When a Guy Says I Want a Woman That Takes Care of Her Body

Options

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Amen. I hate that curvy has become a code word for fat. Hate to break it to you boys, but girls who have a naturally big chest are (9 times out of 10) going to have some hips. Those little girls you see with really big boobs? They are fake most of the time. That's nature.

we know what curvy means. when a guy uses the term, he means what you mean (big boobs, big hips, some extra weight). we also know what curvy means when most women use it to describe themselves (lots of extra weight). so the meaning depends on the context.

Huh?

That's not at all what I meant. Not even a little bit.

When I say curvy, I mean a C or greater cup size with a proportional bottom. I do not mean "some extra weight." I mean, T&A. You can be very fit and still not be a 0 or a 2.

Somehow curvy has been co-opted into a euphemism for fat. That's what drives me nuts.

i thought i understood what you meant. you're assuming "some extra weight" means fat. that's not what it means to us. it just means "not slender".

for example, this woman is curvy and has "some extra weight". 98% of guys would still drool over her. do you consider her fat? this is what i think most men think of when they use the word "curvy".

famous-plus-sizes-model.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Amen. I hate that curvy has become a code word for fat. Hate to break it to you boys, but girls who have a naturally big chest are (9 times out of 10) going to have some hips. Those little girls you see with really big boobs? They are fake most of the time. That's nature.

we know what curvy means. when a guy uses the term, he means what you mean (big boobs, big hips, some extra weight). we also know what curvy means when most women use it to describe themselves (lots of extra weight). so the meaning depends on the context.

Huh?

When I say curvy, I mean a C or greater cup size with a proportional bottom. I do not mean "some extra weight." I mean, T&A. You can be very fit and still not be a 0 or a 2.

Somehow curvy has been co-opted into a euphemism for fat. That's what drives me nuts.

i thought i understood what you meant. you're assuming "some extra weight" means fat. that's not what it means to us. it just means "not slender".

for example, this woman is curvy and has "some extra weight". 98% of guys would still drool over her.

To me, that's overweight. And I have never been anywhere near that size, but I'm curvy.

We're describing a body shape that is defined by bone structure, not weight/size.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Huh?

for example, this woman is curvy and has "some extra weight". 98% of guys would still drool over her. do you consider her fat?

That's a plus sized picture. I'd say a size 14 or 16. Personally, I think she is beautiful and am happy that guys do, too. But, that's not exactly what mean.
  • rml_16
    Options
    What I mean by "curvy":

Curvy.jpg

Or think Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (not in that white bathing suit photo everyone throws around).
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    What I mean by "curvy":

Curvy.jpg

Or think Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (not in that white bathing suit photo everyone throws around).

Try "hot". "Smoking hot" is also acceptable.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    DIta Von Teese = curvy.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    What I mean by "curvy":

Curvy.jpg

^ this.

curvy works, but it's not the first or second adjective that comes to mind.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It's code for "hot" just like when women say they want a man "with goals in life" or who is "successful" they really just mean a man with money.

I'm poor and ugly... therefore according to you... I not only don't "take care of my body", but I also have no "goals in life"?

Damn I'm screwed.

I already asked this on page 3. Nobody seems to want to answer. Probably because women have just as "shallow" a standard as men do.

You're screwed.

And not in the good way either.

On a brighter note I think dating sites are an "artificial reality" in many ways. Sometimes a PC screen simply cannot convey the charisma and "real" looks of a person.
  • rml_16
    Options
    What I mean by "curvy":

Curvy.jpg

^ this.

curvy works, but it's not the first or second adjective that comes to mind.

lol

Well, this is nearly the body I once had and the one I want to get back to. She's my height but I believe her waist is 16 or 18 inches and I don't think that's possible for me. But I guess I'll find out. I never measured my waist before I was concerned about weight!
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    DIta Von Teese = curvy.

don't know who she is, but googling her just now, i think "nekkid" is a more applicable adjective for her.
  • rml_16
    Options
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I know I'm not a guy, but I've heard plenty say that. Those types of guys (most generally) mean they want a skinny girl. It doesn't even mean they want someone that is taking care of their bodies. The way you put it, it's saying the same thing, but means something totally different. You'll give someone a chance that is actively putting in effort to be healthy, whereas, that's not what they generally mean. It's basically a polite way for them to say they care too much about looks and you have to be skinny.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ugly? Smelly? Unkempt?

