Black Team Challenge Week Six!!!!!

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Donated blood tonight. I was the last donor of the night so they sent home with me, 4 sandwiches - two turkey and two egg salad. Egg salad sounded so good. When I got home DH had baked up some chicken patties and those too, sounded good. So I had both. I knew I was okay with calories b/c of the workout at noon today. But when I stopped to get gas, I also grabbed a small hot chocolate. I've been drinking water like crazy so I hope that will offset the calories and sodium from today. I'm hoping the nausea and wooziness passes soon. Heading to bed!

Good for you. I'm ashamed to admit it, but the last time I gave blood I passed out cold. I came to and couldn't figure out where I was for several seconds. I know I should try it again but I'm a little bit chicken now:blushing:
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Everyone on here is truly an inspiration to me in so many ways and not just fitness. But also to inspire me to just be a better person. I am a single mother of 6 kids. My ex husband and I were middle school sweet hearts. We had 5 daughters together and when he left us for a 17 year old, I thought my life was over. I have held on to a lot of anger and bitterness towards him. But I am finally past that awful chapter in my book. I too can relate to needing help with things for the kids and yes, sometimes it is humiliating but if someone else can help then I let them because my kids deserve it. And in return I help raise money for charities and volunteer at my kids school and in their church. I know it isn't financially giving money back to the one who helped but it is still helping someone else and giving back the best I can right now. I also baby sit when I can for younger parents who just need a break to help them not get so stressed out with life and responcibility. I used to be that young unappreciated parent and there were days I just wanted to run away, but I didn't because I had good people around to help me out. Even if they just sat down and had a cup of coffe with me and a nice chat while the kids were napping. I am now getting remarried, and my higher power has answered my prayers for a good man in my life. We have a 6 month lod son and life is crazy some days but we love it. He is also the one I have that inspires me and gives me the positive support that I need. Sometimes I just need a push and between him and all of you, I feel like I am getting the love and support that I need to keep me motivated! Happy Tuesday Everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here is truly an inspiration to me in so many ways and not just fitness. But also to inspire me to just be a better person. I am a single mother of 6 kids. My ex husband and I were middle school sweet hearts. We had 5 daughters together and when he left us for a 17 year old, I thought my life was over. I have held on to a lot of anger and bitterness towards him. But I am finally past that awful chapter in my book. I too can relate to needing help with things for the kids and yes, sometimes it is humiliating but if someone else can help then I let them because my kids deserve it. And in return I help raise money for charities and volunteer at my kids school and in their church. I know it isn't financially giving money back to the one who helped but it is still helping someone else and giving back the best I can right now. I also baby sit when I can for younger parents who just need a break to help them not get so stressed out with life and responcibility. I used to be that young unappreciated parent and there were days I just wanted to run away, but I didn't because I had good people around to help me out. Even if they just sat down and had a cup of coffe with me and a nice chat while the kids were napping. I am now getting remarried, and my higher power has answered my prayers for a good man in my life. We have a 6 month lod son and life is crazy some days but we love it. He is also the one I have that inspires me and gives me the positive support that I need. Sometimes I just need a push and between him and all of you, I feel like I am getting the love and support that I need to keep me motivated! Happy Tuesday Everyone :flowerforyou:

Jessica, I am so glad you opened up and shared some of your story-- :heart:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Jessica,
    You have an inspriring story. Thanks for sharing . Wow, 6 kids... how do you do it!? You must be supermom, hats off to you.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have been MIA lately... I have been very busy with guests, birthdays, banquets, etc... I am back on track this week. I am losing again... hope all is well with everyone... HOpe to catch up soon.
    :heart:

Hey Dor.......glad to have ya back!

