December MOVE IT 180-360+ minutes a week Challenge

Options
cappri
cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
Are you ready to MOVE-IT, shake and wiggle those bodies??!!

Well December is here and so is a time to set new goals. We have 1 month left in 2012. What are your fitness goals? Are you still getting in those workouts? Do you need a little more motivation? If so please join us.

We are a group who are committed to doing 180 to 360+ minutes of exercise each week (minimum 180). We count minutes for all types of intentional exercise: aerobics, walking, weight training, strength work, stretching or heavy gardening. You be the judge of whether it's exercise or not. Shake and Jiggle it! Wiggle or Bump it! Thump and Stomp it! Womp it!! Kick it!! Flick it!!!

We're here to support, encourage, and set challenges for ourselves. It's all about intention. If we don't make the 180 to 360+ minutes one week, there's next week to go for it.

The weeks starts every Monday in the month and ends the following Sunday at midnight. Then we start all over again the following Monday for week 2, 3, and 4. (and some months week 5)

Newcomers are always welcome!

If at first you don't succeed, you keep trying...just keep coming back to report progress or non-progress...it doesn't matter...it keeps us accountable and that's how we commit to healthy lifestyles. It is a chance to meet new friends and encourage one another along the way.

You can use below form OR make up your own. So who's in for Week #1,2,3, or 4 sometimes 5??

Week # 1 -- December 3 -- Goal 180 minutes:

Mon:
Tue:
Wed:
Thur:
Fri:
Sat:
Sun:

Total / min left: 0 / 180

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks a million!!! I really appreciate it!!! I picked it up and did it for at least 2 years!
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!
  • Vicki_Tx
    Vicki_Tx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! I'm new and haven't done group challenges yet, so how does it work? We post in this forum or do we do something else? I need to be accountable to everyone in order to stay motivated, so let me know. Thanks!
  • harpsbellavita
    harpsbellavita Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in (:
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely up for this challenge!!!
    Count me in!
  • 280days_keto
    280days_keto Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    Thanks, Cappri, for keeping the challenge alive! :flowerforyou:
  • milissamartini
    Options

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

I'm In!!!
  • cappri
    Options
    I'm doing it! I'm new and haven't done group challenges yet, so how does it work? We post in this forum or do we do something else? I need to be accountable to everyone in order to stay motivated, so let me know. Thanks!

We will just post in the challenge thread each day with an update. Take a look at the Move It challenge for November to get an idea of how it works.
  • bzrpz727
    bzrpz727 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think I'll give this a try as my first group challenge! My goal is to keep going over the 360 minute mark. Best of luck everyone! We can do this!
  • cappri
    Options
    Thanks a million!!! I really appreciate it!!! I picked it up and did it for at least 2 years!

No problem! I like having a place to check in my workout minutes and it has helped keep me going for those extra 10 or 15 minutes each day!
  • kdw65
    kdw65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! Thanks!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

No problem! I like having a place to check in my workout minutes and it has helped keep me going for those extra 10 or 15 minutes each day!
    Congratgulations on losing 82 pounds!! You look amazing and truly an inspiration to us all!! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see you reach that hundred and yes this challenge defintiely helps to keep us mindful of moving and pushing ourselves to just do it. In your picture you must already be a size 6 or lower, right? Again amazing loss!!:flowerforyou: You know I be so busy now I am not really able to support the group like I once did but glad I had a chance today to read more about you. Not sure how many month you have been with us but YOU GO GIRL!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm new, I'm in, I'm excited. This sounds like a great accountability platform. Thanks for setting it up, and best wishes to all participants! :smile:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I'm in but not sure what my goal should be. I have been unemployed or underemployed with this economic downturn but now have 4 part-time jobs. One is seasonal and another is a substitute position that will slow down after the holidays. They are all very active so I am wearing a pedometer. Last night my body was aching. I worked 11 hours and 17000 steps but no formal exercise unless you count walking to and from buses. I am certainly moving it. I won't include all my job activity but will be including some when I am working so much I can't get to the gym or lake to run. I am going to start with the lower end as a goal this month but will be getting alot more in at work I am sure.

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

• Vicki_Tx
    Vicki_Tx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • hmclean74
    hmclean74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in but I am not sure how its suppose to work am I suppose to sign up some where else?
  • cappri
    Options
    I'm in but I am not sure how its suppose to work am I suppose to sign up some where else?

No here is fine. We will all just start checking in on Monday.
  • philly3047
    philly3047 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun: