When a Guy Says I Want a Woman That Takes Care of Her Body

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any of the replies but if nobody else has suggested not calling it a 'weightloss journey' then everyone has been remiss.

And this. Don't ever use the word journey.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any of the replies but if nobody else has suggested not calling it a 'weightloss journey' then everyone has been remiss.

Unless you are in the band Journey...then....then maybe we'll cut you some slack
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Steve Perry wants to know what's your problem with Journey.

steve-perry.jpg
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    maybe the dude has had some nasties in his past, and wants to make sure the basics are covered.......ya know, showers once in a while....shaves her legs, v, face, tongue, maybe visits her gyne once in a while, make sure her rats nest hair is free from infestation......maybe he had a mail order bride in the past......you just never know....could be warts, etc....maybe she had a skin condition......so many variables....\m/
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You can only expect from a man what you can give... in other words, if you're still 'fat' then you're going to have to accept you're probably going to end up with a bigger man.

I 100% disagree with this statement.
    I know plenty of people whose spouse or significant other is much heavier or skinnier than they are.
    All this means is the thinner guys who won't date a fat girl (or vice versa) are shallow and only care about looks. So who would want to date a shallow person anyway?
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    He really means "I want a woman who takes care of her body in the way I want her to". Pretty much, he means he wants someone who is thin and won't get fat, who has body hair the way he desires it, etc.

He actually doesn't care about the woman's health as far as exercise and nutrition go. He just cares that she looks a certain way.

Who hurt you?

The patriarchy?

^ Nice!!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    so I'm curious....does "take care of her body" mean

she's done the taking care to the point where she's at maintenance?

or do the guys that post that also mean...

she's currently still taking care and has 50 pounds (insert random number that matches your current position) to lose but technically is STILL taking care of herself...

cause it could be read both ways...but I suspect the guys really only want the one that's at maintenance so they don't have to watch the process, just reap the rewards...

youknowwhati'msayin?
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I always thought it meant No Fatties.
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    IMO when a person is happy with her looks they're more likely to have a confident, sexy attitude and that's attractive. This concept isn't rocket science and it applies to both sexes. Of course we want you to look good, because if you look good then you feel good and that's sexy. And yes if you want to stay that way you're going to have to work at it. That means taking care of your body.

Stop over complicating the issue. It really is that simple.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I could be way off base, but I also wonder how many people(men/women) see a person loosing weight and think "how long before they gain it back?" If they weren't into heavyweights before(or personally fighting the bulge), they'd probably avoid someone with perceived potential to go backwards in their "journey".
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    I always thought it meant No Fatties.

it does.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I agree that calling it a "journey" is dumb, if a dude doesn't message you it's because he got douche chills from the term "weightloss journey"
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You can only expect from a man what you can give... in other words, if you're still 'fat' then you're going to have to accept you're probably going to end up with a bigger man.

I know plenty of people whose spouse or significant other is much heavier or skinnier than they are.
    All this means is the thinner guys who won't date a fat girl (or vice versa) are shallow and only care about looks. So who would want to date a shallow person anyway?

Nope. Usually means they fell in love with them before they gained weight or that they are hung like a horse.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    I agree that calling it a "journey" is dumb, if a dude doesn't message you it's because he got douche chills from the term "weightloss journey"

this-thread-delivers_dhl.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Nope. Usually means they fell in love with them before they gained weight or that they are hung like a horse.

Maybe in some cases, but I know many where this isn't the case.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Women are more based on emotion and the way they 'feel'... men are about looks.

I LOL'd.

I dropped 50 lbs in college between my sophomore and senior year. After about 25lbs I had way more luck with ladies than I did when I was so overweight. I was approached by women far more.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    it means a woman who is already fit, athletic and in shape. no works in progress.

most works in progress fail is the reason why they want someone not going through that process.

and there is nothing wrong with that.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    So much spit and fire flying on this thread! My two cents from personal experience...

My ex husband is the kind of guy who would say something like that. He was pretty open to a variety of shapes, faces, etc, but he had a firm 'no fatties' code. When we met I was 18 and 113 lbs. When we married I was about 123, and he had already started making comments that I needed to 'take care of my body more' even though I worked out 4-5 days a week and ate pretty healthy. I was stressed out during his deployments and grad school and gained a few lbs. At 130, he said he wasn't attracted to me anymore. I went crazy, stopped eating and worked out incessantly, and lost some weight. It didn't help, he still wasn't attracted to me any more and the fact that I 'could' get 'fat' was a 'big turn off'. Obviously a lot more issues going on that just that, but we definitely ended in a nasty divorce.

So what I see when I read that, is that it's a guy who wants someone who is already in shape, has never had trouble with their weight, and will never have trouble with their weight. Let's face it, you probably don't want to be with someone who won't support you on your journey.

Holy cow!! That guy sounds awful!!! No wonder he's an ex! 130 is in NO way fat!
  • mystiqu3
    Options
    Even though I"m not where I want to be I agree with this and I do respect your honesty. I think some women think a guy should be excepting that they are a work in progress when we as women want a man to be "the finished article" in other areas. Example, I don't want a man to be in progress of deciding he wants to settle down and only date one person. I want him to be there. When you meet someone you except them "as is". You can't hope or expect them to change because if they don't you would be let down, including working out. Someone might be going to the gym now and have a goal to lose X amount but what if they stop. You maybe left with something you aren't attracted too. I started once before, worked out 4 times a week and then stopped, no where near my goal by the way.

I don't think its shallow to have a physical preference but that can't be all that you are looking for, skin deep is more important.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Wow. Really? According to you all, she's fat, "a pretty big girl" ...??? I'd say she has a few extra pounds but unless my screen resolution is off she's smaller and fitter looking than most people I see on a daily basis.

well, you know what they say about people on fitness sites... lol...

She's a beautiful woman. But she has more than "a few extra pounds." She's at least a size 18 and that is NOT small. It's plus-sized. She would not be able to walk into the Gap and find clothes to fit her. She carries her weight very well (and I'm sure that photo has some air-brushing, as well), but she's not small.

And when I describe myself as curvy, I'm talking about my bone structure, NOT my size. From the angle of this photo, I can't quite tell if she fits my definition of cruvery (smaller waist relative to hips). But I would not call her curvy based on her size. She's overweight.

Just because you know a lot of people who are MORE overweight than this woman doesn't mean she's a healthy size.

Exactly!
    To the OP you're quoting - if the woman in the picture is smaller than most people you know, then most people you know are overweight. It doesn't make her suddenly not overweight.