Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    They are gorgeous and I do wish my body look as beautiful. I'd use it to control my evil empire...mwahahahaha! Never watched it though cuz I'm too fat to fit any of their stuff. Something about seeing thongs being swallowed whole on network TV just doesnt sale.
  • alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Not sure what everyone is writing about here... all I read was:
    "Tonight CBS will air the Victoria's Secret fashion show at 10/9c" :love:
    Note taken and I am outta here! :tongue:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    OP: So, someone sends a tweet and suddenly they are bulimic? If you think that's how easy it is to have an eating disorder I will say that you are seriously misinformed even though I want to say something else. And it is oh-so-brave of you to take a stand by posting this thread in protest while admitting you are a "loyal customer".
    Give me a break.
    If you are going to open your mouth 1.) arm yourself with information. 2.) be willing to stand by what you say. 3.) be willing to SACRIFICE whatever it is that supports what you are protesting.

FFS.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    trashy.com has better products.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I don't know if it's being aired in Australia tonight, but yes I will watch it because I love fashion and watching the models catwalk in those skimpy little outfits isn't too bad of a pass time :P I think they look gorgeous and this model bashing is unfair to those that do do it healthily. Skinny does not necessarily equal unhealthy. Plus, Victoria's Secret is one of the few in the industry that try to promote healthy body images, they are not as "emanciated" as the typical model. In addition to this, people who understand eating disorders will know that the media is, in most cases, not the main cause for girls (and boys) resorting to unhealthy behaviours to get the body they desire. Edit to say that it's a lot more than just appearance.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The huge silly wings they wear on their backs ruin it for me. I won't be watching.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If I watch tonight, in between dinner and going to the gym, it'll be because I placed side bets on which model(s) will have a nipple/areola slip.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'll watch it if my husband is watching it. I'm not intimidated! Could lead to something fun a little later on!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I've never been threatened by another woman's appearance. These girls are not only beautiful, but look to take great care of themselves. I love Karlie Kloss - she's gorgeous.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's being aired in Australia tonight, but yes I will watch it because I love fashion and watching the models catwalk in those skimpy little outfits isn't too bad of a pass time :P I think they look gorgeous and this model bashing is unfair to those that do do it healthily. Skinny does not necessarily equal unhealthy. Plus, Victoria's Secret is one of the few in the industry that try to promote healthy body images, they are not as "emanciated" as the typical model. In addition to this, people who understand eating disorders will know that the media is, in most cases, not the main cause for girls (and boys) resorting to unhealthy behaviours to get the body they desire.

THIS^^^
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I will be plunkering down with a plate of brownies and watching. **** yeah!!!!! :drinker:
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No, I won't be watching it. Will there be a Calvin Klein men's underwear models fashion show immediately following?

^^^ This is what I want to see:tongue:
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just watching a few min everytime... It bores me. They are no doubt all beautiful but that doesn't make me feel bad about myself. These bishes can't deadlift 230 pounds! So I win by default. :laugh:

My hero!!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    No, I won't be watching it. Will there be a Calvin Klein men's underwear models fashion show immediately following?

like!
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I will be watching it with my boyfriend, as long as neither of us get distracted by the time it airs ;) (somehow, we always forget by the time it's on) It's a fun, crazy show & I love the whole thing.

WITH THAT SAID: here's a link for everybody who feels a little insecure http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20544798,00.html

It's definitely work to look like that! You need to have the height & shape to begin with, but to get it all toned? These girls work :)
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Tonight CBS will air the Victoria's Secret fashion show at 10/9c. Here is some food for thought you should read if you plan to watch tonight.

After last year's VS fashion show, which was watched by 10.3 million viewers, females could be seen on Twitter tweeting things like "Okay, so no eating," "2 hour workouts start tomorrow," and "Are they trying to make me starve myself?" Females of all ages can’t help but look at these models as prototypes for which they feel they should look like. I’m sure that some of the models work very hard to slim down, working out hard and eating right, or they have fantastic will-power, or they just have crazy metabolisms. Whatever it is, I’m sure some get their slender figures the “honest way.” I’m also quite certain that some of the models do it the “wrong way.” That is, they starve themselves and may even purge after eating. It is very sad to think that any portion of our population, whether young or old, might feel the need to harm themselves just to look like these models. And frankly, it’s just sort of hard to watch an emaciated young woman strut down the runway. Like I said, I don’t feel that all of the models are starving themselves; it would be unfair to make that assumption. However, for those who are doing it the unhealthy way, it is a serious mental health issue that the media has continued to ignore. It is also perpetuating these images to younger generations of girls and endangering their self worth as a result.

What do you think? Will you be watching the fashion show tonight?

***Disclaimer-- Let me just say that I absolutely respect those who will be watching the show tonight. I do not disapprove of the fashion show or Victoria’s Secret (I’m a loyal customer!) I simply choose not to watch the show because of an unrealistic, often unhealthy, ideal presented by the media.

- MT/RT

Why, here's some food for thought. Victoria's Secret also has a work out program for the seven weeks prior to the show that they advertise rather decently. It advocates getting off of your butt and exercising. What is truly disgusting is that these women are constantly accused of having eating disorders because they have thin, toned bodies. Who's really perpetuating this gross stereotype? The models or the insecure women who have themselves convinced that it can't possibly be hard work and dedication that sculpted the models because THEY don't look like that.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I would watch that. :drinker:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Not watching but because I have a similar type just wanted to say there are plenty of women without weight problems, but let's not bash on those who don't. Unrealistic? No. I'm fine accepting that there are plenty of women that are more beautiful than me, I like beauty and appreciate it. I don't think Giselle's beautiful yet she's the highest paid model in the world for a reason. Even though she's much taller I have the same body type and look quite similar so I am defensive. Sorry.... I don't care for people bashing women that are naturally thin.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I wonder - is it at all distinctly possible that they don't have an eating disorder but perhaps logged their calories to ensure a calorie deficit whilst also sweating their arses off in the gym?

To claim that VS models all have EDs is like me claiming that all Men's Health models do steroids, is it not?