• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Bump Bump Bump
    This was definitely needed today
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I love my Tae Kwon Do thighs. I can crack nuts with 'em.
  • sezhep
    sezhep Posts: 57
    Options
    I like my thighs, apart from the very tops. Never gonna have small legs having started dancing age 5!

DSC00787.jpg

camerapics102.jpg

Bad pics for muscle tone :/
    Note to self: Take some better ones.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have always hated my thighs, even when I was skinny. Before last year, I couldn't remember the last time I wore a bathing suit without shorts over it (I posted about this in a blog and put up a pic of me in high school, tiny, at the beach in shorts) my husband was the only person who ever saw me in just a bathing suit at our pool.
    In 2011 just after joining MFP, I decided to compete in a figure competition. Nothing like going from never wearing a bathing suit to getting up in front of hundreds of strangers in something that covers less than a bathing suit and being judged. (There is a before and after pic in my photos)
    I'm still self conscious about them, but working on it and getting much better. I spent my entire honeymoon in a bathing suit. I'm still shy around those I know.
    I don't have any good ones from my competition on my phone but there are some on my before and after photo.

7B9BAC79-3373-44E0-928E-8ECDC1F22C4B-3449-000003BC816E8984.jpg

8961D53B-2402-4D16-AA2E-74CD4C8837B1-3425-000003BBCD14EAD2.jpg

(Same shirt, months apart)

As for my calves - I was so excited to spot my calf muscle in a wedding pic. I love them
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I have hated my thighs for years. But going through this thread has really changed my opinion towards them and in a positive way. My confidence is slowly building! Thank you!
    I am 5'6" with 21 inch thighs (I have NO idea whether that is good, bad, or somewhere in between.... :P)
    We definitely need more threads like this!! XD
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have always hated my thighs, even when I was skinny. Before last year, I couldn't remember the last time I wore a bathing suit without shorts over it (I posted about this in a blog and put up a pic of me in high school, tiny, at the beach in shorts) my husband was the only person who ever saw me in just a bathing suit at our pool.
    In 2011 just after joining MFP, I decided to compete in a figure competition. Nothing like going from never wearing a bathing suit to getting up in front of hundreds of strangers in something that covers less than a bathing suit and being judged. (There is a before and after pic in my photos)
    I'm still self conscious about them, but working on it and getting much better. I spent my entire honeymoon in a bathing suit. I'm still shy around those I know.
    I don't have any good ones from my competition on my phone but there are some on my before and after photo.

(Same shirt, months apart)

As for my calves - I was so excited to spot my calf muscle in a wedding pic. I love them

Well you look fing amazing in your profile pics and these ones! wow! it takes a brave person to go on stage and be judge :).. i think so anyway.
  • HPChelsey
    Options
    I love my thighs! To be honest, my legs are my absolute favorite part on my body. I used to hate wearing shorts or skirts. I would wear jeans in 100 degree weather. Now, I wear shorts almost every day of the year... Thank goodness I live in a pretty warm climate, most of the time anyway. I went from owning millions of pairs of jeans to owning millions of shorts. lol. If I was a man, I'd be a leg man. haha! I'll have to remember to get a pic..
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_megqstA3In1qgw1f2o1_500.jpg

I feel like I come in here every 2 or 3 weeks to hug my thighs.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm getting there! I have my bad days when I'm disgusted with them, but other times I'm pretty pleased with myself. I'm naturally a pear shape, so my booty and thighs are where any little bit of fat goes. Even when I was at my lowest weight (too low) I still had a big lower half. My husband's grandfather actually told me, "Don't lose any more weight. You'll still have the problem on the bottom." Yeah. Thanks. Stuff like that doesn't help!

They're 22" at the top, btw. After reading through this thread I recognize that it's not really big. But it bugs me because: 1) I'm pretty small on top (34 A and very slender); and 2) I have this bulge right at the top of my inner thighs that really stands out and makes me just look (or at least feel) flabby. My lower body looks like it belongs on a thicker upper body. I'm doing lots of upper body weight lifting in the hopes that I can balance it out a bit.

I've been maintaining my weight loss for two years this week (YAY) and only in the last six months have I figured out the importance of strength training (DUH). I amazed at how quickly my legs have gotten stronger! I've gotten stronger all over, but my legs in particular have impressed me. They have gotten seriously hard (a girlfriend gave my leg a friendly squeeze at dinner a couple of months ago, then stopped and looked at me and said "dang, girl!!") and though they are still bigger than what I'd like them to be, I am proud of them anyway!

A few weeks ago I had a revelation... I saw myself in the mirror in a short skirt and I realized that my legs looked HOT. I realized that if I saw them on another woman I would admire them and probably be jealous. But they're mine! And they're getting better every day. I just wish I could think like that ALL the time. They may always be bigger than I'd like, but I hope to someday be 100% comfortable with that.

I'll have to get a pic up here to share with all the other lovely ladies that inspire me =)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options

And thank you for doing it! Your confidence and outlook on life are impressive.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If anything my thighs are not big enough! lol I'm trying to get to this status :-)

1104728_9951.jpg
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options

Oh Yoovs....so do I. I was really unhappy with myself for pretty much bingeing over the holidays (okay, like ALL of December) and I put on a solid eight pounds in two months. And I can see the bit o' extra fatty fat clinging to my thighs. But rather than get all down and out about it...I said "self, you are a mfkn bada$$ - stop your pity party and do something about it!"....and well, I took a picture. Channeling some Lara Croft here...okay, not really....but yeah. I still love my thighs - they helped me squat 175-185# this week! BOOOM So I'll get over the excess weight - even if I did gain .5" on them recently. ;)
    IMG_4149s.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Oh Yoovs....so do I. I was really unhappy with myself for pretty much bingeing over the holidays (okay, like ALL of December) and I put on a solid eight pounds in two months. And I can see the bit o' extra fatty fat clinging to my thighs. But rather than get all down and out about it...I said "self, you are a mfkn bada$$ - stop your pity party and do something about it!"....and well, I took a picture. Channeling some Lara Croft here...okay, not really....but yeah. I still love my thighs - they helped me squat 175-185# this week! BOOOM So I'll get over the excess weight - even if I did gain .5" on them recently. ;)

that's how its done.

beyonce2.gif
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I love ladies' thighs too. Juicier than breasts.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I love the boots...along with the other stuff too. :)
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

IMG_4149s.jpg

That is an awesome pic!
    This thread rocks! Hooray thighs!
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump Bump Bump
    This was definitely needed today

Amen to that!!!
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    I agree. Be proud of those thighs. Show them off. Look at KimK
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The_dizzle and Galletakeks have some incredibly sexy legs.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't "love" the way my thighs look yet, but I WANT big, beautiful, strong ladies. As women we are supposed to have a lot of leg strength. I will post a photo of my thighs that I love because they are part of me, and if I don't love me, who will? THANK YOU for posting this!!!!