Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Options

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I will probably watch it on Youtube or something on my day off, or I'll record it. I love girly things, beautiful hair, makeup, and fashion, so I'll definitely enjoy it.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Who is Victoria? And what is this secret she has?
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have a picture/model I ripped out of one of the Christmas catologs on my "sweet/carb" pantry door. It reminds me that I dont ALWAYS need that chocolate or few crackers when I am bored. And that I certainly wont get my goal bod if I snack.

They are my no snack when you are bored role models.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Might watch if I'm not still at the gym. My boyfriend rates the garments while I rate the girls. There is nothing abnormal about that at all, I'm sure.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I am watching, cause they are sexxxaaayy (:
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Yep. I'll be watching it. Adriana Lima makes my panties drop.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not. I don't have a problem with it, though. I haven't seen a VS model that could kick my *kitten* yet, so I feel very secure.

I used to moonlight at VS for a while, so maybe I'm biased.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be watching! I look forward to it every year, and I don't feel the need to starve myself after watching.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be watching. Its a fun show with fun music and those women are absolutely gorgeous.

Its the best part of the Christmas season.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to watch it because I don't really care. And I'm a loyal Angel card holder.

Many of those models look great but don't seem like they've got two brain cells to rub together. Not all of them, but definitely some.
  • klab11
    klab11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will be watching it and I usually enjoy it. I will say that I do think that most of those girls are either blessed with a ridiculous body and or they work their butts off, literally. ****, wouldn't you if you wore underwear for a living!
    I watch the show more as a musical. There are typically stellar guest artists on there that are super fun to watch! The choreographing and the works of art that the girls walk in are amazing.

With that being said, I will be a viewer. I will enjoy it because of the music, the outfits and simply all of the artistic factors.
    I will not for one second say to myself that I wish I looked like them or think for a second that I could look like them if I tried. not even an option. :)
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm going to watch it while I'm working out. Maybe the OH will see and it'll nudge him to buy me the hrm I want for Xmas. ;)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Never watched it, never will. The women are all so tiny and beautiful and it makes me feel hideous. I know it shouldn't. I do... but I can't stop myself from feeling miserable after seeing modeling shows.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Are you Kidding Me!!! Hot girls in hardly anything Lingerie.. I will be Watching!!! I may TIVO for Future entertainment =)
    :love:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching.

None of the following shows over the years have equaled the wondrous spectacle of the very first one, though. I just LOVED the aerial theatrics.. and the WINGS. So cool...
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just watching a few min everytime... It bores me. They are no doubt all beautiful but that doesn't make me feel bad about myself. These bishes can't deadlift 230 pounds! So I win by default. :laugh:
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    She doesn't watch the show yet still purchases the goods which pay them to look "emaciated" boycotting fail.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Using Marisa Miller as an example, VS girls are anomalies of the human body. Marisa Miller is 110 pounds but carries a set of 34D's on her chest. And then add the fact that her breasts defy gravity. They're naturally super perky. Now, I get it...some breasts are naturally perky. I get that. But a 34 inch bust, 23 inch waist, 110 pounds, and D cups. That's just freaky.

I have a theory that VS models are genetically engineered.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Also, in the not caring population. I also haven't touched my TV for anything beside election coverage and debates. I really only watch things on the internet.

I think the ideals portrayed by the VS fashion show are already everywhere. You can't escape it. I don't really know how not watching it will make me feel better. But I make my own goals and I think I'm pretty sexy and I'm content with my body in its functionality and general appearance. Could be better, but I don't oooh or ahhhh over VS model bodies.

Why is no one mentioning the outfits though? The pics I've seen have involved some super cool wings and ****. It's pretty fun.

Also, gunna point out that that theoretically could be me. The "it's an ideal" doesn't quite apply. I'm 6 feet and have DDs. Boobies and tallness are covered...the thin toned thing....no so much.