Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Options

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    The more someone proclaims that they'd never want to look like that, the more inclined I am to think that they do want to.
    The more someone goes on about how anorexic and gross they look, the more jealous the speaker looks.

They're hot, but for some of them it's a good thing VS bras are so padded lol. I'd probably trade my boobs for that body in a heartbeat though.

Also don't think there is enough of anything on those girls to "wiggle," and if they didn't have any muscle those silly headdresses and wings would knock them all over.

Exactly. The minute somebody says how "anorexic" they look, you know they would give their eye teeth to look like that. I personally think the majority them look amazingly fit and healthy. They are not as skinny as typical high fashion runway models, and have a bit more muscle. Great inspiration!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that most of these girls are thin naturally. I was thin naturally when I was their age, but I didn't have the body shape or height for it. It's much easier to be thin when you're 18 or whatever age these girls are.
  • jeokay20
    Options
    u need to remember that yes VS fashion show is to me more than skinny *****es. the last thing on earth i worry about is what they r doing to harm themselves and that is their prerogative. but the fashion show is awesome. the creation of wings, the set design, just all the eclectic things that are designed just for the show is the real reason i watch the show. sorry im an art dork, lol
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I aspire to look like a VS super model. I think Candace is beautiful and she said herself she works out hard and looking good is literally her job! IMO she has a great figure and doesn't look like a stick, working towards that :)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    I'm a fan of Candice as well. She is curvy and skinny at the same time - most girls don't get the best of both worlds like that!

No matter how skinny I get, I will never have that waist. I've made my peace with it, but it's interesting in seeing others who have a similar BMI, yet have such a different shape from myself.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    ^ Yeah, they are all beautiful!
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm much more confident about myself and my self image than those women texting silly things like, "I think I'll starve myself for a week". I love myself for who I am so I'm good!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    I'm much more confident about myself and my self image than those women texting silly things like, "I think I'll starve myself for a week". I love myself for who I am so I'm good!

Ditto. The key to skinniness (and more importantly health) is to NOT starve yourself. Since I changed my eating habits, I am eating so much wonderful, GOOD food. Yes, I am eating about a third of the calories I once was, but I enjoy my food so much more.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I wear VS bras. But I won't catch the show.

Sure, it's fun to watch. The models look great. They are also genetic "10s." They no doubt work hard to stay at a low weight, and a few have crazy tricks to lean up before a show.

But most of them are below a healthy BMI. Some of them are only around 15 or 16 BMI. A couple are put in school girl type costumes that are a little creepy for me. Miranda Kerr always look radiant and naturally skinny. I have my doubts about some of the others.

It feels disordered to look up to these select underweight people as the best of our gender.
    VSecret couldn't find a single girl with a BMI of 18 or 19 to model their lingerie? Ever?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    There were more than a few that I would guess to be above 18. My thighs don't touch, and I am above 18 as well.

Hell, I know people who are above 20 who's thighs don't touch. That's genetics. It doesn't mean you're underweight.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I wear VS bras. But I won't catch the show.

Sure, it's fun to watch. The models look great. They are also genetic "10s." They no doubt work hard to stay at a low weight, and a few have crazy tricks to lean up before a show.

But most of them are below a healthy BMI. Some of them are only around 15 or 16 BMI. A couple are put in school girl type costumes that are a little creepy for me. Miranda Kerr always look radiant and naturally skinny. I have my doubts about some of the others.

It feels disordered to look up to these select underweight people as the best of our gender.
    VSecret couldn't find a single girl with a BMI of 18 or 19 to model their lingerie? Ever?

I enjoy the show, but don't look up to the models as role models. Miranda Kerr is gorgeous and actually one of the slimmest models. Some are very slim. But, most of them have a BMI of 18 or 19. They do not have a bmi of 15 or 16, that is at the point of experiencing internal damage. The VS lingerie models are not as thin as the "high fashion" models. They do have the pink line for college girls, and those models are generally younger. The styles are too young for me, but that is the line I shop from because it is also their petite line.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    First time I've ever watched it, I was surprised that many of them didn't have rib cages and bones sticking out like so many women often preach. A good portion of them looked healthy.. I expected to see a bunch of emaciated sickly females in lingerie or something from the way I hear people constantly put VS models down.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I watch it for the same reason most people do - entertainment. I'm sure Miranda Kerr doesn't get on the runway and think to herself, "Man I hope that young girls will watch this, and decide not to eat tomorrow". She just wants to put on a great show, and entertain us!!

VS Fashion show isn't about perpetuating some stereotype of what women need to look like. It is a great show for us all to enjoy.

If anything, I actually think VS models are the healthiest looking group of models I've seen so far. The majority just look in shape, coupled with glowing skin. They look genuinely happy. Unlike a lot of other runway shows I've seen.

Hell, in the end it actually motivates me to get my *kitten* to the gym so that I can look sexy in undies too, if anything ;)
  • deanna348
    Options
    I am going to watch it but only for the articles!!!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    u need to remember that yes VS fashion show is to me more than skinny *****es. the last thing on earth i worry about is what they r doing to harm themselves and that is their prerogative. but the fashion show is awesome. the creation of wings, the set design, just all the eclectic things that are designed just for the show is the real reason i watch the show. sorry im an art dork, lol

That's how I feel. And I am fully aware that no matter how much a strength train or how much I lose weight, I won't come close to looking like the models because of my height and bone structure. So I don't even bother comparing myself to them and picturing what they look like as my goal. They're gorgeous, and good for them. And they're just one part of a beautiful show!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Honestly - I've thought for quite some time that Victoria Secret had very healthy looking models - I think its quite obvious when there is a girl or two on the run way that looks sickly.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    didn't watch, but from the pics I saw, rihanna looked hot.

thats all I got.

the models (for the most part) looked healthy.. if you want emaciated, check out some of the women who walk for NY Fashion Week. I personally am aiming for a body that has more muscle definition than the models, but to each his own
  • steelmaggie228
    steelmaggie228 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    UGH! I forgot to record it! I love the VS Fashion Show!
  • steelmaggie228
    Options
    Will not watch, wife won't let me.

Will look for on youtube tomorrow.

Will you be doing that while she is asleep also? :wink:

Nah, i'll wait until mfp gets boring

Shouldnt get boring with all the incoming posts about super models and how they ruin peoples lives.

Win.
  • steelmaggie228
    Options
    Will not watch, wife won't let me.

Will look for on youtube tomorrow.

Will you be doing that while she is asleep also? :wink:

Nah, i'll wait until mfp gets boring

quMVO.gif

More win.