When a Guy Says I Want a Woman That Takes Care of Her Body

Options

Replies

• Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    To me, it's a woman who's naturally 'Type A'. They're ambitious, go-getter's, players not spectators.

She doesn't need to be jacked and tan. She doesn't need an *kitten* I can bounce a quarter off of, or abs in which to grate the cheese I use in my morning omelets. Just someone who is intrinsically-motivated and receives fulfillment out of a progressive way of life.

On the flip side...Everything can be taken to extremes and the opposite end of the spectrum is equally unattractive. Someone who stresses about the doughnut they just ate or somehow find a way to interject 'the gym' into every conversation is nauseating.

I like women who just DO..They don't yap about it looking for validation.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong to want a gf who can do pull ups? :D

or carry you to bed? How about being so awesome in opening peanut butter jars for me?
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    These guys are what are traditionally known as 'Ar$eholes'. They want a 'hot' woman and believe in outdated gender roles. Avoid them and go for the ones who don't state looks as being important in their profile!

It's mainly about confidence. I myself would not be attracted to a guy that didn't. Have it. With this being said, since I started living a healthier lifestyle I prefer guys who do "takes care of his body" meaning someone who isn't a slob and doesn't just lay around. I still have around 50 lbs to go, but I have confidence in my body. People definitely notice it. ;)

I would never respond to someone who said "I take care of my body." I would respond based on their hobbies and how they describe themselves in terms of their activities. WTH would I care if someone is totally into a sport that does not interest me in the least unless I want to look at the effects of said sport on their body. Now, if they said "I hike" or "I run" then I might respond because we could do that together. Even if they mentioned something I might like to try, I might respond. Otherwise, I'd take it as code for superficial or someone with a lot of restrictions on what we could eat or do when we were together.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    These guys are what are traditionally known as 'Ar$eholes'. They want a 'hot' woman and believe in outdated gender roles. Avoid them and go for the ones who don't state looks as being important in their profile!

Wat?

Your own MFP profile states "I also just want to take better care of my body and health"

Do that make you an ar$ehole as well?

kelso-burn.jpg

30bh3i8.gif
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong to want a gf who can do pull ups? :D

or carry you to bed? How about being so awesome in opening peanut butter jars for me?

:-D
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    What about carrying you to bed and spreading peanut butter all over you? Isn't that what you're really getting at? bwhahahaha:laugh:

See this what I mean about reading into things.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    What about carrying you to bed and spreading peanut butter all over you? Isn't that what you're really getting at? bwhahahaha:laugh:

See this what I mean about reading into things.

:noway: Waste of PB! Plus I don't know if I would have to log it - does it get absorbed into the skin?
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    He really means "I want a woman who takes care of her body in the way I want her to". Pretty much, he means he wants someone who is thin and won't get fat, who has body hair the way he desires it, etc.

He actually doesn't care about the woman's health as far as exercise and nutrition go. He just cares that she looks a certain way.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    He really means "I want a woman who takes care of her body in the way I want her to". Pretty much, he means he wants someone who is thin and won't get fat, who has body hair the way he desires it, etc.

He actually doesn't care about the woman's health as far as exercise and nutrition go. He just cares that she looks a certain way.
    There's a lot of bunched up panties in this thread. This simply isn't true for me, and I'm sure for a lot of other men.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    IMO I take that as meaning he wants a girl who is already in shape and will continue to be in shape. Someone who will live an active lifestyle not someone who as soon as the relationship starts will become a couch potato and pack on the lbs. Also this includes someone who is hygienically clean.
    On a side note. I think it is funny the number of people who believe you are shallow just because you care about looks. Take pride in yourself just because you care does not mean you are shallow.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Who hurt you?
  • Umeboshi
    Options

There's a lot of bunched up panties in this thread. This simply isn't true for me, and I'm sure for a lot of other men.

I assure you, my panties are in fact fitting me correctly and are quite comfortable at the moment.
    Thanks for your concern about the condition of my undergarments?
  • Umeboshi
    Options

Who hurt you?

The patriarchy?
  • sheri555
    Options
    I guess I kind of think of it like the whole hygiene part is just a given. EVERYONE wants someone who showers, lol. When I read that I always take it to mean that the person is looking for someone who is in shape. And there is nothing wrong with that. It is not shallow to want to be attracted to someone. It's shallow if "fit" is the ONLY thing you're looking for. Like "Oh you have a horrible personality and you're mean to small children? Well, that's fine as long as you're in shape."
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think some people want people who "have arrived" rather than those who are a "work in progress." This applies to both men and women. When I first started dating my husband some girls told me I shouldn't date him because he had a dead end, low-paying job. That's fine for them, I get it, but if I'd followed their advice I wouldn't have had a lot of the wonderful experiences in my life. Since we have been together my husband joined the Navy and now he has a job that he loves and he makes enough money to support us. If I'd only been looking for a "finished product" I would have missed out on a lot. But it could have gone the other way and I might have ended up married to the very unhappy manager of the local McDonald's.

I guess my question is this: if these guys are not interested in you right now, why would you want them to give you a chance? Why not wait for a guy who really wants you and who appreciates your efforts?
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

Wow- exactly
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've written the same thing. I want a man that's physically fit also! Its very sexy to see muscle tone! I'm not saying ripped to the core! but smooth. I can be a friend to all, but we all know the first thing we see is the physical! we are visual people! Men want a girl that other men look at! not all men but some do. It all goes back to "you have to love your self before anyone else.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    guys dont want to know about your weight loss journey... thats why you dont get replies...

Maybe not, but if on a dating site I have to tell them about myself that's what I do, and that includes what I've done to change who I am. If someone doesn't want to know about me and my accomplishments then they are not someone I want to be with in the long run. Seems to me that you'd want to know about someone and things that they've done when getting to know someone, unless of course you are just looking for a hook up or something similar.

don't talk about that subject. to a lot of guys, especially the ones that have never had to lose more than 5-10lbs at any point in their lives, telling them you lost a lot of weight is not going to mean the same to them that it means to you. to them it means, "she was fat and she will be fat again". no reason to bring up the topic until you really start getting to know somebody.
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    guys dont want to know about your weight loss journey... thats why you dont get replies...

Maybe not, but if on a dating site I have to tell them about myself that's what I do, and that includes what I've done to change who I am. If someone doesn't want to know about me and my accomplishments then they are not someone I want to be with in the long run. Seems to me that you'd want to know about someone and things that they've done when getting to know someone, unless of course you are just looking for a hook up or something similar.

don't talk about that subject. to most guys, especially the ones that have never had to lose more than 5-10lbs at any point in their lives, telling them you lost alot of weight is not going to mean the same to them that it means to you. to them it means, "she was fat and she will be fat again". no reason to bring up the topic until you really start getting to know somebody.

If brodude is that concerned that you were fat at one point maybe you'd be better off with someone else. If I were in the dating world I would not hide an ounce of who I am in order to get a guy to like me. If brodude did not like me for ALL of me then whyyy would I be interested in him again?
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Agreed!! I think that people read into things too much. I've been on online dating sites recently and have had messages from guys who have "takes care of her body" on it. Needlessly to say, they aren't just looking for thin girls obviously. I'm not saying some aren't but even if they did why would you want someone that isn't into you...