Paleo eating?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Eating a calorie deficit DOES NOT work for everyone!! Been doing that for years and I haven't lost a pound

Wrong. If you are not losing than you are not eating at a deficit.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I will start off by saying I don't eat paleo now, however I have in the past. I like the promotion of using fresh meats and veggies and eliminating processed foods. I did find it to be too restrictive for me to maintain long term. You will have to do your own research and see if you can make it a lifestyle change given how strict it is.

You also need to really consider learning how to cook as you will have to prepare your own food. All in all it can be a good choice for a lot of people. You just have to decide for yourself.

You know what's awesome? It's not too hard to learn to cook fresh meats and veggies without adherence to any specific diet regiment. The only thing I don't do yet is bake my own bread. (And I have no plans to grow my own wheat; I'll still buy flour at the store.) That's something I want to learn to do well.

Before I stopped eating bread entirely, my family and I used to make bread from wheat berries. Would buy them in five-gallon buckets and grind them into flour in a Whispermill mill (which sounded like a small angry jet airplane). Not quite grinding them between two rocks, but certainly had a freshness that you can't buy in a grocery store.

(Hey, someone do me a favor and quote this post since I'm 99.44% certain that WT has me on ignore. :drinker: )
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    (Hey, someone do me a favor and quote this post since I'm 99.44% certain that WT has me on ignore. :drinker: )

(I used to, but I took you off ignore a long time ago, Jof. You went on ignore with about 15 or so other people on the day I got my first warning from the mods. :wink:)

(Sorry for hijacking.)

So anyway, paleo eating....it's not for me, but I try not judge. :smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Before I stopped eating bread entirely, my family and I used to make bread from wheat berries. Would buy them in five-gallon buckets and grind them into flour in a Whispermill mill (which sounded like a small angry jet airplane). Not quite grinding them between two rocks, but certainly had a freshness that you can't buy in a grocery store.

I have made flour from hemp seeds before. It tasted like crap until I figured out that you could mix it with oats and wheat flour. Then it came out pretty good, with the addition of butter and cinnamon and sugar. :smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I will start off by saying I don't eat paleo now, however I have in the past. I like the promotion of using fresh meats and veggies and eliminating processed foods. I did find it to be too restrictive for me to maintain long term. You will have to do your own research and see if you can make it a lifestyle change given how strict it is.

You also need to really consider learning how to cook as you will have to prepare your own food. All in all it can be a good choice for a lot of people. You just have to decide for yourself.

You know what's awesome? It's not too hard to learn to cook fresh meats and veggies without adherence to any specific diet regiment. The only thing I don't do yet is bake my own bread. (And I have no plans to grow my own wheat; I'll still buy flour at the store.) That's something I want to learn to do well.

Yeah that is awsome since I do the same thing. I eat in moderation now, however paleo has its pros. It is a lifestyle for a lot of people. We all have to find what works for us on an individual level.

True! I have several friends of mine that do the paleo thing. It leads to things like, I get the croutons off their salad at the restaurant. :laugh: So in that sense, I can't be mad. I love croutons. But it's definitely not for me. I find it fascinating how some of my friends will go on and on about it about how great it is, but only two of them are honestly sticking to it. But each to her own.