounds I think. Well, after finally talking him into getting a digital one, it weighs me 3 pounds heavier still. That's up 8 pounds just with new scales. I'm telling ya I don't need the extra help putting pounds on.

On the exercise front, since Mother Nature has decided to give us all this snow, I can't get out and run. Sooooo I am doing the C25K intervals on my bike. Sounds weird I know but its a change and a challenge. Tried to keep the speed up to 13 mph or higher on the fast pace walk and 15 mph or higher on the "run" part. I did do 7 miles in 31 minutes for 450 calories burned. Yesss!!!

Dinner dishes waiting for me, stay warm, and hit the floor !
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh crud... I was to late to get my weight in. Next week I'll be more prompt. I had a 3.6 pound loss which I'm pumped about. I gaineda pound last week so maybe that wavjust water weight or something. Everyone looks great... Nice job this week. Here's to getting healthy!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    bump
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I read every post! Forgot to send Andrew my weight......actually down a pound! WOOT!

I am so up for the ab workout.

I like to do standing abs.......dance moves really....learned them from 10 minute dancing your abs off or some silly video!:laugh:

So OK....food is getting better. more fruit and veggies again. Walked to the drug store instead of getting in my car for 1/2 mile jot.

Abs...OOhhh I remember what I was going to say........trainer said the bicycle abs on the floor hits every part! I love those puppies.....20 then rest 20 then rest 20 then rest.............gonna do mine tonight!!

MARLA!!! thanks for the Raise Me Up sermon..........I needed to hear that! I have had very bad neck pain and have been using it as an excuse all week. Guess what? I have the pain whether I run, walk or lift weights............so I might as well be healthy AND in pain than fat and lazy AND in pain, right????

I love you all! :heart: :heart:

Tam, praying for good results for your hubby
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Hanging leg lifts here I come!!! :drinker:

Really? That is ok to do now?? I am assuming the doc released you......just be careful oh sexy booty girl:bigsmile: .....can't have you in that nasty boot again :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh crud... I was to late to get my weight in. Next week I'll be more prompt. I had a 3.6 pound loss which I'm pumped about. I gaineda pound last week so maybe that wavjust water weight or something. Everyone looks great... Nice job this week. Here's to getting healthy!

ME TOO!! No worries.......you lost 3.6 WOOT WOOT!!! Andrew was not too happy with the team results..........maybe he will redo with me and you and our almost FIVE POUND WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!

UH....MAYBE:wink: ....................oops, sorry didnt mean to scream:laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!

Woot Out for Janie !!

:smooched:

thanks Bobbi
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!

Woot Out for Janie !!

:smooched:

thanks Bobbi

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Kati and Jeannie-- I'm so happy to know that I contribute to this team, because I truly get so much from all of you. I credit my progress in weight loss and fitness to the support and encouragement here in this little community we have. You care and share these things with me like no other people in my life do.

If I give back even a tenth of what I take from you all, I'm thrilled--

Just got back from Chinese food-- my husband LOVES to drive in this, so we drove to our local Chinese place for dinner-- I ate the broccoli, didn't like the chicken part-- too slimy, had a couple bites of fried rice which wasn't great, and ate the egg roll which wasn't great either-- but it's an egg roll...ya know? Even bad egg rolls are tasty enough.

Heading down to turbo later when the kids get home from their friends-- beautiful day.

school has been canceled for tomorrow, too-- and they were already scheduled to be closed Friday and Monday for President's Day-- so the kids have a 6 day weekend. How cool is that?

Need to type a bit-- later.

Great job everybody this week-- six weeks in, the "grind" part starts-- excitement of the new year resolution is wearing off.

This is when we start separating the wheat from the chaff-- hang tough, my friends-- when the going gets tough, the tough get going, right?

Hit that floor tonight-- (I'm not as nice as Andrew-- ab work can be done every night-- none of this every other night crap)

Love to all!!!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Evening team...Thanks to everybody for your thoughts and prayers for hubby. He came out of surgery today around 12:00 and is doing okay. The surgery went well. He is just having a lot of pain. He gets a shot every 4 hours and pills in between. Tomorrow they want him to get up and walk some. He should be going home on Friday. I made terrible food choices for breakfast and lunch but I went home to check on the boys and had a Healthy Choice meal for dinner so maybe that helped a little. I will do better tomorrow. I hope to get back to the gym on Friday. No snow here, just cold and windy. Hope ya'll enjoy it. I'll try to post tomorrow. Thanks again for your support!!
  • teeneu
    teeneu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Gained a pound this week, I didn't get a chance to send my weight to Andrew this am, trying to finish up report cards this week at school. I'm exercising, but having a hard time making good choices with eating. I'm always so hungry I feel like I'm constantly snacking.

I'm reading the posts daily, but I have a hard time posting most days with work, home, working out etc.. I'm sure if I posted more I'd be less likely to be eating right.

Terry
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy - Great news re: hubby. Prayers for continued strength for healing.

Abs done. Did 40 bicycles, 20 reverse crunches, 20 rock and rollers (have no idea what they're really called. they're from an old Denise Austin VHS) and some airplane rides for the kiddos (major core work for that).

And, no elevator or escalator for me today. Have only taken the elevator once since the first of the year.

I'm going to have to really buckle down to get my rowing done. Missing all of this work is killing me when that is my gym access.

Have a great night everyone!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Evening team...I have to have hubby at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow. They moved his surgery up to 8:00 a.m. instead of 10:30. My oldest has to get the youngest ready for school and deliver him. This ought to be interesting. They are used to me doing things for them. Hope everybody has a good weigh in. I weighed today since I will be up and running so early tomorrow and no change for me. I am going to have to get serious this week!

Andrew...Thanks for the challenge!

Good Luck tomorrow Tammy - Hope all goes well. Prayers and thoughts are with you.
  • zippy111
    Options
    Evening team...Thanks to everybody for your thoughts and prayers for hubby. He came out of surgery today around 12:00 and is doing okay. The surgery went well. He is just having a lot of pain. He gets a shot every 4 hours and pills in between. Tomorrow they want him to get up and walk some. He should be going home on Friday. I made terrible food choices for breakfast and lunch but I went home to check on the boys and had a Healthy Choice meal for dinner so maybe that helped a little. I will do better tomorrow. I hope to get back to the gym on Friday. No snow here, just cold and windy. Hope ya'll enjoy it. I'll try to post tomorrow. Thanks again for your support!!

sorry - should have read all my posts before replying. Glad everything went well!:flowerforyou:
  • zippy111
    Options

Abs...OOhhh I remember what I was going to say........trainer said the bicycle abs on the floor hits every part! I love those puppies.....20 then rest 20 then rest 20 then rest.............gonna do mine tonight!!

Great idea Jeannie...think I'll do the same.