Show me ur heavy lifting results please!

Options

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Oh wow wow WOW! You're all so darn hot and healthy looking peeps!! I so love strength training but suffer from lordosis (weird curvature of spine - runs in the family!) and need to work out how I can develop upper body strength whilst not crippling my back. Is core strength the answer? I'd love to have a session with a personal trainer but finances don't currently permit!

Keep up the good work hard-bod folks!

xx

I have scoliosis (curvature of the spine) and get by. I up my weights very slowly to make sure I don't hurt myself. My ortho says to be extra cautious on deadlifts, but didn't tell me I shouldn't do them. Add me if you are interested in lifting and would like friends with similar limitations!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW) before & after picture. The "before" was actually a few weeks after I started, but it was taken in May 2012. The after was the day I finished stage 7 on Nov. 19, 2012 (the 1st time - I've since repeated stage 7). In the first picture, I weigh 190 lb. (I'm 5'5") and in the 2nd picture, I'm 183 lb.

NROLFWside2.jpg
  • vegapsi
    Options
    acdcgx.jpg
    Stayed around 148 in all the pics. These were from Jamie Eason LiveFit and James Wilson Body Earned.
  • bump!!
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    How do you attach pictures?
  • vmarie74
    vmarie74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So motivating - I will this on my 30ds which will start this weekend. Looking forward to my after pictures. :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Urgh. I've never posted these anywhere before so I'm a little nervous about it. :embarassed: My results are definitely not as impressive as others (I still have to lose 20 lbs just to get out of the 'overweight' category), but I keep on keepin' on and I am definitely progressing. I've been lifting seriously since about August. So here are some before/durings.

progress1.jpg

Here's the difference from when I started in March of last year to now. I actually started at 234 lbs but didn't take pics right away so my first pics are at 227. My highest weight was 245.

progress2.jpg

And squats/deadlifts/lunges have definitely improved my butt and legs.

progress3.jpg
  • vmarie74
    vmarie74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    save
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Urgh. I've never posted these anywhere before so I'm a little nervous about it. :embarassed: My results are definitely not as impressive as others (I still have to lose 20 lbs just to get out of the 'overweight' category), but I keep on keepin' on and I am definitely progressing. I've been lifting seriously since about August. So here are some before/durings.

progress1.jpg

Here's the difference from when I started in March of last year to now. I actually started at 234 lbs but didn't take pics right away so my first pics are at 227. My highest weight was 245.

progress2.jpg

progress3.jpg

You have no idea how badly I needed to see this. I started at a similar weight as you, and my goal weight is your current weight. You look phenomenal, and it's encouraging to know I can look like this!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    here are mine:
    561C49C4-6C30-43BE-ADB9-58C9DCB1BE44-3904-00000131124EB54E.jpg

I crossfit and have been for a year now, but that picture was from 3 months of crossfit and eating clean!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

progress3.jpg

Wow you did GOOOOOOD!!
  • chachii26
    Options
    Bump!!
  • bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

progress3.jpg
    How tall are you?
    These pics are very inspirational for me. I started out at the same weight and my butt looks similar to your before pictures. Good to know that squats and deadlifts do pay off! Thank you so much for posting these and congrats on your progress!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I need to start lifting. I just don't know where to start :/

I have NROLFW .. somewhere.

http://bloging.lifeplusfitness.com/index.php/bikini-body-8-week-program/

i think someone posted that routine on this site and it looks like a great place to start if you haven't lifted before.

Thank you for this! I have lost a lot of weight, but I know if I lifted, I'd probably be happy with my current weight. Blah, it's my failt, I'm lazy.

Thank you!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    650371_6185.jpg

650371_643.jpg
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    650371_6185.jpg

650371_643.jpg

holy crap! that's nuts!! so many great pics in here.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    one pic in profile..
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

progress3.jpg

Ohhhh I have legs envy
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh I have legs envy

I was so unsure about posting these that I sent them to my friend first and asked if I should, so thank you meganmason9, skinnyinnotime, bloodysore and Yanicka1 for being so kind. Seriously. :flowerforyou:

bloodysore, I'm 5'6". At 174 lbs, that actually puts me a lot closer to an 'obese' bmi than a 'normal' one, so I'd still like to lose at least another 25 lbs.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Alright - finally had time to throw some pics together.
    I was 220 lbs two years ago and well over 40% bodyfat. I started MFP in July/August 2011 at 187 lbs and 36+% bodyfat. I started lifting in March this year doing NROL4W, abandoned ship the end of July for Starting Strength, and just recently in the past four weeks started a mix of crossfit style workouts with powerlifting.

Today I'm around 150-155, 5'5" and about 24% bodyfat (as far as I can tell). My diet is NOT in check, however, and for this reason my progress hasn't been as good as it COULD be...but nonetheless, I think the lifting has done amazing things for the recomposition of my body. Jen Dizzle version 2.0 starts tomorrow. Taking these pictures today and my slower progress this year are waking me up...I need to get off the sugar train. I'm badddddd with candy *guilty look*.

Start of MFP:
    projectIcon-3.jpg

and an assortment of "in progress" pictures from the past three or four months:

projectIcon-2.jpg

projectIcon-1.jpg

...annnnnd...these pictures are from this afternoon - yesterday was my birthday and I ate *all* the food. It's evident in my bloat too. Oh well, needed before pics for Jen Dizzle 2.0. ;) And I really hate showing my tummeh and baby battle wounds. :/ But if it will inspire anyone to start lifting heavy *kitten* - then I'm all in!

12612before.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!