Why you souldent eat back your calories

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If I want to cycle 50miles and then go get a pizza that's my choice, and it seems to be working ok for me! :drinker:
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What if I just want to DRINK back my exercise calories. 1 hr of Zumba = 3 coctails??? :-D
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Ah, ok. So this has nothing to do with MFP? Then it makes since. The whole rule of thumb is to burn 500cal a day more than you consume. So, if your MBR is 2,000. You eat those 2,000, then you burn 500 on a treadmill or whatever, then you're right, you wouldn't eat those back. But since your comment has nothing to do with MFP, ;then there was no point in even posting it.

Lol, wrong again. Yes, I'm in college phys ed. It is actually a chemical reaction because it relies on the chemical properties of exercise and of the substances in the food you eat. These substances-tannins, caffeine, and many others-dissolve when you exercise. The heat accelerates the reaction, but it is not a physical change. (Try exercising with cold food-eventually you will get fit, although it will taste a bit different, probably because heat affects the dissolution of the various substances at different rates.) It's a chemical reaction therefore it does change the molecular properties of the exercise. Don't you just love how people try to sound smart, when they have no clue what they are talking about?

I stopped at "the chemical properties of exercise" ... Omg.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/814368-water-intake-does-tea-count-and-coffee?page=4

Second from the bottom.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have no mercy for people that don't take the time to spell check things. Also... it's DUDETTE... I am female..

I fixed it for you. NO MERCY, Karate Kid style. :flowerforyou:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Well your lack of correct spelling makes me not believe you.

haha. this.

And fyi, I have had great success in my weight loss, and I do sometimes (not always, just depends on the day) eat back my exercise calories.
  • juliechatfield
    Options
    i do not know how this works really , because i know people who eat back a lot of their cals , and are still loseing a lot of weight , but for me i have to be very careful because i seem to put on weight just by looking at the wrong thing so really each person has to find what works for them , and that can only be done by trial and error to start with :happy: