Why you souldent eat back your calories

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    im not getting involved in THAT, but what words are spelled incorrectly in this post ?!?!?!? :indifferent:

Thank you! I thought the same thing. The punctuation might be a little off, but the spelling is spot on!

Only if you have a lisp.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    troll_2.jpg
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well your lack of correct spelling makes me not believe you.

...Nothing was spelled wrong.... sooo, wtf are you talking about? Does this mean you automatically believe OP, now?

You should probably read EVERYTHING before you get all pissy. I just stated my opinion.

If you actually looked at the subject line you would see an obvious mistake that not even my 2nd grade niece makes.

I knew the body of the post was copied and pasted from else where as there are no spelling errors in it anywhere, and the OP didn't correct their spelling of the subject line in the body which leads me to believe they really believe that words that end like shouldn't requres an E added so it says shouldEnt... instead of shouldn't or should not. Also I tend to not believe everything I read on the MFP forums because really there is a LOT of bad advice running around here.

Edited because of my lack of quoting skills on these damn forums.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    The Best Piece of Weight Loss Advice Ever Exercise is not a license to eat. “All too often clients believe that any exercise gives them permission to eat more,” says Moore, “The truth is, it rarely balances out calories consumed.”

Hence the reason we log and track our calorie intake and exercise output on this website..to have a idea of what our NET is for the day. And it really depends on your goals and what your base calorie allowance is. There are just so many variables that can not be fit under your umbrella statement.
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Cut her some slack dewd. Her main language is French.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

This. If you can't spell basic contractions, I'm thinking your science skills probably aren't all that great either.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    context?
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO0.jpg

:laugh:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    They mean that jogging for 30 minutes doesn't mean you can have that Mcdonalds value menu....

"You can't outrun a bad diet"

Doesn't mean you aren't allowed to eat exercise calories back.... MFP already calculates your deficit so your exercise calories are a bonus... I don't see anyone on here allowing themselves an extra 1,000 calories just because they did a 30 minute workout...
    When you eat back exercise calories it isn't overeating.... You're aware of the calorie allowance left, this site is specifically for logging foods / workouts.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Extreme deficits can deter weight loss and stun metabolism. There is a balance, and while exercise doesn't justify gorging oneself, it does justify eating back calories burned if daily deficit has been already established.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^ I'd listen to this guy ^^
  • gottaTuscany
    gottaTuscany Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    MFP already puts me in a deficit so if I chose to not eat back my exercise calories, I'd have too much of a deficit that I'd be starving! I will continue to eat back my exercise calories. I've lost 21lbs since I've started my weight loss on MFP and if eating them back really 'hindered' weight loss, those 21lbs wouldn't have been lost.

I totally agree.

I have a slow metabolism. Eating kick starts my metabolism and I lose weight. When I don't eat back the calories, I feel weak. I just eat the right foods for me.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I guess I just better put those 107 pounds back on, because I always eat back some or all of my exercise calories! :drinker:
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    eating back half has worked for me :)
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    09595-nom-nom-nom.gif
  • Spell check is your friend.

Spell check is my friend when writing a paper; who cares on MFP. Just a thought.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

oooh burn!!!
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Malarkey
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options

I didn't notice any spelling mistakes...grammar maybe, but not spelling.
  • sociologywoman
    sociologywoman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good post, but I agree with what a lot of the posters have already said... I track my calories, and I've even done a "resting metabolic rate" test to see what I burn or need for calories just sitting in a dark room breathing lol... As it stands right now, the first goal should always be to change your eating habits to be that of WHOLE foods, healthy foods, etc... avoiding processed junky foods... then understanding calories in vs calories out...

With that said, my resting caloric rate was 1440 (give or take), the trainer said with light activity an addition 430 or so, so I'm looking at 1800-1900 cals just for my body to function! NOW if I add exercise into the mix, moderate activity 5-6x a week...which I do, I was looking at 2100-2200 cals a day... of course that scared the heck out of me, ... however, If I'm restricting calories lets say to around 1500 a day...and I burn 600 working out...that leaves me a net for the day of 900 calories for my body to function... thats not enough.... I NEED to make up those 600 calories so my body doesn't go into starvation mode!!! So the "article" per se was not accurrate....depending on the situation it might actually be FULLY necessary to eat back the calories you've burned..

This way you're body will slowly start to tape into the fat reserves to make up for the rest of the calories missing...if creating a deficit for weight loss.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Cut her some slack dewd. Her main language is French.

Nope, sorry. If I was on a mainly french speaking form and my first language was english I would still make sure my french spelling was correct.

I have no mercy for people that don't take the time to spell check things. Also... its DUDETTE... I am female..