Don't worry you can be anything you want to be on the interznetz.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_LznPRj_1JmqTWt0c5w0npOON1OC_cz7nrZA6z9YlEK5jW5Lq-A
  • rml_16
    Options
    Ugly? Smelly? Unkempt?

Seriouly -- years and years ago, I met a guy online and he was smart and interesting and cute in his picture and we got along great through e-mail and on the phone.

Then we went out.

O.M.G.

He didn't look like his photo, but I could have gotten past that if he didn't smell. Bad. Not even BO. It was that stale, haven't washed my clothes or hair in years kind of smell. I don't need a guy to be hot, but if you stink, it's over.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Ok I have a friend who has certain standards for the women he dates.
    If the girl was once overweight & has lost the weight and now maintaining, it'd be best for her to NOT tell him she was once heavy.
    He is very honest that he finds nothing attractive about big girls and he doesn't want to date someone predisposed to it.

And if we're being honest - I went out on a date with a guy who told AT DINNER that he had lap band surgery at 18. Lost 200lbs those first 2 years - blah blah blah
    I was so turned off in so many ways.
    1. That an 18 y.o. male had surgery with no known medical reasons for being overweight
    2. He was still heavy and out of shape so not doing anything to maintain the weight loss
    3. Frankly I didn't want to see that naked - I do NOT have a perfect body and don't claim to but no, that's not something I'd like to look at
  • PRMinx
    Options
    DIta Von Teese = curvy.

don't know who she is, but googling her just now, i think "nekkid" is a more applicable adjective for her.

Yes, she's a burlesque model. But, she's gorgeous.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha!!!! Speaking of "Curvy"....... I came across a man's profile that said his body type was "Curvy". He was indeed obese, but curvy is not the adjective I'd have used...... I was dying of laughter for the rest of the day. Still am.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Ugly? Smelly? Unkempt?

Seriouly -- years and years ago, I met a guy online and he was smart and interesting and cute in his picture and we got along great through e-mail and on the phone.

Then we went out.

O.M.G.

He didn't look like his photo, but I could have gotten past that if he didn't smell. Bad. Not even BO. It was that stale, haven't washed my clothes or hair in years kind of smell. I don't need a guy to be hot, but if you stink, it's over.

I met up with a guy who completely lied about his height. That was annoying. Not that he was short, but that he lied about it (like I wasn't going to find out?). He also lied about his job.

Then I went out with a guy who seemed cool but after one margarita he started dropping the F-word every other sentence. He also slapped the table when he laughed. His behavior was so loud and embarrassing, I called him on it.

Me: "Why do you curse so much? You don't need the F-word to order a taco."
    Him: "I dunno. I'm from Jersey."
    Me: "That's my cue."

And before all you Jersey folks yell at me, I'm defending you. I hate when people act like a stereotype and use it as an excuse for terrible behavior. I know a lot of people from Jersey who can have a conversation with a lady without using the F-word as an adjective, adverb or noun.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'll bite since this is essentially what I now have in my profile (along with many other things...) The guys who said it means "not fat" have got it right. I'm fit. I eat well and run a lot. 90% of the girls who contacted me were overweight. Not sure why its so shameful to some women here that a man would want to be with someone they find attractive. I'm not looking for a supermodel but I find most women who work out and are simply fit are attractive.

And as for telling a guy you don't even know yet your whole 'journey'? I would be turned off by that. I've seen too many people who fail to finish what they start. I'm not looking to date someone who might be fit and in shape one day.

That said, I dated a girl a few years ago who had, before we met, lost a lot of weight. Knowing that after we started dating didn't turn me off of her and I'll always be impressed with someone who has changed their entire lifestyle to go from lazy and sedentary to fit and active. That's not an easy thing to do. But just like I won't date someone who is "trying to quit smoking" I won't date someone who is "trying to become more healthy".
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It means "keep moving fatties, you are not wanted here" ! But guys know they wont get laid if they said it like that :)