Glad to see you back Jeannie. Missed ya!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning team... We finally got our science fair project done last night at 10:30 and then I typed til 12:30 so once again I'm pooped. One of my son's friends lives with his father who doesn't take very much care as far as school work goes. He came over last night and had not started anything for his project, which is 2 science test grades, so I bought him some supplies and helped him get his project together. I let him use our "back-up" project for my son. We did two just in case one flopped. I have a hard time watching other kids go without if I can help. I think I need about a 36 hour day to get it all done. Oh well. I try every day to stop and be thankful that I have a job (actually 2) and can provide for my family because I know so many are out of work and don't have that blessing, but some days are just a little too much. Hubby is doing much better. We go for his first follow up today. My oldest had to order his class ring today to the tune of $475, which made me really glad I have 2 jobs:laugh: Have a great last chance workout and good luck tomorrow for weigh-in.

being as I was the 'other' kid that someone helped....let me just say you will never know how much you helped him. When I am getting a promotion at work, I think about the people who believed in me when I was a lost kid........Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Ditto what Jeannie said Tammy. Thank you from another grown up "lost kid":heart: It was people like you when I was growing up that showed me that there are wonderful, caring people in the world:flowerforyou: Now, I try to be that "Mom" to my sons' "lost" friends:heart:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :grumble: no change this week....I think I better weigh myself more often to stay motivated ......seems like I lose my motivation on the weekends. It is a vacation week for me this week............if I can stay with the program........it will be huge for me........I tend to overeat when I am not busy:heart: Still hanging in there maybe next week the ticker will move Hugs , Ricie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} Thanks for sharing. I am so proud of you for working through all the garbage to raise you kids. So hard sometimes...Thankful you were able to meet a great guy who will share your life with you!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: JEannie
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Roni - Have told you yet that I love the new hairdo? It looks great!

Thanks Donna! I was nervous about doing it, I have been blonde all my life. But I wanted something different, and Ive been really wanting a makeover since Ive lost so much weight and the hair was about all I could afford to do:laugh: I am so glad I sucked up my fear and just did it! I really do love it. It's so "fun"! And, it was enough of a makeover to satisfy my urge to change my appearance:wink: I am working on going more for Reba McEntire's red...and I would love to have her cut, but thats taking off alot of my length and Im not sure if Im that brave yet:tongue:

Here is the hairdo from her new album

Reba-Cover.jpg
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

Wow Jessica, thank you for sharing your story. I think it is great that you help raise money for charities and do all you do...You are amazing AND you have a 6 month old??? I can't imagine. So great to have a man who loves and supports you in a positive way. We are here for you! It will be a wonder wedding/marriage. Keep at it!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    SpongeMarla reporting in-- AKA The Michelin Man--

Lovely sodium-- up 6.5 pounds-- 6.5 pounds? Really?

How I wish I'd have eaten enough food to warrant such a gain--

Call me a cheater, but I'm not reporting my weight to our fearless leader-- my body is simply ridiculous and I'm not playing this little game today-- this time tomorrow most of it'll be gone again-- so, no freakin' way I'm gonna be stuck with a 6 pound gain for a week.

Need to type a bit-- later.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options

Call me a cheater, but I'm not reporting my weight to our fearless leader-- my body is simply ridiculous and I'm not playing this little game today-- this time tomorrow most of it'll be gone again-- so, no freakin' way I'm gonna be stuck with a 6 pound gain for a week.

I'm a cheater too. I'm also not reporting. It seems silly to report a 2.5 loss one week, then a 3 pound gain the next, then a 3 pound loss the next.... and so on. I appreciate the praise from others when they see I lost 2 or 3 pounds, but I know it's just fluctuation and I'll be back up and then back down again.

I think maybe it's called maintaining. :ohwell:

Anyway, I took away my ticker last week, I'm working on accepting me where I am, I am very much part of this team, but I'm not sure it's productive to report my weight weekly. Sure it feels good to report a loss, but not so good to report it as a gain the next week. Part of the acceptance thing is learning to deal with natural ups and downs, I'm working on it.

So there you go Marla. I'm cheating too.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Three cheers, by the way, for after Valentine's Day Sales--

Behold--

0217100931a.jpg

I never get flowers-- thank God for sales. :wink:
  • tamelab
    Options

I'm a cheater too. I'm also not reporting. It seems silly to report a 2.5 loss one week, then a 3 pound gain the next, then a 3 pound loss the next.... and so on. I appreciate the praise from others when they see I lost 2 or 3 pounds, but I know it's just fluctuation and I'll be back up and then back down again.

I think maybe it's called maintaining. :ohwell:

Anyway, I took away my ticker last week, I'm working on accepting me where I am, I am very much part of this team, but I'm not sure it's productive to report my weight weekly. Sure it feels good to report a loss, but not so good to report it as a gain the next week. Part of the acceptance thing is learning to deal with natural ups and downs, I'm working on it.

