Replies

• mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my bum and thighs are the problem area, always have been. In fact my entire waist is only 4 inches thicker than ONE THIGH. Thats just wrong. What I find helps is calisthenics, the leg exercises I do three times a week, coupled with leg stuff at the gym. I dont have access to a class where I am now, but ballet really works the thighs too. I hate my thighs, they've gotten smaller but are way out of proportion to my waist, thich I think makes tham look even worse. Good luck, and If you find anything else that really works PM me (please!).

Mine is actually the same. Waist = 4 inches larger than one thigh.

Same. I prefer to think, "Yay, I have a tiny waist!" than "Ew, my thighs are gross."

Even when I was skinny and had skinny legs, my waist was 4 inches bigger than my thigh.

I'm like this also. My waist is 3 inches bigger than my one thigh measurement. I've always been shaped that way. And I agree that it's because my waist is small. When I was younger I thought it was because my thighs were big. But, I also just thought that was normal. And actually when I was younger my waist was only one inch bigger than a one thigh measurement (small waist, muscular thighs).
  • nikcasso
    nikcasso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yup. My husband calls me thick. Hips are 39 and upper thighs are 24 but I am good with this. If I loose a little more with my last 20 I have to loose that's fine but I am not expecting it...always been.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    The_Dizzle, your hip-to-thigh ratio is beautiful. I may get drop kicked for saying this but I don't think the whole SpongeBob Squarepants look on women is that attractive (wide hip to skinny leg ratio). Keep crushing it in the gym and looking awesome.

But yes, Chun Li waist-to-thighs trumps Spongbebob SquarePants waist-to-thighs any day.
    2a7eiaa.png
    9aml49.png
    <
    big thighs. I haven't measured them in quite some time because I don't want to see a big number and let the world tell me I'm gross because I don't fit some societal pressurized "norm" (that isn't really a norm). I eat, I jump. I squat. I deadlift. Big numbers. While my legs aren't supermodel legs...they are STRONG. They are beautiful in their own way. They might not look great in shorts yet (darn things always hit me at the widest point on my legs)...but oh well. The upper inner thigh fat is stubborn and doesn't wanna go away. That's my fault - because I'm not a fan of big deficit eating so my fat loss is taking much longer than it could if I just reigned it in.

I'm a woman and women were designed to carry some extra fat in the thighs. Other cultures adore that little bit of fat but for some reason America allows Hollywood to tell us how we should look, which tries to stunt our growth at about age 14. Uhm no.

So - train your legs (heavy lifting is lovely but I've seen some runners and cyclists with fantastic legs as well) and eat better, your body will respond. Just be patient with your thighs - they need love too! :D

*blush* Well thank you so much. I'm glad I came back and read this - there's another guy on here who has said the same thing to me but I brushed him off thinking he was just trying to make me feel good (and he's kind of a leg and booty guy, so the bigger the better I suppose). Now I got the warm fuzzies. KILL SQUATS FTW!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have huge thighs (see picture) and I bloody love them. Aint gonna squat or deadlift heavy with twigs and gaps.
    28848 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SQUAT
    repeat

LOVE THIS!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, I hate my thighs. But they just refuse to go away. My waist is 3 1/2 inches bigger than my right thigh. Uhggg. Awful. I've started doing some butt and thigh workouts on you tube. I've only been doing them for about a week, so no visible results yet, but I know I am sore. LOL! I sure would love to find a quick easy solution to ditching the thighs, but there doesn't seem to be one. Darn!
    I guess the best thing would be to learn to embrace and love our thighs.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, I hate my thighs. But they just refuse to go away. My waist is 3 1/2 inches bigger than my right thigh. Uhggg. Awful. I've started doing some butt and thigh workouts on you tube. I've only been doing them for about a week, so no visible results yet, but I know I am sore. LOL! I sure would love to find a quick easy solution to ditching the thighs, but there doesn't seem to be one. Darn!
    I guess the best thing would be to learn to embrace and love our thighs.

Hey Kalee, You ever stop to think that maybe your thighs are perfectly proportional and you just have a tiny waist? That's how I'd spin it.
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have big thigh :explode: but I also had them when I was thin, wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so hard to find pants that actually fit :grumble:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    My thighs are quite a story.

They have broken blood vessels from getting the crap beat out of me as a kid and then from having them crushed in a truck engine. They have patchy spots of freckles and my left thigh has the constellation of Scorpio on it made of them. I have scars and stuff. They are bigger than most girls thighs in my peer group, but im also bigger than most girls in my peer group but im also way more awesome than most girls in my peer group.

They are powerful as **** and I will never be ashamed of them.

These are aren't the legs of a survivor - they are the legs of a girl that went up against the world and won.

tumblr_megqstA3In1qgw1f2o1_500.jpg
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I luv me some nice thick thighs, just sayin'! =-)
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am definitely booty-thigh-licious, and my husband ADORES it...just marry the right man, and be strong and healthy.:bigsmile:

^ This for Sure^
    I am not over weight...and even when I am running, squatting. lunging etc my thighs stay thick..they just get more muscular!
    My guy loves my legs (Its hard for me to believe sometimes because all the models i see have the legs of young boys...but I am learning to accept my body type and appreciate my feminine curves!)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SQUAT
    repeat

+ Cardio.

Love your thighs, though. When you love them, everyone else does, too.
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    :bigsmile: I love minesssssssssss!! just trying to add some great muscles !!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Spinning.

You will lose them and gain muscle like crazy.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs and I love them. Without my hips and thighs, I wouldn't be curvy. :flowerforyou:

^^this.... & Eat right exercise n repeat..don't quit! It takes a while!
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics such as box jumps, along with walking lunges, squats with weights and elliptical or running have helped mine. If you like kickboxing and don't mind spending the extra money, Turbo Jam from Beachbody helped me tremendously with losing weight.
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    Cardio probably spinning would be best

Squating will only add muscle to your leg and will push the fat out more making your thighs bigger imo
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SQUAT
    repeat

Exactly this.

Squat, Lunge and Repeat.. Your legs will thank you.

Totally agree, this made such a difference to mine for sure :)
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have "polish thighs" too. But I don't mind them as much as I can't stand KNEE FAT. wtf is up with that crap?