Down 109 lbs in a year (first pics ever)

Options

Replies

• tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    (And by the way, you are beautiful! Not photogentic? Pfft! :) )
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    You had me at Mike Myers in a nutshell...............:laugh:
  • sjscobie1982
    Options
    wow, well done you have did an amazing job! x
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss.
  • sweetneat75
    sweetneat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Its definitley a great motivator for those of us on here! And you look fantastic!
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hope I can accomplish this much in a year! Congrats!
  • pwicke
    pwicke Posts: 29
    Options
    you look fabulous!!!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look GREAT!!! And you look younger. You truly are an inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing your success with us :)
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Wow! This was in ONE YEAR??? How tall are you and WHAT IN THE WORLD did you do?
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    awesome. What was your starting weight? you really do look amazing.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    The difference is amazing! Congrats on a job well done! :flowerforyou:
  • kayla7jackson
    Options
    You have done such an amazing job! I am so proud of you for all the hard work you have done! :) WAY TO GO!
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, and have done a great job working hard to achieve your goals. Bravo.:smile:
  • wnabthnr52
    wnabthnr52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are an encouragement to all of us. No matter how long it took for you to wake up to the fact that you wanted to live, it still inspires the rest of us because some are still trying to wake up and live. Thanks for hanging in there :flowerforyou:
  • sateliteofluv
    sateliteofluv Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!! Your story is truly an inspiration. Thanks for the motivation boost today!
  • iamabutterflychaser
    iamabutterflychaser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your incredibly inspiring story! The difference between the before and after are like night and day! Your story has really touched me, and I'm so glad that you were able to overcome such obstacles in your life. You are a stronger person because of it!

I was just wondering what are the main things that you did to get the weight off in just a year? My weight loss is creeping along and I could definitely use some advise.

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Shabas87
    Shabas87 Posts: 69
    Options
    Jaw dropping results, way to go!!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You have done well both physically and emotionally. You were able to get to the root of the problem. That is a recipe for long term success. Congratulations!!!!:drinker:
  • Jendegeorge
    Options

I was just wondering what are the main things that you did to get the weight off in just a year? My weight loss is creeping along and I could definitely use some advise.

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, sweetie. I think there's a bunch of factors that came into the situation and the perfect time. Its not like I hadn't tried to 'diet' before. But having had an abusive past, education on nutrition was laughable. :ohwell:

So reading all I could but only RELIABLE sources helped tons, subscribing to helpful blogs was also wonderful. I have a very dear friend that cheered me on and we celebrated frequently with a diet cocktail or walking the boutiques looking at the smaller sizes we loved and finally fit into. Even trying on things together that we wouldn't necessarily buy but got to see they looked fab on us! :laugh:

I also made a huge effort to remove toxic relationships. I am a natural caretaker and giver...so I found that I was easily used by others and wasn't getting anything positive back. That wasn't okay anymore. When a 'friend' can't celebrate with you for something YOU succeeded at, something isn't right there. :grumble: The hardest was toxic family - I'm a loyal person and felt obligated far too much.

I log everything, painfully so. And when I go out to eat, before I look at the menu (and those TASTY pics) I get on MFP and type the restaurant into the app and see if there's any healthier options. I ask a friend to split a meal. I also get a salad and just ask for a lean meat on the side. I never get salad dressing and give my croutons to my kids/hubby. My friend brings her diet dressing with her in upcycled MiO bottles....I'm not to that point yet. :noway: :laugh: But she's pretty inspiring. (GO ADRI!)

My hubby and sons are awesome, but I don't expect them to change for me. Teens need calories! But they've been learning about nutrition and eat healthier by osmosis. When they have bacon cheese burgers (I make awesome bcb!) I get myself something special like a fancy piece of salmon and grill it with spices and put it on some whole grain carb OR a luscious salad. Often they gobble up their burgers and envy my salad. Bwhahahahaa.

Sorry so long...it's so much more than that...but that's what's on my mind at the moment.

Love to you....and remember it's NOT a diet. It's living better. xo
    Jen~
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    wow...thanks....funny we never stop seeing ourselves the old way huh?
    Jaw dropping results, way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!