Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Options

Replies

• starjumper12
    Options
    i'm far too distracted by the wings and glitter to notice the girls... i record it every year.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i'll be watching...
    my christmas list might get bigger though!
  • Sherry2555
    Sherry2555 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have already set my alarm to watch it tonight (I am not a big TV watcher--so had I not seen it advertised on Facebook I would have missed it!). While I have no desire to be as thin as they are watching it is still motivation to keep working to be MY best!

P.S. also put a note on my alarm to do squats and lunges while watching--trying to get the bum in shape :wink:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Reminds me that I need a new VS push-up bra; this old one I'm wearing is not fitting me properly now that I've lost weight..
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many of us feel intimidated or "less than" if we meet an astrophysicist? We can't be ALL things. "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is great in others belong to us as well" - Voltaire:smooched:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Won't be watching..never do. Never found 95% of the "models" out there attractive. Too skinny most of the time, not really pretty at all. I've seen more beauty on the short time I've been on MFP than I have in any "beauty" contest/show.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ehh I shop at Fredericks...not VS.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well you are not hideous. I won't watch just because I don't find it entertaining. Must be an episode of "Three's Company" on that would be much more entertaining. :wink:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    No interest in watching it. But I heard in a promo that Justin Bieber's part of the show. That scares me.
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I wish they showed a variety of healthy models in a variety of healthy sizes. That is all.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has always had high standards for their models. A few years ago when the model/health issue was brought to light they placed a body fat% of no less then 17%. All of Vickie's Models complied. I believe the models are healthy and do it the right way . They sure as hell do not look unhealthy or underfed, they look strong.

And let's not forget, I bet every single one of them have amazing genes and willpower. A lot of them are taller as well. They do not intimidate, nor inspire me. I will never be 5'8 or that body shape. It is just my genetics to be short :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm going to watch it. My husband can watch it with me, if he would like. I'm sure he likes seeing some of the ladies in their bras and panties, although to be honest the cheesiness and the giggly girly profiles, and the music (last year Katy Perry performed), and the excess (diamond bras) are not things he appreciates (and neither do I).

The one thing I did not like about it last year was the way they kept saying that it was every little girl's dream to be a Victoria Secret Angel Model, and that some little girl could be watching now and they want her to know it's possible and her dreams can come true.

But, just for the record, some of those models do deadlift and squat with their personal trainers.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    No interest in watching it. But I heard in a promo that Justin Bieber's part of the show. That scares me.

That actually interests me on the grounds that it may be hilarious.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret lingerie isn't really anything special, fashion wise. They do offer a very high quality product, but the actuall apperance of most of their products is nothing special. I won't watch it because it will be boring as hell.

As for the model bashing, that's dumb. Girls can be skinny and healthy. I'm sure there will be 20 stupid topics tomorrow about model BMIs and how fat is the new skinny.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

As for the model bashing, that's dumb. Girls can be skinny and healthy. I'm sure there will be 20 stupid topics tomorrow about model BMIs and how fat is the new skinny.
    [/quote]

^^^^^thank you!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Probably wearing the new line of lingerie for teen girls.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Tonight CBS will air the Victoria's Secret fashion show at 10/9c. Here is some food for thought you should read if you plan to watch tonight.

After last year's VS fashion show, which was watched by 10.3 million viewers, females could be seen on Twitter tweeting things like "Okay, so no eating," "2 hour workouts start tomorrow," and "Are they trying to make me starve myself?" Females of all ages can’t help but look at these models as prototypes for which they feel they should look like. I’m sure that some of the models work very hard to slim down, working out hard and eating right, or they have fantastic will-power, or they just have crazy metabolisms. Whatever it is, I’m sure some get their slender figures the “honest way.” I’m also quite certain that some of the models do it the “wrong way.” That is, they starve themselves and may even purge after eating. It is very sad to think that any portion of our population, whether young or old, might feel the need to harm themselves just to look like these models. And frankly, it’s just sort of hard to watch an emaciated young woman strut down the runway. Like I said, I don’t feel that all of the models are starving themselves; it would be unfair to make that assumption. However, for those who are doing it the unhealthy way, it is a serious mental health issue that the media has continued to ignore. It is also perpetuating these images to younger generations of girls and endangering their self worth as a result.

What do you think? Will you be watching the fashion show tonight?

***Disclaimer-- Let me just say that I absolutely respect those who will be watching the show tonight. I do not disapprove of the fashion show or Victoria’s Secret (I’m a loyal customer!) I simply choose not to watch the show because of an unrealistic, often unhealthy, ideal presented by the media.

- MT/RT

We forget that looking like that is these ladies profession. Much like being strong an ripped is part of the profession of an NFL Player. It's a different world all together. If you have every waking hour of the day to work out, and a profesional registered disatician planning your meals and you DON'T look like that....shame on you.

However, The rest of us have normal jobs/careers, kids to attend to, and chores that need to be done that get in the way of looking like that. I don't know why normal people would compare themselves to these ladies...or NFL Players.

Don't know if I'll watch or not.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have never watched it. Not because of self-esteem issues, but because I don't care.

^^^^THIS^^^^
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I wish they showed a variety of healthy models in a variety of healthy sizes. That is all.

i am very glad you are not producing the show.

lets keep the models just as they are.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Ok, just the rumor of JB being involved has made my decision for me. I'm not watching.