So there you go Marla. I'm cheating too.

Well, I guess I'm joining the cheater's team today too. It is my TOM and I am up 3 pounds so I'm not reporting my weight either. It should be gone again by this time next week.
  • tamelab
    Options

Behold--

0217100931a.jpg

Beautiful flowers! I started to buy some for myself at Wal-Mart the other day because they were half off but then I changed my mind again. I do that a lot. My hubby calls me Take It Back Tammy:laugh:
  • tamelab
    Options

Wow Jessica, thank you for sharing your story. I think it is great that you help raise money for charities and do all you do...You are amazing AND you have a 6 month old??? I can't imagine. So great to have a man who loves and supports you in a positive way. We are here for you! It will be a wonder wedding/marriage. Keep at it!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for sharing your story. It is amazing how your life can change when God sends you the right person. Hang in here with us and we will get through this weight loss journey together:smile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Behold--

0217100931a.jpg

I got flowers from hubs for VD. they were leftover flowers from a group that was in house at the hotel he works at.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good morning team... We finally got our science fair project done last night at 10:30 and then I typed til 12:30 so once again I'm pooped. One of my son's friends lives with his father who doesn't take very much care as far as school work goes. He came over last night and had not started anything for his project, which is 2 science test grades, so I bought him some supplies and helped him get his project together. I let him use our "back-up" project for my son. We did two just in case one flopped. I have a hard time watching other kids go without if I can help. I think I need about a 36 hour day to get it all done. Oh well. I try every day to stop and be thankful that I have a job (actually 2) and can provide for my family because I know so many are out of work and don't have that blessing, but some days are just a little too much. Hubby is doing much better. We go for his first follow up today. My oldest had to order his class ring today to the tune of $475, which made me really glad I have 2 jobs:laugh: Have a great last chance workout and good luck tomorrow for weigh-in.

being as I was the 'other' kid that someone helped....let me just say you will never know how much you helped him. When I am getting a promotion at work, I think about the people who believed in me when I was a lost kid........Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Ditto what Jeannie said Tammy. Thank you from another grown up "lost kid":heart: It was people like you when I was growing up that showed me that there are wonderful, caring people in the world:flowerforyou: Now, I try to be that "Mom" to my sons' "lost" friends:heart:

When I was growing up, my dad was an over-the-road truck driver and I stayed with my mom during the week. They divorced when I was about 7 or 8, can't quite remember. My mom had bipolar disorder/manic depressive and had extreme highs and extreme lows, but most of the time she just stayed in bed. I didn't have the support of my mom because she was sick and my dad did the best he could on weekends, but I often was the only kid who didn't have a parent at functions. I got to do the things I wanted to in school but I never had what my friends had. We never had family dinners. Often I would walk home after cheerleading practice or a game or I would have to bum a ride from someone else all the time. I always felt like I wasn't as good as everyone else who had "normal" families and I guess I still hold some of that feeling inside. I try so hard to make sure my boys have what they need and we have family dinners and camping trips and fun stuff that I missed. I am thankful every day that God sent me the blessing of my husband because he is my rock.
  • zippy111
    Options
    :
    [/quote]

When I was growing up, my dad was an over-the-road truck driver and I stayed with my mom during the week. They divorced when I was about 7 or 8, can't quite remember. My mom had bipolar disorder/manic depressive and had extreme highs and extreme lows, but most of the time she just stayed in bed. I didn't have the support of my mom because she was sick and my dad did the best he could on weekends, but I often was the only kid who didn't have a parent at functions. I got to do the things I wanted to in school but I never had what my friends had. We never had family dinners. Often I would walk home after cheerleading practice or a game or I would have to bum a ride from someone else all the time. I always felt like I wasn't as good as everyone else who had "normal" families and I guess I still hold some of that feeling inside. I try so hard to make sure my boys have what they need and we have family dinners and camping trips and fun stuff that I missed. I am thankful every day that God sent me the blessing of my husband because he is my rock.
    [/quote]

Tammy - You have me tearing up over here. Truly and inspiration to us all. We often take for granted the wonderful things we have in our lives. You sound like you were a great kid growing up. I'm sure the families that helped you saw that:flowerforyou: You are a strong person. Hang on to that rock of yours....he sounds like a keeper:heart:
  • zippy111
    Options
    sorry messed up that quote