Down 109 lbs in a year (first pics ever)

Options

Replies

• keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What a transformation!!
  • mjanemorgan
    mjanemorgan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    well done!! that is amazing! you look fantastic! :D
  • punkisdead83
    punkisdead83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Jesus that's unbelievable. Congrats.
  • leighmc04
    Options
    AMAZING !!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well done you - you look wonderful and such an inspiration to others!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work!!!!
  • woolygrandma123
    woolygrandma123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, i have found pointers to help me to escape from my cocoon and turn into a butterfly. :-)
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    First you look incredible & love that you lost it through hard work! You were so honest w your childhood & love the fact that you reached out to save your sons! Thanks for sharing your story & always remember you're beautiful inside & out . You're an inspiration to me! Keep up,the great work!:smile:
  • Besa27
    Besa27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!! GREAT SUCCESS! :)))))
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successes both physically, mentally and emotionally. I am so happy for you. You took back your life and look great while doing so. Kudos.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options

I log everything, painfully so. And when I go out to eat, before I look at the menu (and those TASTY pics) I get on MFP and type the restaurant into the app and see if there's any healthier options. I ask a friend to split a meal. I also get a salad and just ask for a lean meat on the side. I never get salad dressing and give my croutons to my kids/hubby. My friend brings her diet dressing with her in upcycled MiO bottles....I'm not to that point yet. :noway: :laugh: But she's pretty inspiring. (GO ADRI!)

Thanks for this tip. Especially the Mio bottle thingy.
    And CONGRATS!!
  • HeatBrom
    HeatBrom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That amount of weight in a year is a great accomplishment. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm familiar w/ your comment about not participating in certain activities because of not being able to do it or embarrassment. Your story gives me hope that I too can see great results!
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wondering what type of exercise you did?
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Your story is sad and it choked me up, but the main thing is it has a happy ending. You look absolutely amazing. Congratulations! I am flabbergasted that one of your so-called 'friends' said she preferred you with more weight! All I can say on that is I believe she was jealous of you - it can be the only explanation!

You deserve every happiness :wink:
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are killing this! You, my dear, are a winner!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Amazing...you should be so proud! :)
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Amazing, inspiring and you are so pretty....

Keep on logging and I will be please to be your MFP friend my diary is open for friends and if you want more motivation and have a friend who lost more than 100 pounds too. Now girl we have to maintain.

Nadine....:wink:
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing story. I know how a bad childhood can affect someone the rest of their lives. It's great that you overcame so much. You realized your true worth, and that's the greatest gift of all. WTG!!
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    Wondering what type of exercise you did?

Originally I could only do about 10 mins on my treadmill at about 1.5 mph no incline. Gradually I worked up to 20 mins at 2.0 mph. Then I did more and faster. Then I added hand weights (2lb) and did some arms with my walking. FINALLY I realized that INCLINE is key to using my bootay and burning more calories faster. Now I can do an hour at a decent walk/jog and most of the time at a high incline. I do vary it because of the muscles it uses. I can FEEL the stomach or butt muscles singing my praises (aka cursing me) as I go. BUT, I get bored. So I tape my fav shows and only let myself watch them on the treadmill. (Mind games work for me!) And I have used Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to change things up....BUT I learned (yo Adri!) that you might wanna mute her and listen to some awesome music instead. I don't like being yelled at (thanks childhood) so that's more fun!

FYI the level 2 on Jillian is MUCH easier for those of us with a bust that doesn't like jumping. <LOL>

To fund my need for healthier food (eating healthy is EXPENSIVE) I have a couple cleaning jobs. This is AWESOME for cardio and I run through my work, job up the stairs, lug heavy machinery and move furniture. My bosses love me. <LOL>

I also love yard work. I used to use it when I was little to mow the yard and cry.....dad couldn't yell when I was mowing because I couldn't hear him....and no one knew I was crying because they figured it was sweat as we live in Texas. I've always been stubborn about not letting those who hurt me know that they were getting to me. Maybe not healthy, but I've syphoned that stubbornness into a healthy lifestyle.

If you type in mowing and yard work mins into the cardio area on MFP, you'd be surprised how much you can work off! I kinda like an adult beverage after a long day of yard work - and I've earned it if I did 500+ cals. <LOL> And my yard is lovely.

I can't job/walk/run in my neighborhood, it's a very busy street/hwy, but when possible my teens and I go to the park and 'play'. One skateboards around me when I walk, the other likes basketball so we play some hoops....the time together is priceless and the lessons we're teaching them last a lifetime and then get inherited to our future generations. I love that idea!

So get up and MOVE with me.....we can do it!!!! WE ARE WOMEN HEAR US ROAR! (or men...ya'll can roar too. xo)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!