When a Guy Says I Want a Woman That Takes Care of Her Body

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    would you give a lady a chance knowing that she is legitimately trying to change herself?

Honestly? No.

Not unless there was exceptional chemistry between us.

I would want the finished article and not an ongoing project.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    would you give a lady a chance knowing that she is legitimately trying to change herself?

Honestly? No.

Not unless there was exceptional chemistry between us.

I would want the finished article and not an ongoing project.

At least you are honest but tell me this. How do you find out if there is "exceptional chemistry" between the two of you if you don't give the person a chance? You can't know if there is chemistry unless you talk to the person, in which case you have already given them somewhat of a chance because you didn't ignore them. I mean, unless there is another way of knowing that there is chemistry between the two of you, in which case please tell me how that works.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    It means you'll go to the gym with me.

That would be so fun!
    I imagine we would be laughing half the time :tongue:
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    it makes perfect sense to me.
    you would want the same from your man, am i right?
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    These guys are what are traditionally known as 'Ar$eholes'. They want a 'hot' woman and believe in outdated gender roles. Avoid them and go for the ones who don't state looks as being important in their profile!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I think it could mean different things to different people. I would take it to mean someone who tries to be generally health conscious- eats healthy, stays active, non smoker, etc. Kind of a weird thing though- is anyone really specifically looking for someone who does not take care of herself/himself?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    These guys are what are traditionally known as 'Ar$eholes'. They want a 'hot' woman and believe in outdated gender roles. Avoid them and go for the ones who don't state looks as being important in their profile!
    Because we want you to be health conscious we're shallow arseholes who believe in outdated gender roles?

That's quite a leap.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It means they are looking for someone who has a container of wet wipes on the toilet tank.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    It means they are looking for someone who has a container of wet wipes on the toilet tank.

HA HA AH!!!!!!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Well I think it's fine for men to want the finished product. They just need to say it more clearly and avoid code words. I take care of my body. I don't eat red meat, I work out 4-6 times per week, and I even grow my own organic food. I meditate. I don't eat sugar or white flour on a regular basis. I practice natural medicine. I have a resting pulse of 60 and a bp of 100/65. I shower everyday and get my hair done every six weeks.

So I obviously take care of my body within my abilities to do so, aside from other medical issues. I am 40 pounds overweight. I would never think to respond to someone that posted that, even though taking care of my body is hugely important to me and has been for many years.

Why don't they just say "I want a woman with a BMI in the healthy range who is active?" Cut to the chase. It's more appropriate for both parties.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Wat?

Your own MFP profile states "I also just want to take better care of my body and health"

Do that make you an ar$ehole as well?
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Totally acceptable for me.

AM-glee-cb-4.jpg
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Hahaha!!! Love it!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'll respond with an answer then follow it up with a funny but snarky picture.

Guys crave confidence. Your lacking this, but fear not. You can simply fake it till you make it. Talk to a guy like you know you are the best thing that he is ever going to get and you take good care of yourself already.

104NoFatChicks.jpg
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Wat?

Your own MFP profile states "I also just want to take better care of my body and health"

Do that make you an ar$ehole as well?

kelso-burn.jpg
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I date women so I feel like I can answer this :P...What I take away from that is that they want a woman who is not morbidly obese, who is hygienic, smells good, grooms herself, and dresses decently. Someone who cares about their appearance. Men tend to focus on the physical more than anything AT FIRST. This doesn't mean the guy is a dog, it's just how men are wired. They want a woman who takes pride in her appearance. This doesn't mean a "perfect body", it just means a woman who presents herself well.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    01e.jpg
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    guys dont want to know about your weight loss journey... thats why you dont get replies...

This!!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

It's mainly about confidence. I myself would not be attracted to a guy that didn't. Have it. With this being said, since I started living a healthier lifestyle I prefer guys who do "takes care of his body" meaning someone who isn't a slob and doesn't just lay around. I still have around 50 lbs to go, but I have confidence in my body. People definitely notice it. ;)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong to want a gf who can do pull ups? :D