Size 12 = Fat?

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I started at a 26/28 pants and got as low as a size 8. Because of my body type/structure, I got accused of being anorexic when I was a size 8. I am a pear shaped so when I wore size 8 pants, my arms, neck, faces looked gaunt as I'm much smaller on top. I have a thin face, thin arms, bony hands, etc... I maintained that weight loss holding at a size 10 for 8 years. I did have a lapse of sanity and allowed myself to regain up to a size 16W:( Right now, I'm a tight 12/14 and am hoping to get back to my closet full of 10s. I might even be happy at a 12(easier to maintain for me) but then I'd have go buy new pants for work. Right now I'm wearing the ones I bought when I was on my way up from a 10:)
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I knew I was fat when I hit a 12 in pants. With dress sizes you can be thin but with large breasts at a size 12. That is one of the reasons I detest dress sizes. Pants are what matters. Thats where the belly, butt, and thighs are.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    NO, it isn't.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I would be thrilled to be able to wear a 12. It is probably a good size for me as well as I am pretty wide and large boned. But, if I was dainty then I would shoot for something much lower like my sister who starts looking chunky when she hits a 12, but looks great as a size 8, she is not large boned or wide and she isn't muscular. So, it depends. I tend to think most people look best at the top of the height weight charts some people think people look better at the lower end. I think if you are healthy then that is the best weight to be and what other people think is their problem.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    It is a really good size ! Well done:)
  • suzanzale
    suzanzale Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Depends on each person's want/need. I am now in a size 8 jean and saw some photos of myself and think I look fat around the middle.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I started at a 12 at 5'8. I am a size 10 now, but for my body type a size 6/8 is much healthier looking. But there are some people who look great in a 12, so it goes back to your body type.