Show me ur heavy lifting results please!

Options

Replies

• Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Wow! such a difference! even in your face! keep up the good work!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hold on Im having a psychic vision. Weight rooms across the country are gonna see a massive influx of women lifters.

I wish...still the only heavy female lifter in my gym and when I swap gyms next year, one of very few women in the gym fullstop (it is a lush strength training haven with 3, yes 3 squat racks...oooh!)
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    bump
  • forasmallerass
    Options
    Bump
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    ...some days I really hate photobucket.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am still very much a work in progress, I have never posted pictures before so hope the links work. I have been lifting heavy for 5 months and have only lost about 8-9 lbs but I love the way it makes me feel and it has done AMAZING things for my backside, or atleast thats what my husband says!

Stats: 5'2 SW: 178 CW: 169

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0385.jpg
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Squishy back with spine sticking out:
    7A.jpg
    5A.jpg

Back after ~3 months of 5/3/1:
    back1.jpg
    back2.jpg
    back3.jpg

(yay! i outsmarted photobucket! okay, maybe we shouldn't go that far.)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Hold on Im having a psychic vision. Weight rooms across the country are gonna see a massive influx of women lifters.

I would welcome this :laugh: I'm the only one in there right now. Some days I feel like pulling other women over and showing them how great it can be. LOL

I go to two gyms as I live in 2 different places right now. complete contrast. One has a rack of cardio machines and people do a double-take when I walk in the weights room because they think I'm lost. The other gym? They wonder where my muscles are and can't wait to see me toned like the rest of the women there (I would add that the second gym seems friendlier......)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So inspired! I've been flirting with the idea of "New Rules" for awhile now, but I find weight lifting SO. DANG. BORING! Varied cardio is the only way to keep my brain interested (or more misty-woo-woo slow stuff like yoga or ballet)! Did anybody else who has stuck with a heavy lifting program struggle with this at the beginning or all the way through?

I do. I usually hate every minute of lifting (although I am in the minority, most women say they love it after trying it). However, the mirror keeps me motivated.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    What an amazing thread full of inspiring people.

If I can figure out how to add a picture I will share too!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    So inspired! I've been flirting with the idea of "New Rules" for awhile now, but I find weight lifting SO. DANG. BORING! Varied cardio is the only way to keep my brain interested (or more misty-woo-woo slow stuff like yoga or ballet)! Did anybody else who has stuck with a heavy lifting program struggle with this at the beginning or all the way through?

It's been the same as running for me. Didn't enjoy it much at first, but the better I got at it, the more I liked it.

Plus SL is such a simple program, I don't have time to get bored. And I'm lifting at home, so I can watch whatever I want on the tv, and I don't just have to sit/stand there between sets. Sometimes I read a little, sometimes I scoop the cat box or start a load of laundry, sometimes I pop onto the computer and read little MFP.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mekdjiCdDO1qffloyo1_r1_500.jpg
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

It's been the same as running for me. Didn't enjoy it much at first, but the better I got at it, the more I liked it.

Plus SL is such a simple program, I don't have time to get bored. And I'm lifting at home, so I can watch whatever I want on the tv, and I don't just have to sit/stand there between sets. Sometimes I read a little, sometimes I scoop the cat box or start a load of laundry, sometimes I pop onto the computer and read little MFP.

Agreed! I started with New Rules and found it to be boring and a bit overcomplicated as you go on. Switched to Strong Lifts, much more streamlined and to the point!
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Damn, Yoovie! BTW - How tall are you?
  • yoovie
    Options
    Damn, Yoovie! BTW - How tall are you?

5'10
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You got a mighty impressive shape on you. And I'm really glad I've started lifting - lol.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by so that this thread shows on my feed in the hope that everybody on my FL stops by and sees these results.

Congrats to everybody here. You all look amazing.
  • yoovie
    Options
    thank you!!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow- so motivating and inspiring....everyone looks friggin amazing...I need a program for lifting...so strong lift is simpler than NROLFW? I just started to read the book yesterday....
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!