Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I love my thighs!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    She's right, men love curves. Stick legs are not very sexy.
    Some of us have stick legs, it's genetic (both my parents have them). I'm not going to put the measurements here because apparently I'm a 14 year old girl (going on 40). I never knew I was supposed to have a complex about my legs/thighs until I came to MFP. Geesh peeps you don't have to hate something you don't have to love something you do have. I love my legs even though they don't bulk. I love my body even though I'm not curvy. <3

12-9-12legs2.jpg
    sorry for the bad picture. here are my "stick legs"^ and for the sake of my stomach I'll have even less curvy legs when I'm done here. but I still love them, they've dutifully carried me around for many years <3

Thank you Jimmyalice v :) I agree. The point I was trying to make was you don't have to hate something to love something else. There is beauty in all shapes and sizes.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ginger veg- you're right. If you are naturally slim there is nothing wrong with your slim (or maybe even thin) legs. We as women have to learn to love our own natural body shape. Some women are naturally tiny and look gorgeous, but there is nothing worse than a stick thin woman who is not naturally small, they look emaciated and ill, Nike used to advertise using a great slogan some years ago, 'It's not the shape you are, it's the shape you're in'. I have big thighs, 24'', and a butt to match, a bit of weight to lose, but my thighs don't really bother me, I just want to lose a bit of belly, and be toned and firm. I do love these women on this thread though, and the guys appreciating the thighs - real men not scared of strong women :wink:
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    How do I post pics?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Some of us have stick legs, it's genetic (both my parents have them). I'm not going to put the measurements here because apparently I'm a 14 year old girl (going on 40). I never knew I was supposed to have a complex about my legs/thighs until I came to MFP. Geesh peeps you don't have to hate something you don't have to love something you do have. I love my legs even though they don't bulk. I love my body even though I'm not curvy. <3

12-9-12legs2.jpg
    stick legs^ and for the sake of my stomach I'll have even less curvy legs when I'm done here. but I still love them, they've dutifully carried me around for many years <3

Thank you Jimmyalice v :) I agree. The point I was trying to make was you don't have to hate something to love something else. There is beauty in all shapes and sizes.

They don't look stick-like, in that photo or any of your profile photos. They just look like normal, slender, shapely women's legs. :flowerforyou:

I personally like my legs better now than I did when I was skinny in my early 20s, but I liked them just fine then, too. And more than half of what I like about them now is based on performance, not aesthetics. Function over form.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Seriously just do it, you will get loads of positives, honest
    Damn - I so badly wish that I could add a photo to this thread.
    Oh well :(

No there is another reason I can't...
    I have heaps of scars on my thighs, I'm an excutter /:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    No there is another reason I can't...
    I have heaps of scars on my thighs, I'm an excutter /:

Easier said that done, but ... own them. It's part of what makes you who you are today. :smile:

I have scars that look like shotgun wounds all over my legs because I'm highly allergic to flea and mosquito bites. Leg scars take FOREVER to heal. Sometimes I dab a little makeup on them, or edit them out in photoshop, but most of the time... screw it. It's who I am.
  • gingerveg
    Options

12-9-12legs2.jpg
    stick legs^ and for the sake of my stomach I'll have even less curvy legs when I'm done here. but I still love them, they've dutifully carried me around for many years <3

They don't look stick-like, in that photo or any of your profile photos. They just look like normal, slender, shapely women's legs. :flowerforyou:

I personally like my legs better now than I did when I was skinny in my early 20s, but I liked them just fine then, too. And more than half of what I like about them now is based on performance, not aesthetics. Function over form.

Thank you darling :) I don't think they look abnormal either. I agree with you about performance--my legs might be on the skinny side but they are incredibly strong. Also having 18"-19" thighs does not mean that men/women will not ever ever find you attractive because they "prefer curves" etc. It's just a stinking number for crikey's sake and everyone is built different.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Just because we are trying to embrace something in ourselves that others might label a "flaw" doesn't mean we are insulting those who don't have this characteristic.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just because we are trying to embrace something in ourselves that others might label a "flaw" doesn't mean we are insulting those who don't have this characteristic.

Thank you!
  • DivaSlimsDown
    Options
    I hated my thighs...now I love that they are so toned and dont rub!
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    This is just my edited attempt at putting a picture in here. Anybody feel free to jump in and help me at any time. ;)
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    2r4it6x.jpg
  • gingerveg
    Options

I don't know if this was directed towards what I wrote, but it is exactly my point. There is no need for threads that are meant to celebrate our bodies to include posts that say things like; stick legs are not attractive, or legs under a certain size are ugly, or whatever. So please can we stop leaving insulting posts (like the one I quoted a page back). I don't know why anyone would feel as if they need to criticize others to make the point that what they have is better. So yeah, I love the spirit of this thread and the pictures. Everyone is beautiful no need to hate on those who don't have large thighs. The title is " ladies who love their thighs" not ladies who have thighs that are x size, length, shape etc.
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love the spirit of this thread, too. While I do not yet love my thighs, I am working towards it. I love the progress they are making. As a former cheerleader and dancer, I know that I have strong, powerful legs that have just been neglected for too long. I am working hard to restore them to their full glorious potential. Someday I will feel comfortable in shorts and they will see the light of day again!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Two things I hate about my thighs:

- saddlebags
    - fat knees

No. I will never LOVE my thighs. That's one club I'll never enter.
    Did you even READ the thread?

If you hate them so much, do something about them. I've lost 2 inches off my hips from lifting...squats do a body good!

Then why are you here if you're determined to hate your thighs? This is supposed to be a thread where we celebrate our bodies...warts, scars, thick, thin, what have you. You can do whatever the frell you want, but please keep the negativity to yourself.
    Kthxbai.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    5E773EBD-71BC-4BD2-8A32-7991AB33085B-2036-00000118310793DE.jpg

Love my legs in general!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I don't know if this was directed towards what I wrote, but it is exactly my point. There is no need for threads that are meant to celebrate our bodies to include posts that say things like; stick legs are not attractive, or legs under a certain size are ugly, or whatever. So please can we stop leaving insulting posts (like the one I quoted a page back). I don't know why anyone would feel as if they need to criticize others to make the point that what they have is better. So yeah, I love the spirit of this thread and the pictures. Everyone is beautiful no need to hate on those who don't have large thighs. The title is " ladies who love their thighs" not ladies who have thighs that are x size, length, shape etc.

I understand and agree. I see it a lot that people will say that they love their body because they don't want to look like...followed by insulting other bodies. It's very common, not just on mfp, but everywhere. I think that if we really love our bodies, we will not feel the need to insult other bodies. We can embrace and love our bodies without needing it to be a comparison. That's where the problem is. People feel bad about their bodies when they compare themselves to others and they seek to feel better by reversing comparisons. But, it just doesn't work that way. We don't truly love our bodies until we love it as it is, without making a comparison to try and qualify it in some way.

And with that said, when a person says they love something about their body and details what they love about it, they are practicing body appreciation (maybe even embracing something they once saw as a flaw) and not insulting others. We all should be able to do that without people thinking we are insulting others. I have seen that side of it as well and often think that if I embrace myself as I am, others will think I'm bragging or something, which can result in people wanting to scrutinize for flaws, be critical, knock someone down, point out the thing they are embracing is really a flaw, bla bla bla. Anyway, everyone has their own history with their body and we never know what another person's history is.
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This could very well be my favorite post ever! :)
  • lrobi400
    Options
    I love my thighs!